The online racing simulator
Cool. Finally new patch, merry x-mas guys and buying license for xmas
Quote from Lhunathwen :...

Sorry, but do you think LFS development should stop just because you don't have enough time to play it and be competitive? What kind of egoistical thinking is that?
Quote from Ssr_Nick :will do.. but ill enjoy not going over a second slower..

I mean seen as we FUND this game they should atleast let us know of changes before hand and have a vote of what to do and what not to do..

and blackwood is now SHIT!!

Because it's different? Because you got a little slower? EVERYONE got slower. Stop your bitching, LFS is going towards REALISM, and Blackwood is a bit more technical. Brain can't handle the challenge of something new? Too bad.
Thanks Scavier, and Merry Christmas. Don't work too hard next week.
Awesome! Thanks guys! Happy Holidays!

Quote from h3adbang3r :Because it's different? Because you got a little slower? EVERYONE got slower. Stop your bitching, LFS is going towards REALISM, and Blackwood is a bit more technical. Brain can't handle the challenge of something new? Too bad.

They should ask before just changing everything..

Go eat something with cheese in
very nice to see the finished patch great as usual, merry christmas everyone!
Thanks.
Thanks for this patch Scavier. All have a great Christmas and a happy new year. Thanks for all the hard work that has been done now and will be done in the future. LFS is a great simulation and will get better with every update to come. Thank you so much for this.
Quote from Ssr_Nick :Ahh shut up you [censored]

They should ask before just changing everything..

Nice edit there... :rolleyes:

What makes you think LFS is a democracy?

Ever read that? http://www.lfs.net/?page=agreement
Quote :1.4 You must be aware that we can alter any aspect of LFS as we see fit. Improvements, fixes and/or changes made to the game, are to be expected.

Quote from Ssr_Nick :They should ask before just changing everything..

They did. The test patch was up for weeks.

Grow up and drop the petty insults.

Merry Christmas everyone and thank you devs!
Quote from AndroidXP :Sorry, but do you think LFS development should stop just because you don't have enough time to play it and be competitive? What kind of egoistical thinking is that?

What's the big point in development making tires heat that much? Or making shifting that... wired? It doesn't react, it suddenly looses all power just at the shifting point it won't shift down ect. whatever the logic is behind making control so much more complicated. Why not making a new track, what is the big develpoment in making people slower? Sure it's the same for everyone so there is no difference in theory, but knowing how much work you put in to be able to take this and that corner so fast (which gives you the thrill) and now seeing how lame it became now just drains all the fun.
And I think this actually is a matter of fun.
I like improvements in the physics, that's always what I tell others of LFS, but I don't understand such a bunch of senseless cutting down racers and making controls so wired.
Quote from AndroidXP :Nice edit there... :rolleyes:

What makes you think LFS is a democracy?

Ever read that? http://www.lfs.net/?page=agreement

They say making improvments... to me they have made it worse.. HOW GAY!!..

and I will nto be told to grow up by a yank.. every American (even thought your all immigrants) is beneath me.. Im ENGLISH!!.. so you must bow down to me
Quote from Ssr_Nick :will do.. but ill enjoy not going over a second slower..

I mean seen as we FUND this game they should atleast let us know of changes before hand and have a vote of what to do and what not to do..

and blackwood is now SHIT!!

Quote from LFS end-user license agreement :
1.4You must be aware that we can alter any aspect of LFS as we see fit. Improvements, fixes and/or changes made to the game, are to be expected.

Goodbye.
Quote from Ssr_Nick :...I'm an idiot...

Bravo.
Quote from Lhunathwen :What's the big point in development making tires heat that much? Or making shifting that... wired? It doesn't react, it suddenly looses all power just at the shifting point it won't shift down ect....

- the tires got changed so they heat up more, right. adapt your setup (mostly driving the harder tire with same or a tad lower pressure is enough)

- if the shifting doesn't react on upshift (i guess thats in the fbm or mrt then) you need to load your gearbox before shifting, what you do is hit your gear up button, keep pressing it, go a bit of the throttle and your gear will kick in

- the redlines got changed to more realistic values, again adapt your setup (the gearing in that case) and you will be fine.

- if you can't downshift you do something wrong. is that in some of the formula cars? if yes, you need to blip the throttle when downshifting.
Thanks, devs ... and happy holidays!
Quote from srdsprinter :Im a big fat American immigrant.. I must bow down to the ENGLISH because they are a far superior race.

Thanks so much for the hard work devs! Oh and ssr_nick is a trol, please stop feeding into his bs comments. He's doing it to get a rise out of everyone.
Quote from Ssr_Nick :They say making improvments... to me they have made it worse.. HOW GAY!!..

and I will nto be told to grow up by a yank.. every American (even thought your all immigrants) is beneath me.. Im ENGLISH!!.. so you must bow down to me

And of course you just HAD to bring nationality into the picture . The fact is, you are one of the very few people that are dissapointed with the new patch.
Ssr_Nick, this kind of ranting is doing you no favours, and it makes baby Jesus cry. No really, it does.

I heartily recommend participating in the test programme in future, if the development path of LFS is so pivotal to your happiness. While LFS is not a democracy, and neither should it be, you would at least have the opportunity to pitch your views before changes were committed to a full patch release
Ok I am a little upset with the new patch Y. Don't get me wrong all the updates are amazing and everything else but, after I updated I went on to play and realized that ALL my setups are gone. I still have everything else such as skins, engine sounds, etc. but, all of my setups are gone. I'm a drifter in the game and had many many setups for almost every car and now I have to restart. I know some people are going to say suck it up and make them again, but it's not as easy as it sounds. Anyone else upset about this problem?
Thanks you LFS devs. You continue to make me smile every time I read a change log and try the latest patch. I had my £24's worth of entertainment from LFS many patches ago, so all this additional awesomeness I wasn't expecting is certainly welcome. Please keep your vision pure, and for the love of cheese, step away from your PCs for some time off
:feedtroll
That is all I'm saying for now
Quote from FQ400 :Ok I am a little upset with the new patch Y. Don't get me wrong all the updates are amazing and everything else but, after I updated I went on to play and realized that ALL my setups are gone. I still have everything else such as skins, engine sounds, etc. but, all of my setups are gone. I'm a drifter in the game and had many many setups for almost every car and now I have to restart. I know some people are going to say suck it up and make them again, but it's not as easy as it sounds. Anyone else upset about this problem?

Your setups have not been removed, just moved and renamed.
Take a look here: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=34784

Patch Y - Formula BMW / Track Updates / AI / Physics
(544 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG