no take off is XRT in demo pliz

cars demo
XRT, XRG , XFG , FMB
XRt in demo pliz pliz pliz
This big numbers on speedo in km/h in FZ50 looks awful
I liked better the previus one
Quote from Simpson :This big numbers on speedo in km/h in FZ50 looks awful
I liked better the previus one

True i want option in menu to change it to old speedo and meybe do this white box near 80 to red color ?
Don't listen to all the complaints about the speedo, I love it, I agree that it looks awful, but now I can actually see how fast I am going
I believe it's a temporary solution and we are getting some proper analog one's for the next patch, so yea, stop whining..
Quote from Boris Lozac :Great thing about the adjustable sideview! I don't think there should be backwards look, maybe for road cars, but definatelly not for racing cars and Formulas..

If are going that strict 'simulation view' way we could disallow custom view aswell... and no external view at all
Quote from MaxHeadroom :If are going that strict 'simulation view' way we could disallow custom view aswell... and no external view at all

I meant only for the cockpit view off course.. Well i still don't get it how people are not driving this sim "like it should".. and use those floating views, but let's not go there. The point is, you CAN'T turn your head backwards in the Formula and in Racing cars..
Quote from Boris Lozac :I meant only for the cockpit view off course.. Well i still don't get it how people are not driving this sim "like it should".. and use those floating views, but let's not go there. The point is, you CAN'T turn your head backwards in the Formula and in Racing cars..

Yet a big giant Mirror doesnt appear on your helmet either!

The most realistic of the 2 (virtual mirror, or look behind) is without a doubt the look behind.

Personaly the standard mirrors do me fine...
Quote from farcar :Jeez, coz it's so much effort to do that single mouse click, once, and only after you install a patch...

I really can't undestand all the nitpicking. We should all let Scawen concentrate on the big things.

haha it is effort actually if you knew the whole story, If I turn it off 1 time, it should always be off.. but im not getting into it lol I don't know why its always on though?
Thx, Scavier, for your patience and hard work

Quote from Scawen :

Views :

One button look is now adjustable from 30 to 90 degrees

And this specially :headbang:
Quote from steve :I don't know why its always on though?

Probably so that people can see their firewalls warning when LFS is accessing the internet.
Quote from Scawen :I've saved the icon you linked to and will compile it into the next patch.

While you're at it you may want to use an icon for the LFS window as well
Attached images
LFSicons.png
No X33 patch for the dedicated server then?

I take it the hosts that show up as X33 are those using the ingame server?
Scawen said there's really no need to update the dedi server, as he's only making client-side changes/bug fixes. The only update in the dedi at this point would be the version string, and he's only doing it to please the ocd-people around here.
Fair enough, keep up the good work ...
Quote from al heeley :1)
3) Slower AI need to sense when they're being blue-flagged and not stick to the racing line so the faster car can overtake and lap them easier.

I found they kind of obey a blue flag, if the speed is drastically different. For example, out of boredom I put 12 FBM AI's and one UF1 on Blackwood; the UF1 would move over at the very last possible moment, kind of a "oh sh*t!" maneuver.
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Yet a big giant Mirror doesnt appear on your helmet either!

The most realistic of the 2 (virtual mirror, or look behind) is without a doubt the look behind.

Personaly the standard mirrors do me fine...

agree, should be up to personal taste...

Quote from Boris Lozac :I meant only for the cockpit view off course.. Well i still don't get it how people are not driving this sim "like it should".. and use those floating views, but let's not go there. The point is, you CAN'T turn your head backwards in the Formula and in Racing cars..

The personal taste is the best, because its personal!

About that reality: it would neither be possible to have a chase view, top down view, nor TV-view while racing, neither possible spectate others in real time. Virtual gauges and mirrors are ofc also a close to impossible thing to have... If i hade my own GTR car i'd also decide *myself* whether i'd had a H-shift or sequential. Also in IRL we feel feel g-forces in corners, brakes etc aswell as we got a wider look/perspective than what we get from our monitors. And we die if we crash har enough.

Its impossible to have it like IRL without being IRL. Not being able to look back in custom view is just stupid, in cruise servers it quite needed by cops to look around easily.

Personally i'd *REALLY* like some kind of 'real sim' (or as Boris said, 'like it should be') server setting, where racing participant only can use incar view. Only then you know that everyone are using the same view and have same (dis)advantages.

Again, to only stripe down this one *single* thing is just... stupid. Doesnt even out anything, just annoying for the ones that use it.
Quote from MaxHeadroom :Personally i'd *REALLY* like some kind of 'real sim' (or as Boris said, 'like it should be') server setting, where racing participant only can use incar view. Only then you know that everyone are using the same view and have same (dis)advantages.

That is already possible, there is a "Force cockpit view" option for server admins.
good news on the speedo. all I need is to know where 80kmh is and then the faster speeds don't matter . I also like the look left and right thing fixed too.
I think he (MaxH) and some others are just trying to say that maybe we could have limited viewing angles in Cockpit view only and the custom view allows us to look back as before in all cars. Then if people want to race against people with the same limited vision disadvantage then the FCV server's can accomodate that. It's almost like we are heading that way, well I hope so anyway, 'cause at the moment we can have people in chase view racing against people with limited views.

If this happens then possibly eveyone is happy, Both the "Hard Core" and "The Leisure racers/cruisers/drifters/draggers/police/robbers etc"

I hope I'm not sounding too ungrateful, I love LFS and would have paid tripple for what I have so far got out of it. Even learning the new clutch has been nicely frustrating, (like a new game level :schwitz
This thread is closed

TEST Patch X30 (to X38)
(1444 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG