The online racing simulator
LFS stats!
(465 posts, closed, started )
Thanks for the all the hard work you've put in Smith. I've found this app to be very useful. Shame that it has to stop now. As people have suggested it would be great if you could open the source for others to make it work with the new insim.
I know also his answer.

Thanks for all Smith, It was a pleasure to use or test your software
Quote from Oliv76000 :I know also his answer.

So what is his answer? I am guessing it won't be open sourced.
I'd like to make things more clear: there is no point in distributing the source as it's ten times easier to write everything from a blank page than trying to modify existing stuff. Believe me or not, it is truth.
So, the answer is no. Sorry.
Thanks for making that clear. As I said before many of us appreciated all the hard work you put in to it and it is a shame it will be lost to the LFS community.
Unfortunately I do not have the skills or the time to learn to do something like this myself so hopefully someone will take it on in another form.

Best of Luck with you other projects Smith.
I think stats is a great app, and obviously deciding not to update it is your choice. But as it is free anyway, not releasing the code seems quite selfish as so many people rely on that software and to just close it and hide it away, well, doesn't seem part of the LFS ethic. Other people could continue your hard work, but you don't want them to, either it is just plain selfishness or you are afraid it will be improved upon I assume.
russraine, I disagree with you.
The source code of an application -believe it or not- is a very personal thing. You can't force a programmer to give it away and most of us already thanked Smith for his work so far and respected his decision to keep the code private.

Freeware is not the same as open source btw
Quote from russraine :I think stats is a great app, and obviously deciding not to update it is your choice. But as it is free anyway, not releasing the code seems quite selfish as so many people rely on that software and to just close it and hide it away, well, doesn't seem part of the LFS ethic. Other people could continue your hard work, but you don't want them to, either it is just plain selfishness or you are afraid it will be improved upon I assume.

Hahahaha.. sure! that's the way to get him to release the source code! :rolleyes:

How stupid are you? You're obviously not a coder (for 2 reasons: you're too stupid and simply have no idea).

I haven't seen any source code released by you... you selfish twit.. c'mon, where's your source code!?

When you pay the man for his efforts, including an increased price for the source code _then_ maybe you can whinge and bitch like a little girl who just lost a hair ribbon, until then, I suggest you do yourself and everyone else a favour and STFU

As for people "relying on it".. you really need to get a life

Regards,

Ian
Ohh.. The best InSim app, and now off...

I haven´t more words.. Just thx for the time that you have beed developing it..
Ian H, you stupid dick!

No you're right I'm not a coder, I am an Author. So I know about creating something and either giving it to people to use for free or charge for it.

If I wrote a book that people could read for free and they asked, how did I write it, what was my inspiration, I wouldn't say: Sorry but that's my last book, I'm not going to tell you anything, now sod off and write your own book. That would be selfish.

I suppose the only thing you write apart from shit forum posts are love letters to your horny grandma, am I right or am I right?

If I did happen to create a freeware app, I would actually release the source code if I were stopping development, as a program without someone to develop it is useless, what sort of legacy is that.

Hell why don't the LFS coders do the same, stop development and leave us with a unfinished game to play, everyone, Ian H is saying that would be a good thing for them to do, what a wanker! I wish I had a time machine so that I could go back in time and drown you in some Scottish lake.

Very best wishes

Johnathan!
Quote from russraine :Ian H, you stupid dick!
If I did happen to create a freeware app, I would actually release the source code if I were stopping development, as a program without someone to develop it is useless, what sort of legacy is that.

Hell why don't the LFS coders do the same, stop development and leave us with a unfinished game to play, everyone, Ian H is saying that would be a good thing for them to do, what a wanker! I wish I had a time machine so that I could go back in time and drown you in some Scottish lake.

Really .

i think as russraine, if I won´t to continue developing that, why don´t get the source code to other ppl for they can develop it?
I'd put my money on LSF instead.
Come on Smith, pls update it to W17 at least !!!
Or Release the source code for someone else to do it, I need to see stats for ESCC Race !
Quote from russraine :
I suppose the only thing you write apart from shit forum posts are love letters to your horny grandma, am I right or am I right?

I'll stick my neck out here and stand up for Ian.
He has probably written more code in his time than you have had hot dinners.
He is currently working on a few different apps that will benefit the LFS community.
If you want to start a flame war, go ahead, but please be so kind as to moderate your language.

Back on topic, thanks for a great utility smith, it was very useful while it lasted.
I can understand your thoughts about not releasing your code, I myself have tried unpicking somebody else's code, only to end up rewriting it anyway!
At the end of the day, it is YOUR code to do with as YOU see fit.
closing thread as per request of OP
This thread is closed

LFS stats!
(465 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG