The online racing simulator
Rawr
RAWR:bananadeanow i cant drive in LFS, its like the gears are shot, i shift gears and i go nowhere, even when its not on
hmm its kinda impossible to know which ones to put up and down... kinda dissapointing, but good work you just need to give us what each rim option does lol
:(
mine says Invalid Live For Speed Version Patch '0' is Required???
So what's this program supposed to do aside from only being able to add a million bhp? I can't make a V8 in any of the cars at all. It doesn't carry over to the LX cars or anything like at one point in these posts someone said it did. Am I missing something here? Am I not using this right?

Would love to make a Judd V8 in the XRT
Quote from JonhyBRA :i think everybody can wait you deserve some rest =D

thanks a lot for this release! you are doing a great work

+1
How come i can't use it? i put Comdlg32.ocx in system32 and packed up the files to the desktop but it still says Comdlg32.ocx is missing!

(Vista home premium)
Make sure you guys have the tweak folder in the same folder as LFS for the 380 error. Also make sure you have the comdlg32.ocx and settings file in the same folder as the tweak.

If you are still getting the errors try loading up a different car. The GTi causes the 380 error every time I switch to that car.

Also, I am not getting the option for engine size. Engine config doesn't work, Rim editor is grayed out too. Half the time I change cars it says the program requires Patch Y (I'm using english setup) and when I change back to the XRT it says the same.
XRGT is the only car that works with all the settings now.
Quote from K. Tsuchiya :So what's this program supposed to do aside from only being able to add a million bhp? I can't make a V8 in any of the cars at all. It doesn't carry over to the LX cars or anything like at one point in these posts someone said it did. Am I missing something here? Am I not using this right?

Would love to make a Judd V8 in the XRT

Well, it should be able to do lot of stuff, but it seems pressure made him release it without too trough testing and there seem to be more than 1 bug, so at it's current state you can't do a lot, however he wrote earlier there that tomorrow he works some fix.

Now it is bit like TDU, basics are rather promising, but bugs are killing the fun
Most of the problems are due to incorrect memory addresses in the INI file. I've been playing for the last few hours and can't make too much progress. most of these problems could be solved with a little help from somebody who knew the correct memory values or at least a better way of finding them.

The program itself seems pretty good other than that.

Lol!
Attached images
bigwheels.jpg
Hope some values for the GTR class come soon.
Quote from Panda X :Hope some values for the GTR class come soon.

thats what i was hopping for
Jesus, i feel pretty disappointed in here..

The Memory addresses aint wrong the most are missing due "PROBABLY" protected memory. Since the XRT is no longer a demo car its counting on the protected memory which makes only the car class editable, XRG was the only car so far i was able to find unknown values and yea i worked pretty in rush due something called "real life?" yeh. Since i have nothing to do tomorrow i will fix some bugs and try to figure out whats wrong about the 320 error, i also have here alot of other new addresses for the wheels which makes the Rim Editor a bit bigger.

And to those people who always say "Ah this cant be that hard" how about pickup any Memory Editor/Debugger/Disassembler of your choice and start to do something instead making all stuff bad? Its not that easy to find out what value is meant for what. Since i have big programming expierence i know what im talking about, i was working for serval companys as a developer.

And to the rest who appricate my work i would like to thank them.
I appreciate it and when i get round to learning c++ or c# (i can do vb6 but am rubbish)
i will help
I thought we can change tire height and tire width and tyre type, like slicks etc.
But instead i find some wierd rim editing stuff? It messed car up.
Quote from ciph :Jesus, i feel pretty disappointed in here..

The Memory addresses aint wrong the most are missing due "PROBABLY" protected memory. Since the XRT is no longer a demo car its counting on the protected memory which makes only the car class editable, XRG was the only car so far i was able to find unknown values and yea i worked pretty in rush due something called "real life?" yeh. Since i have nothing to do tomorrow i will fix some bugs and try to figure out whats wrong about the 320 error, i also have here alot of other new addresses for the wheels which makes the Rim Editor a bit bigger.

And to those people who always say "Ah this cant be that hard" how about pickup any Memory Editor/Debugger/Disassembler of your choice and start to do something instead making all stuff bad? Its not that easy to find out what value is meant for what. Since i have big programming expierence i know what im talking about, i was working for serval companys as a developer.

You are doing an amazing job. For those that are complaining, ignore them. Keep up the good work! You are my LFS hero!
Very good job despite the bugs. You got a really good work basis so far! Keep up, we're with you!
mine says Live For Speed Version Patch '0' Needed or Something...
I'm sure everyone is appreciating your work, I am at least

But also some comments are voicing disappointed minds, this happens quite easily when made promise is not possible to keep, what ever reason.

That is just one not so nice side effect when you release something, also you will find there are going to be people that are completely against what you do, but that is something nobody can't do anything about.

There will be also need for more type of posts coming and such, one have to just accept such and mostly ignore them, checking if there is valuable is of course always a good idea.

Look what people did post to patch Y release thread for example, there were not very nice comments among them.

Also I have found it does not matter if released software is free, same thing happens (demo users complaining for example).

But appreciate always every comment, specially negative criticism has lot to offer when looking development of software, it is bit same how mistakes teach so much more than successes.

Just my .02c which you are free to ignore
It's probably best to take any critical comments as a compliment. you'd soon go mad if you didn't!
Quote from ciph :Jesus, i feel pretty disappointed in here..

bitte versteh das nich falsch
ich dank dir für die arbeit die du in das programm steckst und es is auch echt klasse
aber persönlich finde ich eigentlich, das man vielleicht erstmal die hauptfunktionen wie zylinder anzahl, hubraum etc. zum laufen bringen solltest, bevor du mit neuen werten für felgen/reifen anfängst

und lass dich nich hetzen, mach ein release wenn das programm zum großteil "bugfree" ist auch wenns vielleicht ein paar wochen dauert
Quote from Eleanor SpeedGT :I thought we can change tire height and tire width and tyre type, like slicks etc.
But instead i find some wierd rim editing stuff? It messed car up.

Yes I thought too. I'm very disappointed. I hope Bobs tweak will be ready in this month.
All that needs to be added are tire size, gear #, engine location, and some debugging, and it'll be as good as the old tweak program.

I think we should all be thankful that we're getting incremental releases to keep us occupied.
Works fine for me

In rim editor, I've found number 14 is the rim length, but is there any one for tyre length? I want to make huge wide drag tyres
This thread is closed

LFS-Tune v2 Beta (Patch Y) - CANCELLED
(820 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG