The online racing simulator
MPH'05 Show and Live for Speed
Hi All,

Heard of Jeremy Clarkson's MPH'05 Car Show? Well this is happening at Earls Court, 17th November to the 20th November.

So whats this got to do with LFS

Well, just got an email from Cyberseat, remember these from the karting Event? They have a stand there, and will be running Live for Speed on it. I have been asked to go and support Cyberseat and promote Live for Speed, so hopefully I will be there on the Sat and Sunday.

Just thought I would give you all a heads up if you are intending on going.

Regards

Fordie

MPH ' 05 Car Show
Cyberseat
I wasn't intending on going, but I might be interested now!

If I went it'd likely be the Saturday.

Just looked, and there doesn't seem to be any discount for pre-booking (in fact the booking fee makes it more expensive!?). Details below (from the site):

EARLS COURT SHOWS Advanced bookings closing times
Thurs 17th ---------------- Wed 9th at 12pm
Fri 18th ---------------- Thurs 10th at 12pm
Sat 19th ---------------- Fri 11th at 12pm
Sun 20th ---------------- Fri 11th at 12pm

Standard Ticket £20.00 - Entry to show, Zone D seat in the theatre, souvenir show guide†.
Standard Plus £25.00 - Entry to show, Zone C seat in the theatre, souvenir show guide†.
Premium Ticket £30.00 - Entry to show, Zone B seat in the theatre, souvenir show guide† plus back stage paddock tour.

£2 booking fee applies to all tickets. Tickets subject to availability.
#3 - P1lot
Excellent news!
Make sure they have a force feedback steering wheel this time, and an unlocked copy of S2.
Oh, and a nice big sign above the screen with 'Live For Speed'
Quote from P1lot :Excellent news!
Make sure they have a force feedback steering wheel this time, and an unlocked copy of S2.
Oh, and a nice big sign above the screen with 'Live For Speed'

I will be taking mine
coOL...
miss such events in austria
Cool
Great news. Make sure you impress people with your driving skills. And hopefully cyberseat will have some better settings for that funky chair this time.
Fordie, why don't you sent Cyberseat Bob's Easy Race and Easy Road setups, so that the people who drive have a reasonable chance of staying on the road. And make sure the wheel is fixed - the fact that it could move in a big arc made driving more guesswork than artform, and that would apply as much if not more to LFS newbies
Quote from tristancliffe :Fordie, why don't you sent Cyberseat Bob's Easy Race and Easy Road setups, so that the people who drive have a reasonable chance of staying on the road.

I will be taking all the setups I have on my USB Key. At the karting event, if you had asked, I had uploaded my GTI setup to the Cyberseat, but instead of looking, people just jumped and went except me
great move! Looking forward to see reports and pics
Didn't drive the GTi there, I was trust into the XRT!!! With no force feedback, a moving wheel, shoes on, and weird movements (I played earlier before it was refined) I was a bit of a joke (as ever).

Still don't know why I got the loudest cheer when I rolled?!?!!?
#12 - JJ72
god damn it, I will be there on saturday. I mean I MUST!!
A new Vykos...

Nice Fordie...
I can't go this year due to having fulfilled my car-related events quota for 2005, but I went to the first show in 2003 and can recommend it. There were some great cars on display and I had a good old chat with a bloke from Radical (who insisted on telling me I could afford one ) but the arena show is the main thing and it's great fun. It's basically Top Gear Live.
Excellent Stuff, wish I could get there
#16 - jmkz
€15000 for the chair.. interesting
I may be going.... but at the NEC not Earls Court
sounds good, dont forget to bring a camera (video/pics) for us over-seas people
I can confirm that I will be there for the whole weekend. So for people that are going, see you there.

Fordie
Guess what would be cool? Have some celebrity quotes on LFS mainpage..

"I need to have another go!"
-Jeremy Clarkson

I hope you get some celebrities driving it at least (if so, try to take photos)!
I will be going with my camcorder of course, so yes, I am hoping to capture JC driving it. As this is a prestigious event ( look at the car line up ) you never know who will be in the driving seat.
Very good news!

Well done to Fordman and Cyberseat! :up:
now you only have to get clarkson to test LFS for TOP GEAR.
Quote from vladimir :now you only have to get clarkson to test LFS for TOP GEAR.

Yep. Would be interesting to see his reaction. Apparently he's gotten kinda hooked on GT4 because of his back problems, so he might appreciate LFS even better.
Nah.. I suspect JC would make mince meat out of LFS (perhaps in some Evil, incorrect way) with his extensive knowledge of -ve comments

Better leave it till it's as perfect as it can be..

MPH'05 Show and Live for Speed
(241 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG