The online racing simulator
....He has s2, yes, but when opening lfs tune it says he need s2...
hmm, IDK then...maybe check to make sure that it's unlocked?
not sure if this is a bug or i am stupid, but i've changed some of the cars now and tried out several things. then i switch to the FO8 just to see what specs it has, and what do i see: FO8 with 1466HP. how is this possible? when i select the FO8, lfs-tune shows: "car is not supported" message... but in the game the FO8 is now a monster

the funny thing is: when i switch on the driver in the setup screen, i have only 973 HP
i have the same issue with the error "you need to unlock life for speed 2 use this tool" when my lfs is in english and is unlocked
I tried LFS Tune It works for me but can i put Slicks on the car becous it is sliding all the time Why i select the Inline 6 on the XRT and it sounds again like a 2.0 litre 4 inline
Can you make the Rims editing to work :P
Quote from moskvich3v1 :I tried LFS Tune It works for me but can i put Slicks on the car becous it is sliding all the time Why i select the Inline 6 on the XRT and it sounds again like a 2.0 litre 4 inline
Can you make the Rims editing to work :P

Listen... XRT IS NOT SUPPORTED YET!

NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT!

N-O-T

ONLY XFG AND XRG.
XRT works for me
Bad news for you: I will quit!

Yes you have read it right and you will probably think now why does everyone quit who makes some LFS-Tweak tool? The answer is easy, if you do something like this and you keep forced to update it and fix errors its more annoying than fun. And i have lots of trouble with real life right now, i was jailed for 1 day and i will probably see the jail again due the fact they want me inside.

I might leave the source code before i finally leave this community, so if you feel like updating it you can do it.
Quote from ciph :Bad news for you: I will quit!

Uh well your right about that, it really is bad news...you were jailed? Im just curious.
Sorry to here you have been jailed (although I must presume it wasn't unjust?), what with you having lost your job recently too.

If you are to release your source to other developers, I would advise against doing so publically. The last thing we need is the licence checking system exposed to tech savvy demo racers.
Thanks for your hard work ciph. Some of us appreciate it!

Best wishes for the future!
Thank you for your useful application! And good luck with your problems!
Quote from Bob Smith :If you are to release your source to other developers, I would advise against doing so publically. The last thing we need is the licence checking system exposed to tech savvy demo racers.

I both agree and disagree whit you. I think the source code shall be released, but i also understand why you don't want to.
Here is two ways it might been done painless:

1. In the next version, add some kind of debugmode or somthing so the player by himself can tweak the car.
2. Make it possible for the demoracers to use the tweakprogram to. But only whit the democars. And we paying users would have the tweak for all the cars.
Sry to see you go mate you worked really hard on this program and what i say FIGHT THE POWA!! lol
Quote from ciph :Bad news for you: I will quit!

Yes you have read it right and you will probably think now why does everyone quit who makes some LFS-Tweak tool? The answer is easy, if you do something like this and you keep forced to update it and fix errors its more annoying than fun. And i have lots of trouble with real life right now, i was jailed for 1 day and i will probably see the jail again due the fact they want me inside.

I might leave the source code before i finally leave this community, so if you feel like updating it you can do it.

Sorry to hear about your prison time. Hope everything works out well. Even if it doesn't make any difference, please ignore those that can't get it working. Its their problem if they can't figure it out, you have made it clear in numerous posts how this program is made to work. You, and numerous others have also posted to help some of these people out, but they can't figure it out.

You did very well, better than anyone so far, considering the obstacles. Make it fun for yourself, don't listen to the demands of others whom you don't even know. A lot of the people here are kids that can't appreciate something for what it is, so simply ignore them.

I have Vista x64 and I got the tweak to work every time it was released, its great! Until someone else does better than you, they have no argument. Sure there are some missing features, but this isn't an early S1 patch, things have obviously become more difficult to tweak.

Figure out your personal developments, then get back on here one way or another. If you don't want to work on the tweak program anymore, at least be part of the community. If you do decide to work on it further, simply block anyone who gives you anything but praise. Just make sure when people ask for new features that you realize they're not saying you've done a bad job, they are just giving you ideas on how to make the program better.

Either way, job well done! Hope everything works out!

PS: Ciph, look how popular this program has been. Its on page 23, with almost as many views as the stickied add-on database at the topic of the sub forum.
Quote from Trance_Nation :2. Make it possible for the demoracers to use the tweakprogram to. But only whit the democars. And we paying users would have the tweak for all the cars.

What car you are editing is irrelevant. Once 'completed', a tweak program can edit every variable about a car, so whatever car you start from has no influence on what you can make. Also, the devs will never allow a program to be released here that gives more content to demo users, and have requested such programs have licence checking too.

Quote from Trance_Nation :I both agree and disagree whit you. I think the source code shall be released, but i also understand why you don't want to.

Actually the easiest way is probably just to strip the code of the licence checking function before release.
Quote from Bob Smith :What car you are editing is irrelevant. Once 'completed', a tweak program can edit every variable about a car, so whatever car you start from has no influence on what you can make. Also, the devs will never allow a program to be released here that gives more content to demo users, and have requested such programs have licence checking too.

Actually the easiest way is probably just to strip the code of the licence checking function before release.

Come on man. If you got that tweak you can edit every valuables. You must release it! With modified 3d models (car) that would be the future of Live For Speed. Think about it.
It's been thought about and it's not going to happen.
#669 - Rob
Quote from Bob Smith :Sorry to here you have been jailed (although I must presume it wasn't unjust?), what with you having lost your job recently too.

If you are to release your source to other developers, I would advise against doing so publically. The last thing we need is the licence checking system exposed to tech savvy demo racers.

But it would be nice to get a good application for real players who fancy playing around with the cars, so don't hide the code completely from everyone!

Reminds me of the catholic church in the middle ages, exactly the same thing happened back then... Don't let the peasants read the bible, we'll keep it in latin and read it to them... just the same as don't let the normal people adjust the stats of their cars in LFS, we'll release a tool with preset adjustments for them to use...

Rob.
Apples and oranges, there..
Quote from ponttooni :Come on man. If you got that tweak you can edit every valuables. You must release it!

Well, if exists then you can edit it. I mean, it's not like there's anything stopping you.
Releasing a do-everything tweaking tool could be disatrous for LFS. maybee in the future we could have 'custom' cars with some kind of scrutineer for online use. but ATM that's just a pipe dream.

And it's very important to keep this to licenced racers only, you get enough of a game for free anyway, why should you get any more? If you could tweak your way to a GTR why would you want to buy one for £24?
Thanks to ciph for creating Lfs Tune! I have lot of fun tweaking the cars.
I hope you come with a later version.
Ciph really thanks!u did a grea job,i m with Dethred and all he said!!

hope the jail thing end soon!

best wishes to you!!!!

your help-work is appreciated by many many in here!
Thanks mate!
This thread is closed

LFS-Tune v2 Beta (Patch Y) - CANCELLED
(820 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG