The online racing simulator
LFS stats!
(465 posts, closed, started )
Hi

Ran the latest version an last nights LFS: GTR League

http://www.conedodgers.co.uk/results/s2d1r7.html is the first D1 race

I am told by the racers that the pit stop information is wrong

1) 3 racers stop in 0 time
2) some of the reported items are wrong, the stats say minor yet the racers say their stop said minor, and major

I will try to go through the replay myself and check but that can be a long job

Edit:

Also just been told that their is another slight problem with the produced starts

In the settings section (First table) it produced "No obligatory pit-stop" when in fact the server is set to pitstop required
birder, I 'm not able to find replays anywhere on conedodgers, can you please share the one with D1 stage?
Quote from birder :1) 3 racers stop in 0 time

That most likely is caused by an old lfs version they use

Quote from birder :
2) some of the reported items are wrong, the stats say minor yet the racers say their stop said minor, and major

There were some discrepancies in damage detection branch, and it should look better now.

Quote from birder :Also just been told that their is another slight problem with the produced starts

I don't get this one, please explain.

Quote from birder :
In the settings section (First table) it produced "No obligatory pit-stop" when in fact the server is set to pitstop required

I've double checked the race info block and found no problems. I interpret the race information strictly according to insim documentation.

Anyways, there is another test build with quite a few fixes. Note that you must update your html_race.tpl, as pit-info words are made macro now.

Uhh, I just remembered I forgot to do the same work for penalty and flag tables... I'll leave it for the next time then.
Attached files
test3.rar - 124.1 KB - 294 views
Hey Smith,

Not sure if this has been detected before but I have found that if you run stats via a replay that is speed up then the Top Speed calculation seems to differ (increase in fact with the replay speed).
I know that the optimum use of stats is @ 1x replay speed but I am wondering if this is some other bug as all the other data is exactly the same.
Below are to examples, the first at normal replay speed (1x) the other at 4x speed.
http://www.ozsport.org/stats/z ... Rd2%20DivB%20R1%201x.html
http://www.ozsport.org/stats/z ... Rd2%20DivB%20R1%204x.html
The replay file is here (3mb): http://mondaynightracing.com/s ... 007/ofr/r2/OFR_R2_B_1.mpr

Just in case you were going to ask I am using stats ver:test3 & my PC at 4x is smooth and steady - no stutters, so that should not be effecting the data capture imo.
I saw tha same case on version 1.49 . The top speed can vary
Quote from brasi :I saw tha same case on version 1.49 . The top speed can vary

Was it varied using the same speed or from different replay speeds like 2x, 4x, 8x??
mmm... din't try using 2 times the same speed on same mpr..
but using same mpr at different speeds replay, the top speed vary a little, like you said
Speed values do vary a little bit between runs even at 1x speed.
It looks like LFS has some bandwidth/rate limit set on UDP MCI packets generation, what prevents recording the proper top speed values.
So logically you should get lower speeds recorded for high speed replayed mprs compared to 1x replays.
I've decreased the period of sockets polling just in case, but that won't do anything good in this case I suppose.
Quote from smith :Speed values do vary a little bit between runs even at 1x speed.
It looks like LFS has some bandwidth/rate limit set on UDP MCI packets generation, what prevents recording the proper top speed values.
So logically you should get lower speeds recorded for high speed replayed mprs compared to 1x replays.
I've decreased the period of sockets polling just in case, but that won't do anything good in this case I suppose.

Thanks Smith, makes sense just a shame it is that way but at least I now know it is the limitation of LFS not a bug or some other anomaly. I can go back to doing the stats at 4x to get them done quicker.

BTW loving the new stats info for pit stops, flags etc.
The question seemed interesting enough for me to investigate, so I've added the MCI counter.
Using test replay with 16 players, I can confirm that the number of MCI packets sent to stats halves down with each replay speed increase.
The consequences are obvious
Quote from smith :The question seemed interesting enough for me to investigate, so I've added the MCI counter.
Using test replay with 16 players, I can confirm that the number of MCI packets sent to stats halves down with each replay speed increase.
The consequences are obvious

Wow, so you are right in saying that 1x replay speed is the most accurate.
Is the issue you found something that Scawen may also find interesting enough to look into?
Given I am hearing whispers that they are planning on having some form of stats as part of the LFS package on the master server side!
Thanks Smith for improving your excellent program.
I tried test3 today and there is no No pit-stop data for one driver in each file stat and some drivers don't know what the stand repair when they stop (ex: Lap 2: (4.46))
http://lfsoliv76.free.fr/ligue ... 4.18.48_results_race.html
http://lfsoliv76.free.fr/ligue ... 5.15.11_results_race.html

the replays :
http://lfsoliv76.free.fr/ligue ... phy/Season2/ORT_S2_M6.zip

What did or will you do for the remplacement of drivers in pit-stop?
Best regards,
Hi Smith,
Sorry to bug you with this as I am sure you are aware & looking into it but I am wondering if you will be updating your stats program, given the changes to insim which I understand will be part of the next official release - patch X.
hmm looked into readme... confusing..... anyone know of something simpler?
@ Smith

Is version 1.49 incompatible to the W17 patch ?

Error:
InSim : first byte in packet does not match size
Quote from Freddy_P :@ Smith

Is version 1.49 incompatible to the W17 patch ?

Error:
InSim : first byte in packet does not match size

Freddy, no it won't work with the test patch any longer as Scawen has changed how insim packets are derived, they are now TCP instead of UDP. What it means is every insim app (incl Stats) will need to be updated. More than likely Smith won't do this until the official patch X is released with the new insim changes.
Ok, thanks for info.
Hello.

I'd like to inform everyone interested that I'm ceasing the development. I strongly feel the thing requires complete rethink, redesign and therefore in fact rewrite from the scratch, as the main bone hasn't been changed from the very start. The worst is that I don't have enough spare time and interest to work on this project anymore.

Thanks for your support and feedback through this years, it really gave me a plenty of good time and helped to evolve towards the better self.

See ya.
Thats bad news But thank you for developing and advance the app throughout the years
These are really bad news

Anyway, Smith your program was fantastic. Thanks a lot for the work and effort you devoted on this project all this time.

We 'll really gonna miss this great tool in the future...
That is really sad news! I was really looking forward to the fancy new shiney version taking all the new features of the new InSim into account, but alas it is not to be.

I also very much appreciate all the hard work that you have put into this application over the years and all my respect to you.

One question though: did you write it in VB?

If you did, is there any chance of the source code now so I can develop it myself, please? I have just got back into InSim programming now the TCP version is coming and so this would be a great program to convert to TCP InSim for me.

I completely understand if you do not want to give away all your hard work, so no hard feelings if the answer is no!

Thanks again smith.

Tim
Hi Smith,
Oh no, it very sad news to hear you will no longer continue to develop such a great application, I know my fellow colleagues in AUS will also miss the fact that stats will no longer be provided for our league races.
Thank you for all your hard work in providing this to the LFS community it will be missed.

(P.S. It would be nice if you someone can continue to develop something along the same lines, even if it is not exactly the same).
Yeah, thanks Smith for all your hard work - we down here at mondaynightracing.com have been using it extensively in our league racing. It'd be wonderful if you could open source it to let someone else pick up where you have left it off, but of course that will be down to your situation - completely understand either way.

Once again, thanks for creating such a great app!
This thread is closed

LFS stats!
(465 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG