The online racing simulator
Quote from JTbo :Unrealistic tweaks become popular -> opinions against modding increases -> no better tweak program is released -> no modding possibility after S3, actions have consequences and some may have consequences that show up later in time.

No, kids with their 2,3 billion hp mods will be ignored, Benbob the mod will release his ultimate tweak, serious people have serious fun and all is well.

Not saying this isn't very nice, it just needs to get some more values.
Quote from Blackout :No, kids with their 2,3 billion hp mods will be ignored, Benbob the mod will release his ultimate tweak, serious people have serious fun and all is well.

Not saying this isn't very nice, it just needs to get some more values.

I doubt that they will be ignored, it clearly shows how uncontrolled modding will never do.

In editor engine should have physical size and limit of space it sits in, conrods and pistons should have strength and everything else too, also real world physical limitations should be taken account, then we would have editor that allows only realistic mods to be made and everything is nice and happy.
Of course i'm greatful for that tweaker, but it is not enough to make "real" cars ^^. Personaly i've got other tweak from someone(who is "not welcomed here" O.O, curious why [i don't know "his story"^^]) and it's much more powerfull(although it still cannot change weight destribution and wheel size) and i'm making "real" cars(already made Ford Mustang, Dodge Challenger, Ford Mondeo, Lamborghini Murcielago). Ciph's program simply isn't powerfull enough . Some people do crazy stuff with cars, because there are simply and quicly bored(and because making non-crazy stuff with Ciph's tweak is rather limited[that's my personal opinion ]. One more thing. Why do You all care about guys who make idiotic cars? They use them for personal use(um... right? ^^) and they don't make any harm to the community? Umm... right?

Damn... I'm just waiting for Almighty Bob and His Almighty Tweak .
P.S.: Sry for any mistakes and I will not share that tweak couse it doesn't have license protection(and it might leak to demo users!)!
Quote from JTbo :I doubt that they will be ignored, it clearly shows how uncontrolled modding will never do.

In editor engine should have physical size and limit of space it sits in, conrods and pistons should have strength and everything else too, also real world physical limitations should be taken account, then we would have editor that allows only realistic mods to be made and everything is nice and happy.

People will always try some crazy stuff when given the option to do so. And why is it really bad to let some people do some 1000000000bhp mods? What does it break?

LFS's own model don't have those engine parameters so why should some addon app have the said limits? It is lot of work to disable something that isn't a problem in the first place. Those people will get quickly bored of those megapower tweaks, just like they have got bored in the past.

These LFSTweaks are real great stuff for us power maniacs. Xrt with 600hp is magnificent car to drive! I'm eagerly waiting how those hipower porsches (FZ5 edits) or LX8 edits handle, for me this mod is really godsend. It got me back driving LFS, at least for a while...

LFS doesn't offer any high-power cars atm so the only way to drive them is to use a tweak or wait.

Adding some set limits in these apps will not make any of these tweak mods controlled

EDIT: you use the words "everything" and "happy" in same sentence. fail
Quote from Raaseri :Thats good but I like to change number of cylinders but its not possible with this.

You want In-line 5 too?

AUDI RULE THO, NOT VOLVO!
Quote from Hyperactive :
EDIT: you use the words "everything" and "happy" in same sentence. fail

It is hardly my fault that majority has so limited brains
Quote from JTbo :It is hardly my fault that majority has so limited brains

I think I just lost you totally

(Finally I get to use this spanky smiley: :confused
Quote from Hyperactive :I think I just lost you totally

(Finally I get to use this spanky smiley: :confused

I give you bit over week to think about it, try some weird angles first, then we can get back to it
Quote from JTbo :I doubt that they will be ignored, it clearly shows how uncontrolled modding will never do.

So what if someone is having 12 seconds of silly fun with their unrealistic space orbiting rocket cars? It's completely waste of time to make limitations to the software, that time is better used to make it have more variables and features.

I would rather get my hands on the program that I can make FZ5 to a front or mid engined V12 Ferrari, or make a LX8 than have some stupid limitations. When LFS simulates engines in a better way the ridiculous forces will do their job themself.
"Live for speed"
Quote from Hyperactive : I'm eagerly waiting how those hipower porsches (FZ5 edits) or LX8 edits handle, for me this mod is really godsend. It got me back driving LFS, at least for a while...

The FZ5 can cope with 1000 HP on its standard tires. Pretty impressive.
There's something about the rush of those speeds that beats normal track racing... Maybe I'm biased because I'm more into flight sims, but a salt flats sort of track would be great in addition to a Tweak program. With a proper aerodynamics and mechanical stress model, we could have a top speed competition like in reality - no unrealistic boost or engine displacement or "General HP" settings. Best design wins
Quote from Breizh :The FZ5 can cope with 1000 HP on its standard tires. Pretty impressive.
There's something about the rush of those speeds that beats normal track racing... Maybe I'm biased because I'm more into flight sims, but a salt flats sort of track would be great in addition to a Tweak program. With a proper aerodynamics and mechanical stress model, we could have a top speed competition like in reality - no unrealistic boost or engine displacement or "General HP" settings. Best design wins

The engineering contest certainly has its own appeal but from purely driver's point of view the high speed run, especially on a computer game loses a lot of it's adrenalin rush. But from engineering point of view the scenario of max speed vs. well chosen boundaries and realism limited possibilities is something every gearhead would like to try one day

I'm not really about the high speeds, it is the 400 to 800hp range where teh sweet spot is for me with the road cars. Sick fast but still controllable and fun to drive hard. After 800hp it is all about controlling an explosion. The explosion is nice too but lacks a lot of usability

Lot's of parameters still to be found, but it is all about time, it's all there waiting
My XFG has a turbo

Edit : So does the FBM
Attached images
Mine has a turbo.JPG
My fbm has a turbo too.JPG
would be fun to drag against us, in some "tweaked" server
alright lads. ive downloaded lfstune and the OCX file. ive made a new LFS folder and put the tune and OCX file into the LFS folder. ive been trying for 10 or so minutes to get it working, but all i get is "invalid live for speed version, patch "0" is required." ive read through every reply of this thread and i still cant get it working. anyone have any ideas? cheers
Perhaps you should put it in your LFS folder, instead of a seperate one.
no, i basically copied and pasted, so i have 2 LFS folders. one just has the tune and OCX file in
Quote from JTbo :Unrealistic tweaks become popular -> opinions against modding increases -> no better tweak program is released -> no modding possibility after S3, actions have consequences and some may have consequences that show up later in time.

uh im sure you know that these unlimited tweaks have been around since the dawn of times so non of that has happenend and most likely none of that will ever happen
and who are you to tell people that they should not enjoy tweaking the way theyd like to ?

Yes i found many new values

Wheels, Engine, Cylinders, Turbo, Turbo Max. many more..

Edit: JTBo if you dont like Tweaks then gtfo and dont post in my Thread, if you like realistic driving get a driver license and good bye
nvm, i got it
Quote from ciph :

Are you updating the tool?
Quote from ciph :

Edit: JTBo if you dont like Tweaks then gtfo and dont post in my Thread, if you like realistic driving get a driver license and good bye

awesome, can't wait
Quote from ciph :

As much as i like JTBo, that was... well.. it was ownage, GO CIPH GO
It works for me now yay
Can't wait for the update!
do i see bigger tires?? i hope so
This thread is closed

LFS-Tune v2 Beta (Patch Y) - CANCELLED
(820 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG