The online racing simulator
LFS stats!
(465 posts, closed, started )
Very nice script , I was just wondering , is there any way to have that lap by lap page in the same style as the main stats page ? . Sorry I know its a purely cosmetic thing . I'm no html/php expert so just wondering
Sure it is...But as the lap by lap script isn't mine, nor is the others.. i just modified them a bit..
I w'll probably do that soon..I like too when it's all the same
Nice work again !! ( c'est du bon boulot garçon )
Is it possible for LFS Stats to combine the csv and tsv file into one file. The reason I am asking is a League Mangement System called SLS (see http://liga.simracing.pl/ and http://prs.simracing.pl/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61). Today it has no support for LFS, but I am in dialog with the developer if SLS and he says that the csv and tsv files in combination can be used to make an import of race results to SLS (see http://prs.simracing.pl/forum/showthread.php?t=2419). But since LFS stat is producing two files it will be rather inconvinient for the user when they want to import race results data. It would be nice to have these files combined by LFS stat rather than by the user. Could you modify LFS stat to make a combined file that SLS can use for it import function??

The developer of SLS has other request also... see http://prs.simracing.pl/forum/showthread.php?t=2419)
Quote from bluejudas :Is it possible for LFS Stats to combine the csv and tsv file into one file.

I checked that forum thread and I didnt find a good reason or any proposal of combining all generated files into a single one.

Remember that you can edit the template file to get whatever output you need. Templating is very basic, but it does its job for exporting of tabular information.

Regarding pit info request, its not possible to retrieve at the moment.

One last thing, I do not recommend using relay server mode, its still broken.
Quote from smith :I checked that forum thread and I didnt find a good reason or any proposal of combining all generated files into a single one.

Remember that you can edit the template file to get whatever output you need. Templating is very basic, but it does its job for exporting of tabular information.

Regarding pit info request, its not possible to retrieve at the moment.

One last thing, I do not recommend using relay server mode, its still broken.

What is the name of the "loopvariable" that gives me split times for every single lap for each driver(eg BestPossibleLap, FirstLap , and so on). That is what the SLS developers need. In other words how do I get what is in the tsv file gennerated with a tpl file? If so I can make a tpl file that will produce a xml file that SLS can use for its import function. If that is not possible with a tpl file then the only solution is to combine the csv and tsv file.
Quote from bluejudas :What is the name of the "loopvariable" that gives me split times for every single lap for each driver(eg BestPossibleLap, FirstLap , and so on).

it's not possible to output tsv via template at the moment, but I might make it possible in future sometime. Until then, it's not a big deal for you to pick desired info from two files, come on, it's nothing more than just another ten lines of source code.
Quote from smith :it's not possible to output tsv via template at the moment, but I might make it possible in future sometime. Until then, it's not a big deal for you to pick desired info from two files, come on, it's nothing more than just another ten lines of source code.

I know its no problem, but I am not the developer og SLS and cant descide if it will be changed. One good reason for wanting one file is that the upload page is generic and the parser class is picked based on the information in the file(or something). But I will tell the developers that they either have to have two file dialogs for lfs import or if the developer want change the generic code the end user has to combine the files into one. After all, users that use LFS Stat are expert users, and combining the files will be no problem for them....

~b
bluejudas,
I made some changes to templating system, which I believe allow to satisfy your needs. However this new version is more like testing and experimental one, it may be broken in some unexpected cases.

Regarding car names info, stats doesn't change anything in car names received from lfs, there is no such table inside.
I guess you can find names by yourself by running a couple races with AI on different cars.
Quote from smith :bluejudas,
I made some changes to templating system, which I believe allow to satisfy your needs. However this new version is more like testing and experimental one, it may be broken in some unexpected cases.

Regarding car names info, stats doesn't change anything in car names received from lfs, there is no such table inside.
I guess you can find names by yourself by running a couple races with AI on different cars.

Tanx

I tried to run some reaces offline(single player) with ai-cars, but LFS Stats fails to make any reportfiles ?? I just ran a race with one lap.
Sigh. whats the SprDemoCheck value in stats.xml?
hi,

let me first say thank you very much for putting lots of time into developing lfsstats, its a great tool indeed.

one minor thing though...
i just downloaded it and wanted to use it for the first time, but it did not work..
every time i started it, it just showed "connecting..." and then stopped.
it took me a bit of thinking to figure it out, but in the xml file the IP adress had to be set to localhost "127.0.0.1".
i think that this value should be set by default, because most users, especially the inexpirienced will want to make stats files from MPR replays without changing any values in the xml file
it might say "set up the xml file accordingly" in the readme, but some probably don't know how to do it.
and those who want the tool to connect to a different server will have to change it anyway.
so
127.0.0.1 would be the best default value...

cheers,
patrick
Hello,

Forgive me for my lack of knowledge on this subject, but I was wondering if anyone can offer me some assistance?

I have downloaded the file stats_1.38 and followed the instructions to get the program running.
I run LFS, type in /insim 65000 then proceed to start stats.exe.
Everything looks great at this point, it connects to LFS and states it's wait for the race to begin etc.
I start my MPR and in the little DOS window it quite happily tells me all the statistical info such as Names, Lap times etc etc.
At the end of the replay the DOS window closes, but not output data is recorded??
I had a good look through the stats.xml script and I hope I have everything correct but I still have problems.

UPDATE!!

Bahahahaha I made one little directory call 'results' in the same directory as I am running stats.exe, lo and behold, the script has somewhere to copy the results to. Bahahahahahaha!
Quote from Hippy Druid :

Bahahahaha I made one little directory call 'results' in the same directory as I am running stats.exe, lo and behold, the script has somewhere to copy the results to. Bahahahahahaha!

The results folder should be included in The LFS Stat zip file, then people will not make this error
@ Hippy Druid, thank you thank you thank you, LOL. I was having the same problem that everything was working fine, except, no results. I just downloaded this the other day from using version 1.273 or something, which always would give me one error somewhere. I'll try this when I get home.

LOL, such a simple solution.
Hello Freaks!
Yesterday i tired lfsstats for the first time - needed a little tweaking first until lfsstats.exe was able to connect, but then it worked fine. i have a 49 lap race .mpr file. Everything worked well, lfsstats was counting the laps, and when the race was over the windows closed itself, an no data was generated. I tried this 4 times wnd went to bed then.

anyone can help?

edit: forget ist - i should have read the entire thread before posting.
yeah, sorry, my bad. had no time to check and re-check things before posting. archive updated.
Quote from mrodgers :@ Hippy Druid, thank you thank you thank you, LOL. I was having the same problem that everything was working fine, except, no results. I just downloaded this the other day from using version 1.273 or something, which always would give me one error somewhere. I'll try this when I get home.

LOL, such a simple solution.

Hahaha, cool I wasn't the only one. :doh: I thought about just deleting my post, but hey, someone else may have the same problem.

Glad I could help!!

...and Smith, that's an AWESOME little program. Cheers!!
I got a little pb with the graphs program, it write a message "path ./ not found" ..
It i delete everygraphs in the graph directory it works fine but i run it a second time it just does this message without creating the new graphs if there has been new races... Got an idear?

Thx a lot for your work smith !!
I'm not sure what's wrong. It could be a custom tsv files naming you maybe did.
I modified the program to give more detailed error information, also graph sources are included in distro file, so you can dig the reason by yourself.
The program will auto close after one race. Can it never shutdown itself? I wanna it is running all the time.

Sorry for my poor english

Thanks for your answer

Alex

======================

I got the answer finally, thanks
This thread is closed

LFS stats!
(465 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG