The online racing simulator
Hi. I have one problem when i start my dedicated host. Problem is that windows Firewall block server and my friends can't join game. When i turn it off, players can join. I am interesting is there some way to turn on windows firewall and don't block server ?

Also i ready topics in forum about ban players and understand that only demo user can ban player in ip address. I have S2 and i only can ban with username.

But i want to ban player with ip address and for this i need windows firewall (on) and block his ip somehow. Can someone explain how to block player's ip with windows firewall ?
Some cooperation invented a search engine for that, they named it Google.

Why should someone explain systems here while it already is explained perfectly well in various languages on numerous websites.
Quote from cargame.nl :Some cooperation invented a search engine for that, they named it Google.

Why should someone explain systems here while it already is explained perfectly well in various languages on numerous websites.

I don't understand why in this forum so many people think that i am from Mars and i can't use google ? It's because i am for Georgia ? Really ? I asked 2 questions. I don't need systems explain... And before ask here i read all topics about ban with ip address and don't find answer how to do this with windows firewall. Also as i said firewall block my server when it's turn on and can't find any way to start server when it's turn on (not off).
Quote from sti228 :I don't understand why in this forum so many people think that i am from Mars and i can't use google ? It's because i am for Georgia ? Really ? I asked 2 questions. I don't need systems explain... And before ask here i read all topics about ban with ip address and don't find answer how to do this with windows firewall. Also as i said firewall block my server when it's turn on and can't find any way to start server when it's turn on (not off).

Windows 7?

Try this (attachment).
Attached images
lfs.png
Quote from sti228 :I don't understand why in this forum so many people think that i am from Mars and i can't use google ? It's because i am for Georgia ? Really ? I asked 2 questions. I don't need systems explain... And before ask here i read all topics about ban with ip address and don't find answer how to do this with windows firewall. Also as i said firewall block my server when it's turn on and can't find any way to start server when it's turn on (not off).

Nothing to do with Georgia. Didn't even recognized the flag. But indeed... REALLY?

http://www.google.com/search?q ... rogram+firewall+windows+7
http://www.google.com/search?q ... +windows+7+ban+ip+address

You still have no clue reading the first hits/websites?
Quote from felplacerad :Windows 7?

Try this (attachment).

Yes, windows 7. Thank you.

Quote from cargame.nl :Nothing to do with Georgia. Didn't even recognized the flag. But indeed... REALLY?

http://www.google.com/search?q ... rogram+firewall+windows+7
http://www.google.com/search?q ... +windows+7+ban+ip+address

You still have no clue reading the first hits/websites?

Don't recognized flag ? Let me google that for you

I said, i read EVERY topic in this forum (ban with ip address) ! I just don't understand something and for this reason ask here.

Maybe trolling someone it's better to help him ?
-
(McEscher) DELETED by McEscher : lol wut
Quote from McEscher :No crackers here please!

May I ask you why are you quoting replys from september '13?

Its not necessary, neither helpfull.
Quote from Chriship :May I ask you why are you quoting replys from september '13?

Its not necessary, neither helpfull.

I dunno why i posted that (actually because he said "if you use unlocker" suggesting that he does use that).

I confess I'm intrigued - a ban by IP address will fail as soon as the problem person gets a new IP number, which is trivially easy for many people.
Did you reject the idea of simply using a password on your server?
Oyuna Online bağlanamıyorum.
Merhaba.

Ben siteye üye oldum hotmail hesabımdan linkle onayladım ama oyuna giriyorum kullanıcı adını yazıyorum şifreyi yazıyorum olmuyor oyun şifresi ferekli diye birşey çıkıyor yardım edin.
Quote from jocolexxx :Merhaba.

Ben siteye üye oldum hotmail hesabımdan linkle onayladım ama oyuna giriyorum kullanıcı adını yazıyorum şifreyi yazıyorum olmuyor oyun şifresi ferekli diye birşey çıkıyor yardım edin.

Bu deneyin

https://www.lfs.net/?page=loginreset

thats if ive understood you correctly
Guys, help me please.
All the necessary ports on the router (DD-WRT) are open, .exes allowed on the Win7 firewall...

The weird thing is that I used to host servers just fine some time ago.
Had some problems to host other games, opened up the correct ports on the router and they all worked but for LFS something must be missing, I just don't see what!

To Recap things: static IP set on the .cfg file (/ip=mystaticlanip).
Ports 63392 and 29339 open both on UDP and TCP protocols...
Server set to show on master list (/usemaster=yes)
.exes allowed to access the internet on the Win7 Firewall

What else could I be missing?

The server does not show on the master list and I can't access it even from the same machine on which the server is hosted...

When I or anyone try to login the Dcon.exe shows "Guest wants to join" and after a while the client sees "Connect timed out".

If I try to connect it on the same machine via local network using the static LAN ip I get the "ClientConnect: connect failed".

Used a program called "PFPortChecker" to check if the ports are open and both ports are, on both protocols...

This is bugging me a lot.

Don't really know what to do. Any help would be pretty welcome.
Thanks.
:/
Heya,

I've port forwarded correctly, allowed D_CONS2 through Windows Firewall, but still, no luck. :/ Any Ideas?
Have you tried port forwarding your router?
This is getting maddening...
I can't even connect to my own local server.

Formatted windows (Win 7 64bits), fresh copy...
All ports forwared on the router and I jus't cant connect to my own server, hosted on my own machine...

All set on Windows Firewall as well.
Still, I get the timed out message.

What now?
Quote from Meanie :This is getting maddening...
I can't even connect to my own local server.

Formatted windows (Win 7 64bits), fresh copy...
All ports forwared on the router and I jus't cant connect to my own server, hosted on my own machine...

All set on Windows Firewall as well.
Still, I get the timed out message.

What now?

I had the same problem and asked my brother to look into it (he is the admin of the linux server we have at home).
After some research, he noticed that traffic goes out from your client to the internet, goes through the master server and then back into your home to try and reach the dedicated server.
In the end he made a special route to get it to work (which wasn't straight forward), but I can't tell you the details, because I don't know them.
If you want to host and play at the same time, it's easier to host a server from within the normal client, instead of a dedicated host.
Quote from Yisc[NL] :I had the same problem and asked my brother to look into it (he is the admin of the linux server we have at home).
After some research, he noticed that traffic goes out from your client to the internet, goes through the master server and then back into your home to try and reach the dedicated server.
In the end he made a special route to get it to work (which wasn't straight forward), but I can't tell you the details, because I don't know them.
If you want to host and play at the same time, it's easier to host a server from within the normal client, instead of a dedicated host.

Well thanks... but I just made a test and hosted from the game itself (not the DEDI .exe), asked for a friend to login into the server and he gets the same error I do: "Connect timed out".
Quote from Meanie :Well thanks... but I just made a test and hosted from the game itself (not the DEDI .exe), asked for a friend to login into the server and he gets the same error I do: "Connect timed out".

It's a while since I last ran my own host, but you aren't exactly inundated with answers so here goes with a couple of suggestions

I suspect (rather than know) that the symptoms you mention in your post a few up the thread are telling us that one of the two protocols is working (e.g. TCP?) and the other isn't. (Or it could be that one or more of the four combinations of protocol/direction is bust, e.g. UDP/outbound.) If I were debugging it myself I'd try two things - firstly install Wireshark and catch the relevant packets & conversations, and secondly to try to connect from a second PC on the same router in case that makes the symptoms any easier to understand/debug.
Good luck!
Quote from Neilser :It's a while since I last ran my own host, but you aren't exactly inundated with answers so here goes with a couple of suggestions

I suspect (rather than know) that the symptoms you mention in your post a few up the thread are telling us that one of the two protocols is working (e.g. TCP?) and the other isn't. (Or it could be that one or more of the four combinations of protocol/direction is bust, e.g. UDP/outbound.) If I were debugging it myself I'd try two things - firstly install Wireshark and catch the relevant packets & conversations, and secondly to try to connect from a second PC on the same router in case that makes the symptoms any easier to understand/debug.
Good luck!

Thanks dude, I've installed Wireshark and am trying to understand how it works/I can interpret what it's logging...

I just can't wrap my head around this. I used to be able to host servers without an issue in the past.

I've contacted my ISP and made sure that the LFS ports are not blocked in any way as well. No dice yet anyhow...

I think I"ll offer a 10 dollar reward for whoever gets to the bottom of this and allow me to host servers again, maybe I"ll get lucky, I don't know.
Server
Hi guys I have a problem I have a server on lfs.net I was installing insim but it gave me a problem and I never leave the server anymore do you know how to restart from 0 the server I have how to solve?
Quote from TheGianfry909 :I was installing insim but it gave me a problem

I didn't understand much of what you were trying to say, but either way. You might wanna contact LFS Support for this. Also, once you're there. Ask them if insims are compitable with their service, I can remember someone on here saying it wasn't possible. I could be wrong.
Hi. this is my first post on this forum.
I'm testing running the game on wine, on linux. it's the demo version.
And I also have a local vps , linux, running DCon.exe in wine, the OEM cfg file.

I'm using the Demo version.
the host password line is "commented"
when I want to enter, it says : Game password does not match.

Does unlocking the S1 license solve this problem?

here's the game server output:

user1@mini:~/dcon-normal$ wine DCon.exe /cfg=setup.cfg
Track loaded (BL1)
Host Name : BL1 race 5 laps (0)
Jun 29 19:50:10 2019
Handicaps :
Accept : 10.0.2.2
Received 53 : 10.0.2.2
Host Auth : 10.0.2.2
Can't add guest - GAME password does not match
It has nothing to do with license or no license, you need to set your GAME password here; https://www.lfs.net/account/details

You probably try to join with your FORUM password or an invalid password. Demo accounts are also passworded.
Hi. Thanks for your help. There's a web-pass, game-pass and there's also a server (host) pass.
I reached the next step. I set the game pass, and ran the DCon.exe as mentioned.
I got this error on game screen:
Error is : "Could not send UDP packet."

Here's my setup:
DCon.exe runs on a CLI ubuntu installed on Virtualbox, equipped with Wine.
The "v-box" network setup is: NAT, port forwarding. The same port number 63392 host and guest.
The connection type was "TCP" and I got the error.
Then I changed it to "UDP" and "ClientConnect : connect failed"

May be this is a virtualbox problem. I will try to run the server on LAN and see if there are any errors. The vbox useful for testing.

btw: There is an LFS linux version, available as a "snap package" on ubuntu. Which does not install properly at the moment.

I used this manual. Getting WINE to work is easy. I used the server instructions.
https://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Running_LFS_on_Linux
You try to join from same computer?

// optional: local specified ip address
//ip=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

seen this also in the .cfg file? Try to configure internal IP address (and don't forget to remove one slash).

Guide: Running an LFS Server
(666 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG