The online racing simulator
LFS stats!
(465 posts, closed, started )
12hour race But its weird because the graph cuts out at 204 laps and not 401. I tried making the graphs higher res but it still cuts out at 204. The race was only 385 laps so it should work.
#377 - lyd
Quote from smith :lyd, people should learn from the best, not mediocre or just plain bad examples.

Wouldn't that be an argument in favor of distributing your source? Or did I misunderstand your earlier post and you have been saying that you think your own code is a mediocre or just plain bad example in its present form?

lyd
A couple of things I would like to see implemented/changed/whatever:

Grpahical interface - a GUI where you could:

1) set the file name output for the HTML, the CSV, the TSV, and the TXT, have that information transfer to the lap file names, and the html lap callouts.

2) Add a custom title to the stats header and web page title

3) a place to add a link to an online hosted banner image

4) a place to add a link to an online hosted CSS file.

Also, I would like to see options that allow admins to manipulate the results for lap time stability, highest climber, etc. based on whether a driver finished a race, and/or went a certain lap count or %.

Why do I ask these things? I create stats for many different races/leagues and I like to add some flair to the stats page. I love the output of the stats page and the information, but it needs spiced up some more.

From very basic upgrades like this: http://www.lfs-lota.net/race_f ... s/LOTA-CC06-S1-STATS.html

...to stylized upgrades like this: http://www.lfs-lota.net/race_f ... OTA-FV8-S1R7S1-STATS.html

Each of those pages were manually edited/modified to get the desired result.

The last thing that I would love to see the stats page do is to be able to start LFS with the correct insim ports opened, and start the desginated replay, if that's possible.

No, I don't know how this could all be done. But I do know that these things could make this already great app that much better!
Quote from banshee56 :A couple of things I would like to see implemented/changed/whatever:

[....]

1) set the file name output for the HTML, the CSV, the TSV, and the TXT, have that information transfer to the lap file names, and the html lap callouts.

2) Add a custom title to the stats header and web page title

3) a place to add a link to an online hosted banner image

4) a place to add a link to an online hosted CSS file.

I might be completely wrong, but isn't most of this can be easily done by editing config and stock template files? have you got a look there?

Quote from banshee56 :
The last thing that I would love to see the stats page do is to be able to start LFS with the correct insim ports opened, and start the desginated replay, if that's possible.

To achieve this, all you need is to manually add a link to replay file somewhere in the results page (replay name cannot be retrieved via insim, so it's up to you to fill it) and make sure client computer which viewing this has mpr file association set to live for speed.

You also can auto-enable insim on lfs start by adding `insim nnnnn` line to /data/script/autoexec.lfs.

lyd, you are perfectly right.
May I request a customizable <OutputDir>?

My results/ folder gets messy in an instant!
-
(germanpio) DELETED by germanpio
Quote from felplacerad :May I request a customizable <OutputDir>?

My results/ folder gets messy in an instant!

May I ask you to be more specific? Customisable in what way?
You already can specify a different path for each generated file type...
:doh:

nevermind ...
I prefer the v1.48 to work well "lap by lap" mod.
Can someone send me the LFS_stats v1.48?

Edit: Gai-Luron solve my problem, thanks a lot.
Quote from smith :Gai-Luron, I wouldn't refuse to make the program open source if code quality was on sufficient level.
Since it doesn't meet my standards, I just prefer to keep it for myself

It's a nice piece of functionality, but it'd be nice if you would make it open-source because others may need something like this but not exactly want the output that you are supplying to the templates.

Quote from smith :
lyd, people should learn from the best, not mediocre or just plain bad examples.

True, but people *really* shouldn't be learning from looking at source code anyways. People *should* be going to school or taking classes on *how* to develop software.
A nice silly question.

How does this deal with driver changes? If possible, would it be possible to list all the drivers that completed a stint in that car under that car (unless Davo's race was a 1 driver 12 hourer - Jesus, you must be superhuman or something.)
HI,

Oliv76000, help me to instal this mods, the problem encountered in LFS, when I whrite the message /insim 65000
It puts InSim:: Initialise: bind failed
However my ports firewalls are opened, even closed the firewall Windows and antivirus nothing occurs and the message is the same one

What this prob ?
Hollywood, it seems that our views on educational process do vary a bit, but that doesn't change my intentions anyway.

duke_toaster, in case of racer swaps only latest one should be displayed. while it surely is possible to implement a proper swap log support, it can't be done due to inner structure limitations, which I'm not interested to be working at.

I hope someone someday finally comes with an uber solution of statistics generation developed while keeping in mind pros and contras of existing similar programs.
My problem is solved, thank you in Oliv, the problem came from my CFG
Perfect !!
Really excellent work, i used so much for our leagues, and championships in LFS MEXICO (www.automovilismovirtual.com), but i have detected some minor bugs, like when players did not finish the race and other players finish with penaltys the order in the final positions are not already right. Specially with one or more player race with LAG, or finish with LAG, stats make some errors.

but i know they'll fixed in the nexts version...

Thanks.
Smith I sent you this in a private message but maybe someone can help me

I'm developing a LFS league management module fos the Xoops CMS and I'd like to ask you for a little reference about LFS Stats.

I use LFS Stats files to automatically upload race results by parsing them. I had taken into consideration DNF and DSQ, but there are more penalties and race situations which I don't know about.

As an example I have this in a file:

16. pilot 1. DNF. (no penalty)
17. pilot 2. +2 laps. (DT penalty)
18. pilot 3. DNF. (no penalty)
19. pilot 4. DNF. (no penalty)

I don't know what that DT penalty is, so I don't know how that pilot should score, as DNF pilots don't score a single point (in my module).

My question is if I could have some kind of reference about the 'penalty' column and its different cases, and other special situations like DNF, DSQ or others that may be shown in other columns.

I could always make it so you can manually alter those results and set it to desired value, but of course the ideal thing would be to have it all done automatically.
Hi Smith,
Apologies if the following questions seem a bit noob'ish, but I have limited knowledge of insim & xml programming. So my questions are:

1. Does stats work while racing live online?
- The scenario is I join the league server from my client with stats running while I race.
I have no access to the host server.

2a. If so what parameters need to be changed in the stats.xml file?
I think the following lines would need to be changed to align with the host server etc.
<StatsConfig>
<ConnectionMethod>server</ConnectionMethod> <!-- server | relay -->
<ServerAdminPassword></ServerAdminPassword>
<ListenPort>64999</ListenPort>
<ServerConfig> <!-- direct server connection -->
<ServerIPAddress>127.0.0.1</ServerIPAddress> <!-- LFS Server address -->
<ServerPort>65000</ServerPort> <!-- LFS Server port -->
</ServerConfig>

2b. Do I have to change anything within the lines of the relay config settings?

3. If stats is run live how accurate are they compared to saving the mpr and doing them later via a replay?

4. Assuming it can be done, can stats cause problems while racing like lag or stutters?

Thanks in advance for your advice.
1/2. Yes, whether you are racing or just spectating. I use it myself and I didn't change anything for it.

3.It is done in real time and because of it much more accurate than playing a replay in 2x,4x or 8x

4. (personal opinion) I never experienced any problems causing by the tool. Lags and so on were only caused by the server itself.
Quote from germanpio :1/2. Yes, whether you are racing or just spectating. I use it myself and I didn't change anything for it.

3.It is done in real time and because of it much more accurate than playing a replay in 2x,4x or 8x

4. (personal opinion) I never experienced any problems causing by the tool. Lags and so on were only caused by the server itself.

Thanks gemanpio, I tested in last night with no problems, works great both single player and online.
I now won't have to save replays and watch them back later to create the stats, can just do it on the fly
O.K. Now that I can do all my league stats online live, it has now got me thinking how I can have the stats.xml file parameters changed automatically after the end of a race and before the start of the next race.
Has anyone got any idea on how to do such?
Can this be achieved via a script / xml enhancement to the original file?
If so how?

The ultimate aim is that each sessions stats are captured using different file names which change automatically triggered from the race finished flag, negating the need for me to change them manually between sessions, leaving me to concentrate on racing.

Any Ideas?
I get always wrong data out of it. Mostly for the last view drivers, it shows them as DNF but the did finisch.

Before it gave out a cvs file, now there is none. If I to change something in the xml file to get it?

Thx
Quote from tomylee :I get always wrong data out of it. Mostly for the last view drivers, it shows them as DNF but the did finisch.

I just can't stand qoting the faq:
A3:Shit happens...

Quote from tomylee :Before it gave out a cvs file, now there is none. If I to change something in the xml file to get it?

Perhaps uncommenting csv OutputFileRace keyword might help in this case.
Thx
Getting

InSim : discarding unacknowledged packet (100)
InSim : discarding unacknowledged packet (101)
InSim : discarding unacknowledged packet (102)

When using LFSStats since V5

Scawen says i should contact you
The reason for this is that V3 and above now send more packets to insim for Pit and stuff. All good things and I am sure when smith gets around to it he will make the necessary ammendments to this fine piece of software.

However, for now, it doesn't work. I tried it and I got all those messages you mentioned and I just ignored them because I thought it would be OK, unfortunately the RES packets have changed also, so I think stats gets confused at the end of the race and (in my case on V3) showed all racers as DNF.

I would suggest you use V2 or earlier for now if you need the stats and then keep checking back. As you know these are just test patches, so it would be silly of smith to make significant changes because things may change which would mean re-writing again.

Hope this helps.
Tim
This thread is closed

LFS stats!
(465 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG