The online racing simulator
Has anyone ever done a side on render that isn't 3D. You do know what rendering is, don't you?
He means he doesn't want one like this.
Quote from MoriX :want a good render. not from the sides etc..

Quote from MoriX :i dont mean a simple render. like JUST from the side..
a 3D render, if someone can make that

Quote from Kchrpm :He means he doesn't want one like this.

Quote from MoriX :thats tru. i want a 3d from a nice angle.

Dude, why you can't show us that "amazing camera angel" what you want?
Don't tell what you don't want, tell what you want.

Hi, can someone make a render out of my fox skin? Preferably in 1280*1024 or up if it isn't too much trouble I would greatly appreciate it
To give an example of what i like, i liked these for instance:

http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... tid=7430&d=1143798654 (the tires and rims look amazing on this one )
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e114/nrap1975/Aus1.jpg
http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... tid=7594&d=1144193757

I'd like to learn 3DSmax, but I can't get it to install properly It gives me the brilliant error "installation has failed because of an error" or something like that illepall

//edit:skinfile removed
Tried to do it like you asked, and I hope that it's satisfactory. If not, give me a buzz and we'll see what can be done about it.
Attached images
Jeroen.jpg
Quote from joen :
I'd like to learn 3DSmax, but I can't get it to install properly It gives me the brilliant error "installation has failed because of an error" or something like that illepall

Is this the error you get:
Error 1920. Server 'RaySat_3dsmax8 Server'
(mi-raysat_3dsmax) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services.
Quote from tristancliffe :Tried to do it like you asked, and I hope that it's satisfactory. If not, give me a buzz and we'll see what can be done about it.

It's more than satisfactory, i think it looks fantastic! Very nice job, the tires look great and i like the angles
And so fast, how long does it take to do a render like this one?
Thanks so much!

Quote from Cropsy : Is this the error you get:
Error 1920. Server 'RaySat_3dsmax8 Server'
(mi-raysat_3dsmax) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services.

No, it was some totally meaningless, non specified error like "installation failed because of an error" It didn't give any error code or something like that. But it's been some time since I last tried, I'll give it another go tomorrow
Erm, about 3 minutes arranging the cars, 3 minutes arranging the camera, 25 minutes fiddling with materials, as I wasn't totally happy with a couple, 5 minutes worth of previews (all of these steps intermingled), then 21 minutes for the final 1280 render. So in total 57 minutes. My fastest 1280 render, from loading the scene to saving the render was 18 minutes because it was a simple shot and I didn't tweak anything.

Glad you approve.

Edit (after your reply below): That's obviously not taking into account the hundreds of renders I've done before now each time, nearly, tweaking or improving (or ruining) something, and the 3 or 4 month learning period before any of my work was good enough to be made public and considered a render. Maybe I'm just a slow learner.
Quote from tristancliffe :Erm, about 3 minutes arranging the cars, 3 minutes arranging the camera, 25 minutes fiddling with materials, as I wasn't totally happy with a couple, 5 minutes worth of previews (all of these steps intermingled), then 21 minutes for the final 1280 render. So in total 57 minutes. My fastest 1280 render, from loading the scene to saving the render was 18 minutes because it was a simple shot and I didn't tweak anything.

Glad you approve.

Ok that's quite fast. I did some experimenting with Lightwave3D in the past and doing renders with that would take up so much time. But that was on a much slower system than i have now though. So I hope I can get 3DS working, would love to do some lfs renders

edit:
looks like a no-go again, here is the error I get when trying to install 3DS 8:

How weird is that? illepall

I've looked through the logfile, but that doesn't give me any info I understand. This is the last part of it:

MSI (s) (8C:F8) [11:13:07:232]: MainEngineThread is returning 1603
MSI (s) (8C:DC) [11:13:07:232]: Destroying RemoteAPI object.
MSI (s) (8C:9C) [11:13:07:232]: Custom Action Manager thread ending.
MSI (c) (6C:DC) [11:13:07:232]: Back from server. Return value: 1603
MSI (c) (6C:DC) [11:13:07:232]: Decrementing counter to disable shutdown. If counter >= 0, shutdown will be denied. Counter after decrement: -1
MSI (c) (6C:DC) [11:13:07:232]: PROPERTY CHANGE: Deleting SECONDSEQUENCE property. Its current value is '1'.
Action ended 11:13:07: ExecuteAction. Return value 3.
MSI (c) (6C:DC) [11:13:07:232]: Doing action: Fatal_Error
Action 11:13:07: Fatal_Error.
Action start 11:13:07: Fatal_Error.
Action 11:13:07: Fatal_Error. Dialog created

It's not a cracked version or something, just the trial version from the official site. Anybody got a clue?
Attached images
weird.JPG
Hey, can somebody render this fz50 gtr skin please. Ive posted the skin as 2048 x 2048 for quality. Thanks.
Also if someone is willing can it
1. Be 1024 x 768 render
2. Side by side view front and back (see attachments of cmx fotoshop thing i did of another skin to see have the rough idea of what i mean.)
Thanks again.
Attached images
FZR_G&W RAN copy.jpg
FZRMGGREEN.jpg
Great idea to show example render with CMX - sometimes I wish more people would do that

Anyway, I had a fiddle and came up with this. Didn't use HDRi reflections as they made the glass look funny, and the wheels were as close as I could get to the ones in your screenshot without spending a vast amount of time (read: I did it in a few seconds :shy.

Oh, and I did it the size you asked for too

Edit: Updated with Dunlop sidewall texture.
Attached images
greboth.jpg
Quote from joen :Ok that's quite fast. I did some experimenting with Lightwave3D in the past and doing renders with that would take up so much time.

Do you mean the renders themself? Or setting it up?

My latest renders (1360x1024) took about 6 minutes each to render. The new lightwave render core is very, very fast.

This is an example of some that took 6 and a half minutes:

http://www.austraracing.com/sh ... %20Stuff/Bigger%20one.jpg
http://www.austraracing.com/sh ... s%20Stuff/Ricer%20FXR.jpg
http://www.austraracing.com/sh ... hteous%20Stuff/Notbad.jpg

But if you just want simple scenes to set up and dont really want to learn anything, then the ds auto scenes and 3dmax are the way to go.

But if you have lightwave, I can send you the models that I have setup, as well as some pre set scenes I have designed.
Can someone render my XRR?
Attached images
XRR_Template.jpg
please?
Attached images
XRT_TS3-CAMO-B.jpg
Quote from tristancliffe :so now's your chance to tell me what you don't like about it

The michelin / dunlop is the only thign which you know of. Looks great thanks
Made a Dunlop texture (quite quickly) and redone it. Updated the pic above. Hope you like it.
Quote from tristancliffe :Made a Dunlop texture (quite quickly) and redone it. Updated the pic above. Hope you like it.

Thanks tristan, even if was only a quick job looks good to me
The new Team RAC for the ALL MHR series.
Attached images
RAC-AR.jpg
Quote from Righteous :The new Team RAC for the ALL MHR series.

Fantastic!!!

Edit

If you are using 3dsMax is it possible to create a fully rendered video going around the car, with lights on etc?
Im not using 3d max, im using lightwave. But yes, absolutely. Everything you see there is done with ligtwave, no post effects. So it can all be made into fully moving video.

I have done one for the team LX6.

I also realise this is in the wrong spot. Sorrry, meant to be in the 3d renders section

I did up a low quality render of rac. Its only short, but it proves the point

DL it here. http://www.austraracing.com/sh ... eos/Small%20RAC%20vid.wmv
Quote from Righteous :The new Team RAC for the ALL MHR series.

The normals of the headlights seem to be broken.
Quote from Righteous :

Do you mean the renders themself? Or setting it up?

My latest renders (1360x1024) took about 6 minutes each to render. The new lightwave render core is very, very fast.

This is an example of some that took 6 and a half minutes:

http://www.austraracing.com/sh ... %20Stuff/Bigger%20one.jpg
http://www.austraracing.com/sh ... s%20Stuff/Ricer%20FXR.jpg
http://www.austraracing.com/sh ... hteous%20Stuff/Notbad.jpg

But if you just want simple scenes to set up and dont really want to learn anything, then the ds auto scenes and 3dmax are the way to go.

But if you have lightwave, I can send you the models that I have setup, as well as some pre set scenes I have designed.

I meant the rendering itself mostly. It takes alot less time then I thought it would.
I have to say, the only experience I have with Lightwave (or any 3D program for that matter) is following some simple tutorials so I can't do much i'm afraid
I would like to learn, but I feel quite overwhelmed when I fire up Lightwave

But I would like to take a look at the models so if you could send them that would be great. Not sure if i'll be able to get anything good out of it though. If you know some sites that would be helpfull please let me know.

I saw those renders you posted in the other thread, they look absolutely stunning
Quote from SladiVadi :The normals of the headlights seem to be broken.

Im not sure what that means?
I have done my own animation in 3DS, but it's highlighted a major problem with my windows - they ahve very apparent triangles in them. It's not smoothing groups (as they were default, and I have since tried several combinations), and it doesn't appear to be any option in materials or render rollout that I can find.

Can anyone suggest something that might cause it. Anyway, here it is:
Attached files
render.zip - 1.5 MB - 183 views
Quote from Righteous :Im not sure what that means?

Look at the lightning around the headlights. There should be some function in Lightwave which fixes that.

Render My Skin
(9831 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG