The online racing simulator
Quote from malinkie :I've also tried the nohup version and other versions of the command throughout this thread... i re-emerged wine last night and now, if i run just 'wineconsole --backend=curses LFS.exe' It dictates that it is trying to open X and that there is no $DISPLAY set.

Check that you're using the correct cfg file (i.e. setup.cfg in your instance) and that it's setup how you expect. Wine should only say that if its trying to open a window iirc

Quote from ViKTOOR-LFS :i have sever bt guest can,t joun in

You have a firewall or home router in the way. You need ensure that the ports you set are open - to do this depends on your firewall software and any router you may have.
Interesting... i went back into my setup.cfg and turned on logging to see if i got any type of decent reply from the server when i started it. The first time i tried to restart it i got the the message that initialization of the socket failed. Oh well. I tried for a second time and then... "ITS ALIVE!"

What is the easiest way to script stopping the server (and the screen for that matter)? I'm not logging the PID number...

Cheers
mal
hey im [RF] Racer if you heard of me i have a server up right now on demo and when i go into it it says cannot connect to guest.... i think i have all the ports right and i have my firewall off can you guys please help me?

btw ill always have server up just in case you wanna check
Hi

I just installed WINE and downloaded the dedicated server from the webpage
Im using debian

I opened setup.cfg and set it to /dedicated=invisible
but im still gettin this error:

Warning: Language 'en_DK' was not recognized, defaulting to 'en_US'.
Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
Make sure that your X server is running and that $DISPLAY is set correctly.

Wine exited with a successful status

im only having 1 / i double checked

help!

edit: read a post above, and enabled logging
im not sure if its running now since im at work and dont have LFS here, but i hope it is when im home and can check it still said some X error but it didnt close down sooo cross fingers
Quote from Carstone :Hi

I just installed WINE and downloaded the dedicated server from the webpage
Im using debian

I opened setup.cfg and set it to /dedicated=invisible
but im still gettin this error:

Warning: Language 'en_DK' was not recognized, defaulting to 'en_US'.

Wine exited with a successful status

im only having 1 / i double checked

help!

edit: read a post above, and enabled logging
im not sure if its running now since im at work and dont have LFS here, but i hope it is when im home and can check it still said some X error but it didnt close down sooo cross fingers

I got the same problem, also with invisible on and the log on.
But it was shown twice because my /carsguest was to high. When i reduced /carsguest to 2, the error only showed once, so maybe there is was some error in your setup.cfg.

But the server works fine (only tested with one ai and me)

Using debian Etch and wine-0.9.25
I've got a Windows 2003 Server. Is there a way to setup the dedicated LFS server to run as a service so that it still runs when I log out?

Thanks a lot!
You could run it under FireDaemon, but theres no facility built into LFS itself.. unless you want to faff with scripts, etc.
- I can only connect to my server by going to Multiplayer>Join Specific Game>local network, but it wont work on the internet tab selection. it wont show up on the master server . I am sure that the only way guests can connect is to go to join specific game>local network> and type in my ip. Please help

-do i need to have DHCP enabled? do i use the dhcp ip for everything that asks for an ip address? if so, how do i enable it?
Hi all

i'm runing a X Dedicated server on a linux box with
- RedHat 9
- 2.4.20-31.9 kernel
- wine 20030618

Everything seems to work fine ... but ... now i'll want to use LFSLapper and i don't know what to do, because LFSLapper require .net-framework and complain for missing dll. If i just copy this dll in the LFS directory, i have a requester saying "bad install of .net-framework"

Runing a dedi server is fine, but tuning it is better.

Does somebody have any experience ?

PS : xcuse my poor english language
You need to use the mono version of LFSLapper. This will natively run under Linux (provided that mono is installed). Do not try to run the windows version of LFSLapper under Wine.

May I suggest that you take it up further with the LFSLapper thread. I'm afraid that I personally dont use it and they have beable to provide more help.
hi...i have the lfs dedicated server..but i don't know how to add admins...in the setup.cfg admin pass i have /admin=pass...but in game when i try to kick anywone it says that i don't have admin rights...what sould i do to be admin on my dedicated server ??? sry for my bad english, i'm from romania....i will be thankfull if you will help me
When you connect into your server, there is a screen where you can put in a password. Put the administrator password in there. You then have administrative rights.
Need Help
TCP socket : bind failed , in LFS, what does that mean cause i can't join my server in start new game screen, any help would be muchly appreciated
Thanks mate, that fixed it...........
no sorry actually it didn't, changed ip to // then setup port 63393 ip ect on router port forwarding but still no go
Quote from bundyroy :no sorry actually it didn't, changed ip to // then setup port 63393 ip ect on router port forwarding but still no go

Do you mean that you're still getting bind errors, or simply that no one can join? Or that you are unable to see it within the server list?
hello i just maked a new server called [DTR] team server
and only i can connect whit the server and play other peopl cant
i have all my virus scanners firewalls enz off i have wireless internet but it dosent have anny password or or ip to go on it everbodey can go on it,i dont know wat to do next my friends cant connect to it here is a pic off didi and that the serv is on! (sorry for large pic)

please people can u help me i need it for my team.

!the server is of now i need to get some sleep!

greets spike
Where it says "Use Master" you have "hidden" selected. That means that it won't show up in the server list.
Set it to "Yes".
Quote from Callous Hooper :Where it says "Use Master" you have "hidden" selected. That means that it won't show up in the server list.
Set it to "Yes".

ik know but becouse i couldent find it i had it on hidden so i could find it. but thats not the problem my friends cant join :S

and if sombodey wants to make a server for me and my friends that would be nice max player need to be 5-7 and i must be called [DTR] team server please sombodey i begg u XD

greets spike
(english is not my langue so il make some faults)
Quote from spikeguns : have wireless internet

You need to forward the ports from your wireless router to the PC running the game.

I will not repeat myself again. Instructions can be found in the first post.
is that the run 'cmd'thing and then 'ipconfig'becouse it not works on my computer
Quote from spikeguns :is that the run 'cmd'thing and then 'ipconfig'becouse it not works on my computer

Only if you're running XP (or NT, 2000, 2003, etc., Vista), and only if you're running DD-WRT. Those are an example for my specific setup. You will see what there is a link at the bottom for looking up your combination of OS and your router.

Here it is again:
http://www.portforward.com/

Guide: Running an LFS Server
(666 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG