The online racing simulator
LFS stats!
(465 posts, closed, started )
Yes, look for SprDemoCheck key in configuration file. Quite obviously, isnt it.

One notice, the results you get from these kinds of replay files might be buggy.
Quote from smith :Yes, look for SprDemoCheck key in configuration file. Quite obviously, isnt it.

Yes it is, thanks

Quote from smith : One notice, the results you get from these kinds of replay files might be buggy.

Ee, I can live with them
This support Qualification yet?
Not planned.
I think it has already been discussed earlier.
Quote from smith :Not planned.
I think it has already been discussed earlier.

, Fine I'll go ahead and make my own .
G'day all, just have a small question about the race time progress graph.

The vertical axis shows the difference in seconds that the car is behind the leader, right?

If that's the case, why is the leader not a horizontal line at the zero mark? He always ends at the zero as you would expect but why does it say he has a 5 second difference at lap 1? 5 second difference to who? or what? I mean he can't be behind the leader by any amount of seconds when he is the leader.

Cheers.
I think zero is the average race time. Thus you can drop behind the final average, and catch up later. In the same way it's possible to be ahead of zero for most of the race, and end up at zero after a couple of slow laps.

Does that make sense?
ok. thanks. That's why in most races it creeps up to the final zero, because the first lap is always slower.

:doh:
Great, no more explanation is needed, I think it's quite clear now without my help

Note that graph program is opensource, so you can study its internals for all the gory details by yourself.
Is there a possibility that you add the following feature?

I would like to see a graph for each driver with his personal laps driven as a line or bar chart. To visualize his personal consistency, where he made a mistake/pitstop=longer bar and such.
I know the lap by lap chart is not that far off, but first thats relative to the average winner lap time and not absolute and second its a bit confusing to read with more then 6 or 8 drivers.

Thats what I really miss atm.

Nevertheless we at GAS Racing use LfS Stats for quite some time now and really like it, so a BIG THANK YOU
Here's some examples of what can be done.
I don't really know if this kind of graphs is going to be any useful. The picture becomes quite messy with lenghty races, and the case of long pit stops reduces comparision detail of other laps...
Attached files
samples.rar - 66.9 KB - 194 views
Maybe a line chart without the times written in the chart for each lap would be better?

... but maybe it wasnt a good idea at all if I think for the up to 20 single charts if the server was full ... allthough I would like it
Quote from HS-78 :... but maybe it wasnt a good idea at all if I think for the up to 20 single charts if the server was full ... allthough I would like it

Would be great to turn that on or off in the options file. But what does the "e+05" mean?

btw: The blue line is the average time, right? I hope that the start lap isn't calculated in it, then this graph would be great. But this would take a lot of the page, so maybe it is time to make a new structure for the html file
The next LFSC already has this (example from last OWRL race) if you really want the feature.
Quote from HS-78 :Maybe a line chart without the times written in the chart for each lap would be better?
... but maybe it wasnt a good idea at all if I think for the up to 20 single charts if the server was full ... allthough I would like it

Line chart looks more hectic in my opinion. To make histogram more readable I can draw laptime text inside bars, with text line rotated 90 degrees counter clockwise.

Quote from germanpio :
Would be great to turn that on or off in the options file.

If this improvement is going to reach the public version, all you shall need to turn it on or off is just modify a template file.

Quote from germanpio :
But what does the "e+05" mean?
btw: The blue line is the average time, right? I hope that the start lap isn't calculated in it, then this graph would be great.

You guessed right, blue line stands for an average time. First lap is not got
rid of in this example, also don't pay mention the ordinate axis label values, it is going to be replaced with human readable data, thats not the problem

Quote from Becky Rose :
The next LFSC already has this (example from last OWRL race) if you really want the feature.

Nice stuff, Becky Rose. It looks like that everyone who wants to be on the bleeding edge of statistics stuff should follow your path.
It's not a rivalry , I just wanted stats that wheren't in LFS Stats. I love your program and it still does stuff that LFSC doesnt. I actually wansnt going to mention it here and PM'd the person who requested that idea, but then more people posted about it so I thought i'd let them know.

LFSC gives you amazing detail, but it can take an age to wade through the sheer enormity of it. Your program is far better for getting a good overall picture of the race.
Quote from smith :Line chart looks more hectic in my opinion. To make histogram more readable I can draw laptime text inside bars, with text line rotated 90 degrees counter clockwise.

That could be a possibility too.

On the one side I like LfS Stats a lot for its easieness of use and the all results on one table. But I would like that feature too, especially like I find the lap by lap chart like it is now hard to read ... not an easy issue at all I guess
HS-78, I think I'll figure something out. Not promising it very soon, you know, somehow I've got some other rl stuff to do
Sure, let yourself time. I'm happy with the tool anyway, can only get better
HS-78, I've done almost everything I could, check first post.
Hi smith ... nice,very nice! Thanks so far ... but 3 little things I have to mention:

- why does it say LFS stats! v1.40 at the top of the result sheet - isn't it still 1.39?

- can all lap charts be limited to the same bounds/ min/max laptime? so that they can be compared better? the min time to all could be the fastest lap time of the race, and the max time the slowest lap time ... understandable?

- could the average lap time of the specific player can be displayed as a line in the lap chart, so that in every chart is some kind of personal benchmark to see?

Just my thoughts so far after a quick test, will look into it further.
Quote from HS-78 :Hi smith ... nice,very nice! Thanks so far ... but 3 little things I have to mention:

- why does it say LFS stats! v1.40 at the top of the result sheet - isn't it still 1.39?

- can all lap charts be limited to the same bounds/ min/max laptime? so that they can be compared better? the min time to all could be the fastest lap time of the race, and the max time the slowest lap time ... understandable?

- could the average lap time of the specific player can be displayed as a line in the lap chart, so that in every chart is some kind of personal benchmark to see?

Just my thoughts so far after a quick test, will look into it further.

Don't pay attention to version differencies, it is nothing more than typos.

I like your suggestion about alignning all graph's bounds, I'll check and see how does it look in work.

Average time line is already drawn on every graph, I only made it look less noticeble. Also, green bars are times below average, red ones - slower, and dark red bars are much more slower and have been cutted to prevent ruining graph detalisation.

update: 2nd suggestion implemented, looks good. did some other tiny changes as well.
helloo ! i have some problems. i am a bit noobish, ok i downloaded stats and put it in folder,i start lfs and type /insim 65000 and then i start lfs stats,black window appears and in there it says "wait for race to start" when race starts it calculate lap times,chat,etc... but when race ends program shuts and it wont write to results! Please can someone explain what should i do?
illepall

Q: I start lfs stats [...] it calculate lap times,chat,etc... but when race ends
program shuts and it wont write to results!
A: Most probably you are trying to make stats of single player or demo replay.
These replays are not processed by default. To counter that, set SprDemoCheck key
in configuration file to false.

no i play on public server and when i first started lfs stats it worked but now it doesnt some times i got error packets recived before ISI or something like that,what i must put in stats folder to make that work?do i need this sample stats? or graph? does this work without replays? i mean realtime?
This thread is closed

LFS stats!
(465 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG