The online racing simulator
LFS stats!
(465 posts, closed, started )
Hello,

I use 1.45, and i don't understand why the chat mesages are incomplete.

Thank's for this prog.

Gai-Luron
Davo, I'll try to look into the problem a bit later.

Gai-Luron, what do you mean by incomplete? I and a few people I know are using chat logs and didnt find any problems besides wrong system messages encoding.
Hello,

Long message are truncated!

An exemple

Screenshot

Your stats:
32 FRH Tomfuel : kler
32 FRH Julien V. : j'était déja pas hyper motivé avant la course
32 FRH C-quad : pourquoi le pit ?
32 FRH alucaRd : c'est pas pour faire mon rabas joie. mais y en a qui devrais ar HERE
32 FRH alucaRd : drapeu bleu
32 FRH Tomfuel : FRH _-Z-_ - belle bagarre ^^
32 FRH _-Z-_ : FRH Tomfuel - yep j'ai ete plus prudent qu'avec jul HERE

32 FRH Pikcel-P : photo ?

You can find at : http://frhteamstat.free.fr/rac ... 45_results_race_chat.html

Thank's

Gai-Luron
According to what I just saw, lfs sends only first 73 bytes of an user message via insim. No wonder long messages are being cut, because lfs is supposed to be sending 128 b messages.

I tried to receive messages via MsgOutSplit, but stumbled upon the same behaviour.

So, it looks like nothing I can do there.
Hi Smith,

I noticed in your latest version that you are not creating the csv file anymore , is there a setting I must change somewhere for it program to produce it? . I use the csv file for a scoring app
noemfie: in the stats.xml where you specify the paths for the files: Remove the comment-tags <!-- and -->
Hello,

Sorry for the length of chat message

One other question, I would like to know if, in the future, you will release the sources ?

Thank's for the answer

Gai-Luron
ConeDodgers
Davo, I just installed hyeroglyph languages support and it didn't affect anything. To clear things a bit I tried to set default font from verdana to arial, can you test if this changes anything for you?

Gai-Luron, I wouldn't refuse to make the program open source if code quality was on sufficient level.
Since it doesn't meet my standards, I just prefer to keep it for myself

birder, I'm glad to hear it is useful for big projects like yours!

1.47 is out with tiny but critical change: no more unicode rubbish in graphs.
Attached files
graph_arial_test.rar - 11.9 KB - 188 views
Quote from germanpio :noemfie: in the stats.xml where you specify the paths for the files: Remove the comment-tags <!-- and -->

Thanks
OK it's something wrong with my fonts on this computer. I tried it on a different one and it worked fine. I can live with this, I'll be formatting soon anyway. Thanks for trying something new.

With 1.47 the special charcters don't show up at all on the graphs?
#362 - lyd
Quote from smith :I wouldn't refuse to make the program open source if code quality was on sufficient level.
Since it doesn't meet my standards, I just prefer to keep it for myself

You don't need turn the whole project into a collaborative effort just to make the source available. Maybe this is stating the obvious, but it still seems like a good idea to distribute the source so that people can learn from what you have done and experiment with their own changes for personal use, even if you never incorporate those changes into your releases.

lyd
smith: When i run graph this rebuild all image. In my opinion the best way if build only image that not exists. If run graph.exe /rebuild then rebuild all image. It save time to generate statistics
lyd, people should learn from the best, not mediocre or just plain bad examples.

Davo, player name wont sneak to graphs from now on, so the problem is (temporarily) solved.

A.Fedorov & Renku, done & fixed.
Hey smith, thanks a lot for your proggie!
I've got a question tho (i've read the supplied readme.txt):

How (if possible) can i translate some of the "terms"? I just want to change the name of the "fields", you know?
I mean, i want to put stuff in portuguese (no funny characters), should i just change the template or something? Will that work?

Thanks again for the applet.

Edit: This is my PC:
MSI K8N NEO4 Platinum (Nforce 4 Ultra)
A64 Venice 3500+ (@ 2300 MHz)
HDD SATA 200 GB Samsung (8MB Buffer)
2GB Ram DDR Samsung TCCC Dual Channel (2 x 1GB @ 440MHz - 1T)
Geforce 6800GS CO SE eVGA 256MB (500/1200) PCI-E

At which max speed i should run my replays while i'm using LFS Stats?
(Yeah i know that "Shit happens" hehehe but apart from that...)
Some races might take a really long time to finish, you know.

You think 8X would be "safe", or maybe 16X?
Quote from Meanie :At which max speed i should run my replays while i'm using LFS Stats?

From the past I've learned, that running the replay higher speeds may cause different results in some of the tables. The top speed chart is definitely affected and IIRC there were some others. I tend to run all my stats "on the fly" these days. It's not possible always, but . You could test it yourself, first a replay at x1 speed and then faster. How fast? I'd recommend the speed when the replay is still fluent. But if I had to do the stats from a replay, I would always run the replay at normal speed.
Meanie, use any speed which doesnt cause lfs to stuck up and stop reacting to your input. 8x and even 16x (in case of low players count) works for me. you might also want to switch to car wheels view prior to speeding up, what significantly reduces system load.

and yes, everything except braced words in templates can be changed.
Quote from Renku :From the past I've learned, that running the replay higher speeds may cause different results in some of the tables. The top speed chart is definitely affected and IIRC there were some others. I tend to run all my stats "on the fly" these days. It's not possible always, but . You could test it yourself, first a replay at x1 speed and then faster. How fast? I'd recommend the speed when the replay is still fluent. But if I had to do the stats from a replay, I would always run the replay at normal speed.

Is it heavy at all, to run "on the fly"?
My specs are posted above.

What do you think?
If it's viable to run on the fly, i"ll do it.
It"ll be a lot better to have the results as soon as the events ends.

Quote from smith :Meanie, use any speed which doesnt cause lfs to stuck up and stop reacting to your input. 8x and even 16x (in case of low players count) works for me. you might also want to switch to car wheels view prior to speeding up, what significantly reduces system load.

and yes, everything except braced words in templates can be changed.

I'm aleady translating it and it's looking good!
Thanks man.

If you wish i can send it to you later then, if you have any interest at all of having a "portuguese" version hehhe.

Ahhh, if you can, please take on the question i asked Renku too.
It would be nice to have your opinion on that.

Thanks again.
Quote from Meanie :Is it heavy at all, to run "on the fly"?

That works for me in ESL races. It's like playing a replay in 1x. Even with 1mbit
Quote from Meanie :Is it heavy at all, to run "on the fly"?
My specs are posted above.
What do you think?
If it's viable to run on the fly, i"ll do it.
It"ll be a lot better to have the results as soon as the events ends.

It doesn't consume any significant cpu time at all being run on the fly (the same goes to any replay speeds in case of offline analyzing), so you have nothing to be worried about, especially considering your cpu. just run!

Quote from Meanie :
If you wish i can send it to you later then, if you have any interest at all of having a "portuguese" version hehhe.

sure I'll include your work if if can be useful for anyone else

Quote from Meanie :
Ahhh, if you can, please take on the question i asked Renku too.
It would be nice to have your opinion on that.

Sorry, I don't really understand what you want to hear. I think you've been given pretty detailed explanation, as long as lfs runs ok, you'll get ok stats as well. top speed chart may be a bit off at higher replay speeds, but this is the only negative effect I'm aware of.
The WR column is empty in 1.49. Tested the same replay with 1.48 and all ok. Can anyone confirm or deny this?
Renku, I didn't change anything in wr-related stuff between these versions. I suggest you to try

Davo, whoa, 24h race, you're insane!
I don't allocate memory dynamically, and there IS a limit for laps which is set to 401. I'm not ready to answer where the problem crawls at the moment.

Btw, you actually can record stats for spr races or even hotlaps, all you need is disabling AtLeastOneFinishedCheck keyword in config.
Quote from Renku :The WR column is empty in 1.49. Tested the same replay with 1.48 and all ok. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Did you copy the file wr.dat in the directory of stats.exe for the version 1.49?
I had the same problem
This thread is closed

LFS stats!
(465 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG