The online racing simulator
Quote from xWolFx :illepall Ryan....i took away stupid logo, update render please

Yes, I noticed that. However I'm putting a little more effort into this one by making a 3d number plate and grill area.. so.. Bear with me

Edit : I have no idea what you were trying to say about the wheels, so I left the model the same and made them black.
Attached images
FXR_Vauxhall_Render_3dstuff.jpg
I will see if Dave and Ryan can render those skins anytime soon. Not bad work though
Hey m8s

Could you take yourselfs 10 min's :P And render my skin
that would be Awsome

Edit: If it isnt to much, then theese rims would match the UF1 extremely good http://www.schweiger-carparts.de/OZ/superleggera.jpg
Attached images
UF1_shaGuar.JPG
Quote from beefyman666 :Would anyone be kind enough to render my new skin?

I'm pleased with this skin and it'd look even better with the shininess of a good render.

Skin:-
http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/364/fxrjackdaniels1vw.jpg

Thanks in advance.

The way I normally have my lighting set up didn't seem to work very well with really dark skins. I tweaked it around a bit, although I didn't really get it the way I wanted.
But I hope you like it anyway
Attached images
FXR_Beefyman.jpg
That's superb joen, thank you.

Only thing wrong with it that I can see is the steering wheel is straight yet the wheels are turned. I don't think it would do one full steering wheel turn to get a slight steering angle. (if that makes sense?)

Other than that it looks brilliant. I really like the centre console, do you have a version of that for ingame or is it just for renders?

Thanks again.
Quote from beefyman666 :That's superb joen, thank you.

Only thing wrong with it that I can see is the steering wheel is straight yet the wheels are turned. I don't think it would do one full steering wheel turn to get a slight steering angle. (if that makes sense?)

Other than that it looks brilliant. I really like the centre console, do you have a version of that for ingame or is it just for renders?

Thanks again.

jeeeezzzz, I can't believe I didn't think about that :doh: I did a render from a different view first, you couldn't really see the wheel from that perspective so I didn't bother changing it. Decided to change the angle, but forgot about the wheel

I'm going to change that tomorrow and reupload ok?

The interior is a custom one made by Grey Fox. You can find them here: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=162052#post162052
It says lightset, but it contains interior parts too. The interior textures have exterior parts in them as well, makes no sense lol
You could put those in your data/dds folder, and you'll be able to use that ingame too.
Superb, I'll try that out later.

And no worries how long it takes to be done, I'm in no hurry for it.

Appreciate it all.
Ok, changed it, and fixed up the lighting a bit more. Hope you like
Attached images
fxr-beefyman-take two.jpg
Love it! Thanks joen.
if anyone can, please render these 2 skins, if possible with the razo one, someone pull off a drift with it, since its my drift skin, n the Fox racing one, I dunno how I want it but its my first skin i everdid so if its possible id like something really special done to it
Attached images
XRT_noidea.PNG
XRT_Razo Skin.png
-
(kyler) DELETED by kyler
-
(joen) DELETED by joen
please render my skin
Attached images
XRT_ROCTANE.jpg
please?
Quote from psychojuggalo17 :if anyone can, please render these 2 skins, if possible with the razo one, someone pull off a drift with it, since its my drift skin, n the Fox racing one, I dunno how I want it but its my first skin i everdid so if its possible id like something really special done to it

Done the first one, not done the red one yet. Will try to do it tomorrow.

If you want anything changed let me know. Not exactly sure what I can do that's special that won't take days. So I put your racername on the numberplate
Attached images
XFT_BAM.jpg
XRT_BAM.jpg
XRT_BamSide.jpg
wot forgot about my skin bein rendered lol, but man, thank u ryan! im lovin the 3rd pic, nothing needing 2 be changed! everythings nice!
hi, can any one please render these two pics of mine? Thanks! Lots of smoke efffects and lens flare effects are encouraged.
Attached images
ScreenShot002.jpg
ScreenShot003.jpg
What should we render? Are you going to supply the skin and the 3D track layour to render it in? Do you actually know what rendering is, or has a elderly snail just run away with your last remaining brain cell.

Seriously, think before opening mouth (or hitting keys), and then you won't look like such an idiot.

Edit: Oh, and use anti aliasing on screenshots if you want them to look better.
sorry there are the skins. they are bit low in quality, but thats all I have, does that matter?

No i am not clear what rendering is. Someone please enlighten me. I am new to LFS stuff...so please dont be so harsh towards newcomers. Also I do have anti-aliasing on, it is on max setting.

I have no 3D files of the track, but I saw someone posted a screen shot of his and everyone just rendered it as it is. So I thought I'll do the same...whats have i done wrong?
Attached images
XRR_IDS_S15_2.jpg
FXR_NAswitcher.jpg
Rendering is when someone imports the 3d model into a 3d program and then applies the skin/lfs textures to it. Then they create a lighting setup and usually try to make it look as realistic as possible.

I suck at explaining it but a 1024, or for better results, 2048 res skin is required to render your skin.

Someone now come along and explain this better, the heat is getting to me
Quote from Ryanry64 :
Someone now come along and explain this better, the heat is getting to me

Sounds pretty clear to me

Quote from drift_apprentice :sorry there are the skins. they are bit low in quality, but thats all I have, does that matter?

Well, if your skin is low quality, the render quality will be low as well. Your skinfile will be used as a texture on the 3D model. So the higher quality you can provide, the higher quality your render will be.

Quote :
I have no 3D files of the track, but I saw someone posted a screen shot of his and everyone just rendered it as it is.

Please show me where, because that is impossible. You cannot create a render out of a screenshot, it's a completely different thing.

Maybe you're talking about the "edit my screenshot thread"? Because I have seen a lot of renders but none of them had a fully modelled and textured LFS track in it.

Or maybe you're talking about a rendered car where a 2D picture of the track is used as a background.
Yeah, it was from "edit my screenshot thread". So it is not possible to do my screen shots? Thanks for the explaination, now I know.

i guess no one will do those pics for me? pointless? Here is a 1024 res skin. Thanks in advance. I love to have it as my window background.
Attached images
XRR_Blue_S14.jpg

Render My Skin
(9831 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG