The online racing simulator
The place is pretty odd. It's just there in the middle of nothing.
I suspect it will be used for flags. There's another one like that by the second-third sector split.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :However, I've been using clutch shifts to improve my consistency, so I don't miss every shift in 4th - 6th.

if you use the technique scawen talked about youll never miss any shifts
just press the shift up button when you get close to your shiftpoint
then you just lift at the right moment and put the pedal down again as soon as youve heard the shift
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I actually think that the FBM might become a car I like, just because I usually hate openwheelers, but this one seems to be... more predictable like a road car.

Me too! Earlier in this thread I said I hated open wheelers and I'd probably hate the car. Done a few races with it just now, and it was so easy to drive, and as someone else completed me: and easy to push hard too.
And this only with the default set! But I do think it seems to have a bit too much grip indeed, you can just push it and push it hard, until it snaps and you can't do very much any more. Although I saved a really nasty slide two races ago, I was so proud
It's certainly fairly easy to push hard. For me the difficulty is that it's too easy to over drive it a bit.
I think it's a nice car, although a bit too phenomenal on the brakes from not very high top speeds to make for many passing opportunities because the braking zones are so small - less than 50 metres into t1 at chicane-route. You basically have to be well alongside before anyone touches the pedal into all but the slowest corners. Thankfully there isn't too much of a dirty-air problem with it so staying close behind through the corners is quite easy, so you can get a tow quite easily - the flip side is that speeds are low so the tow isn't all that much of a help unless you're the perfect distance behind.

Finally, sideways visibility is an issue in these cars in real life, as we're all aware. Regardless of how much better spatial awareness is IRL, or whether it's really necessary to replicate this problem caused purely by safety features built into the cars, people are going to have to adjust the way they attack another car for position. There can be no half-hearted, just stick my nose in and complain when he turns in because he doesn't see me, moves. You've either got to go for it and present yourself significantly alongside or stay back.
Shot, I tried that, but still suck at it, I'll learn, but for now, in races, doing it the easy way is good.
well..
its all soo good, the FBM, the SO and BL..
BUT...
i think the road tires are getting HOT too faster, u know..
i usually drifts, and in X10 i was doing 5~6 laps with Road Super and now, 3 tires arent easy!

racing too, XRT driving correctly, without drift or something else, the tires get "hard" in 3~4 laps at Westhill!

isnt just me, an friend of mine talkd 'bout with me..

i think its should be fixed in Y...

sorry for my bad english..

Cheers and merry christmas!
Why "fix" something that isn't broken?
sigh

Reading the forum the last 24 hrs is like a nightmare that won't end, and yet here I am.

So much whining to read, so little time.

On the whole, this is an excellent patch, and means I have to drive less like a ninny - and that's good.

To anyone whining about feature and/or modification X: perhaps do the 3 months of research Scawen's been doing before you open your trap.
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :sigh

Reading the forum the last 24 hrs is like a nightmare that won't end, and yet here I am.

On the whole, this is an excellent patch, and means I have to drive less like a ninny - and that's good.

To anyone whining about feature and/or modification X: perhaps do the 3 months of research Scawen's been doing before you open your trap.

I feel your pain. If I hear one more whine about the clutch I'm going to get into my car and just burn the clutch out!!!!
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :sigh

I`ll agree on that.
I agree too, even online. Everyone's complaining about the clutch burning out. I raced a few races and the only time I burned out the clutch, was when somebody told me how to do it while standing still, after the race. I'm not that good, or is my technique so superb I can't manage to burn the clutch out?
And to all people who haven't driven the new car yet... try it offline FIRST and read the CHANGE LOG. Before going online and complaining the car doesn't shift and this and that ...
Quote from sgt.flippy :I agree too, even online. Everyone's complaining about the clutch burning out. I raced a few races and the only time I burned out the clutch, was when somebody told me how to do it while standing still, after the race. I'm not that good, or is my technique so superb I can't manage to burn the clutch out?
And to all people who haven't driven the new car yet... try it offline FIRST and read the CHANGE LOG. Before going online and complaining the car doesn't shift and this and that ...

The problem with the clutch isn't that it burns out while racing, but it burns out way too fast when you abuse it, in a real car you could take off by slipping the clutch even in second gear countless number of times, but in LFS it overheats if you do it just a couple of times
Anyone know a official release date for this patch ?
heh - now that's the question aint it
Quote from 11SuLLy11 :Anyone know a official release date for this patch ?

It entirely depends on how many bugs we find in the test release and how long Scawen needs to fix them. I'm guessing the official release will be on a Friday though, so it's either this or next Friday. Or if something takes unexpectedly long to fix it might even come after Christmas, who knows

(Yes I know Scawen said "before Christmas", but this is software development and if anything should be taken lightly it's release dates)
Sully, how long is a piece of string?

DK
Sorry to dig back a few posts but...

The Demo Drifters really will only need to get S1, only 12 pounds or about $24, as it has all the road cars. Plus it will finally give them other environments than just BW day-after-day-after-day...
or they could get s2 and do asNAT. day-after-day-after-day
And Scawen said he was going to improve the AI awareness of humans this week (although the exact timing will probably vary with bug chasing/fixing).
I would imagine it's going to be a while before we see the official patch, I would be suprised if we see it before Christmas, but that's just my opinion.
Quote from 11SuLLy11 :Depends on the string ?

Thus, when patch Y is released depends on when it is finalized.
Quote from Bob Smith :The demo is supposed to be a representation of the full product. It is now a much better representation while offering no more content.

In that case, they should have dropped the XRG, left the XRGT, kept the GTi, and put in the FB02 also.

That way you get a fuller representation of the game by allowing a slow car, a turbo car, and an open wheeler.

XRGT could of course be replaced by something otherwise like the RB4, but I think the GTT holds to much of that nostalgic demo usage from back in the days.

I just see it pointless to have two cars in the same class on a demo. Never seen that done in a demo before .
I've never seen a demo that gift's a demo user so much content, but there you go, LFS is U.N.I.Q.U.E.
This thread is closed

Soon available : Formula BMW FB02
(1389 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG