The online racing simulator
The F-BMW is an instant favourite in any sim that has them. As others have said, it's the UF1 of open wheelers: drop in and go, keep the momentum to go faster and don't mind the setup much at all.
The Mini has a Mini logo so its not a BMW
What were the lines in the video in South City? (looked like the ideal line with green accelerating and red braking points).
Quote from Mille Sabords :Good news overall, thanks devs!
One little thing lurking in the back of my mind... If I remember correctly at the time of the introduction of the ballast / handicap system plan was to use it as a temporary balancing until next incompatible (physics) patch. Quid es? Anybody risking a guess regarding this controversial topic?

That interests me too
Quote from marzman :What were the lines in the video in South City? (looked like the ideal line with green accelerating and red braking points).

Hopefully nothing more than indication of how the AI drivers will be able to drive.
Probally some AI lines, showing where to brake, accelerate and such. I guess that it eighter is optional to have, or it`s only used in developing when it comes to the AI.

Edit : Damn you Sinbad!
Quote from marzman :What were the lines in the video in South City?

Looks like Kegetys' Ghostcar mod line drawing.
Sadly there was a show racing line translation string that someone mentioned somewhere in the thread.
you saw how many new bumps in city ? nicee...
wow! 15 pages in 2 days! that's a record i think

I think it's great to see new stuff added to LFS, no matter what it is.. it'll only make LFS better.

I can't wait for the release of this patch.. i took some screenies of the car from the video if anyone wants to see it:

Quote from Rocabiliz :wow! 15 pages in 2 days! that's a record i think

2 days? You mean less than 24hours!
Quote from axus :Sadly there was a show racing line translation string that someone mentioned somewhere in the thread.

But, there is also a "racing line display is not available" string, which could suggest it's a server side option for newbies and infants (Leo offline in the LFS babysitter edition). I sure hope so.
Quote from axus :Sadly there was a show racing line translation string that someone mentioned somewhere in the thread.

Oh no, whose bright idea was that? (rhetorical question) Have we checked for steering help, automatic brakes and ghost cars too?
Quote from Rocabiliz :wow! 15 pages in 2 days! that's a record i think

Turn your posts per page up, only 9 here
This is exactly what you could get using the defunct Ghostcar app, when you tuned it correctly (remove car and add this line within the parameters available).
This app was useful for me to understand my mistakes during the replays (back in demo...), so might be a good help in the training sessions for real beginners / hotlapping offline.

Wow posting interrupted by work again... now my reply is way too late, see far above for the question related
Quote from Blackout :What astonishes me is the fact that nobody has make big fuzz about the fact that LFS and the FBMW are going to be featured on TV next year. I don't know what channel is that on, but it's still free air time for LFS!

Just what I was thinking. I had a hunt around earlier, all I could find was this but you need a password to get in:

www.v1championship.com
pw= scawen
but the user name?
Quote from richy :
i have to agree here on that.

You missed my point was that the Formula BMW (a small single seater) or another lower powered car would be a better addition than another high power single seater.

Quote from Dajmin :Bah, you get FWD 3 Series/C-Class too. Maybe not race spec, but definitely standard road-going

I never realised they produced FWD 3 series or C classes
I was waiting long time for these news.
Nice to see Eric and Scawen in real life also Leo

I hope that sound, physic updates will be really so fine as they give imagination to us.

A bit sad that we heard no news about other FWD,RWD,4x4 sedan or coupe cars into LFS. Yes it is sad.

Anyway. Keep waiting for next great LFS update. Patch Y!

Are people going to be disappointed if the "Chicane route" is just Classic, but with a turn off onto the sprint 1 loop after the chicane?
Quote from sinbad :Are people going to be disappointed if the "Chicane route" is just Classic, but with a turn off onto the sprint 1 loop after the chicane?

not me, i guess is going to be fun to try something new
Great news I remember Scawen saying a long time ago that he wanted to get some trackday experience and I think it's great that he's given it a go now, and in a car that's being modeled in LFS, no less! A great experience for him, I'm sure, and also good for the development of LFS
Quote from sinbad :Are people going to be disappointed if the "Chicane route" is just Classic, but with a turn off onto the sprint 1 loop after the chicane?

Not personally as I'm not particularly interested in more route variations, but what we need is some new fresh tarmac to drive on: new environments.

Still looking forward to the refinements to South City and Blackwood though.
This thread is closed

Soon available : Formula BMW FB02
(1389 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG