The online racing simulator
LFS stats!
(465 posts, closed, started )
sweeney, I'm not completely understood your problem, but maybe setting DedicatedMode to true in stats.xml can help to avoid restarting stats.exe after race restart...
A fast post to say that finally I've been able to process the replay I posted, just changing <DisplayIngameMessages>true</DisplayIngameMessages> to false
sweeney, try to start the replay after the message "Waiting for the race to start"
Quote from smith :sweeney, I'm not completely understood your problem, but maybe setting DedicatedMode to true in stats.xml can help to avoid restarting stats.exe after race restart...

Thanks for the swift replies. I set the Dedicated Server to true in the XML and i'm running the LFS dedicated server on a separate machine. I connect up using my PC as a client machine and start stats.exe.. the following is copied/pasted from the stats.exe DOS window:

LFS stats! v1.34 (c) 2004-2005 Alexander 'smith' Rudakov
Connecting [127.0.0.1 65000 64999 mypassword]..MCI.MCI.STA....VER
LFS S2 VER 0.5Q
Dedicated server mode on, press Ctrl+C to stop.
Waiting for the race to start...
> sweeneyL voted to RESTART
Race started
Race ended
No finished racers found, skipping.
> sweeneyL voted to RESTART
Race started
Race ended
No finished racers found, skipping.

I hope that helps you understand what i'm doing wrong!
Ok, I have a workaround for the problem.. first the cause:

The problem only happens if you start the stats.exe AFTER you are already on the grid. Even if you Vote to restart or Restart via the Dedicated Server, it will go straight from "Race Started" to "Race Ended" and sit there with "Waiting for the race to start..." message in stats.exe window (see my previous message for the output)

This is with DedicatedServer set to true in the xml configuration.

Workaround:
Simply END the race and hit the Go button. You do not need to restart stats.exe, but this time it will see that a race has started. You can also Restart the race and stats.exe will see that the race has been restarted and it will work perfectly.

Conclusion:
Start Stats.exe first. Then leave the garage to join the grid.

If you do not run in Dedicated Server mode, then you must start stats.exe first before leaving the garage.

~~~
I hope thats a bit clearer as to why I was getting the problem. There maybe something you can do to fix it, but seeing as it only appears to be me having a problem, I wouldn't worry too much!

Smith, Thanks for producing LFS Stats - its absolutely spot on!
Thats definitely a bit weird
Thats definitely a bit weird. No seriously. I'm sure mine runs fine. I launch stats.exe after lfs.exe and it picks up when i do a Shift+R or a /RESTART no problems. I'll double check but I'm sure it was OK. I had a couple of AI's on track when i did the testing so I'd have some vaguely interesting data.
Here my stats.xml:
<StatsConfig>
<ConnectionMethod>server</ConnectionMethod> <!-- server | relay -->
<ServerAdminPassword>1234</ServerAdminPassword>
<ListenPort>64999</ListenPort>
<ServerConfig> <!-- direct server connection -->
<ServerIPAddress>127.0.0.1</ServerIPAddress> <!-- LFS Server address -->
<ServerPort>44444</ServerPort> <!-- LFS Server port -->
</ServerConfig>
<RelayConfig> <!-- server via relay connection -->
<RelayServerHostName>isrelay.liveforspeed.net</RelayServerHostName>
<RelayServerPort>47474</RelayServerPort>
<ServerName>My Server Name</ServerName> <!-- LFS Server name to connect to (FM) OvaL V8 XSIV-->
<SpectatorPassword></SpectatorPassword>
<ReceiveMCIpackets>false</ReceiveMCIpackets> <!-- (true|false) disabling saves traffic -->
</RelayConfig>
<DisplayIngameMessages>false</DisplayIngameMessages>
<LogIngameMessages>false</LogIngameMessages>
<SprDemoCheck>true</SprDemoCheck>
<AtLeastOneFinishedCheck>true</AtLeastOneFinishedCheck>
<DedicatedMode>true</DedicatedMode> <!-- infinite loop running mode -->
<ResultsTemplate>templates/english.tpl</ResultsTemplate>
<GenerateRaceResultsCSV>true</GenerateRaceResultsCSV>
<GenerateRaceDataTSV>true</GenerateRaceDataTSV>
<OutputDirectory>c:/Server/htdocs/lfs-stats/</OutputDirectory> <!-- note the trailing slash -->
</StatsConfig>
I run stats.exe on the same machine as the lfs server. Did you say you run stats.exe on a seperate machine? Note I don't actualy use 65000 as my <ServerPort> if u want the port i actually use, YIM me.

mub - Hi gray
relaymode dont work under wine
Hi smith!

As reported before, stats runs fine under linux with wine.
Today I switched from server mode to relaymode, which seems to work fine under windows, too.
But on my linux box I get this error.
LFS stats! v1.34 (c) 2004-2005 Alexander 'smith' Rudakov (piercemind@gmail.com)
WARNING: relay server mode is still experimental and not supposed to be correct!
Connecting [isrelay.liveforspeed.net 47474 30000 pw ]
wine: Unhandled exception (thread 001e), starting debugger...
WineDbg starting on pid 0x1d
Unhandled exception: page fault on read access to 0x00000000 in 32-bit code (0x40120c3a).
In 32 bit mode.

I tried the same exe and stats.xml. On windows it runs, on linux it doesn't work.
I would be happy, if you could take a look at it.

Thx, paXton
paXton, have you tried defining relay server as ip address, not host name?
change RelayServerHostName from isrelay.liveforspeed.net to 213.40.196.93.
I've got a faint suspicion there's something wrong with hostname resolving...
great, that works. thank you.

paXton
Smith,

I tried to use LFS Stats for the first time since the patch. Even though I get the export, the results were all messed up and I had to manually correct the order and finishing time of most of the drivers.

The edited version is online:
http://reports.simracing.nl/Li ... /NL.LFS.2/07-server1.html

You can still see what positions it first gave at the Highest Climber-table. The graphs were correct however. First time I run the replay at 4x speed, second time 2x speed, both gave the same result.
really weird. I did a quick check on some new patch replay, and it seemed to work ok.
I need replay of your race to dig into the problem.
Krutch, germanpio - try the updated version.
Is there any chance of getting the new results2.css? It's missing in the archive
Damnit
re-uploaded with the same file name.
Thanks
Thanks Smith. I used them for the OWRL stats from yesterday and it worked without problems
Thanks Smith for this update.
the name of the server doesn't write automaticaly, why?

Thanks for your answer.
Oliv76000, There are no means of getting a server name from replay file via insim, so you have to fill it by yourself.
If server or event names are somewhat constant, you can predefine them by editing a stock template file.
Nice Work!

We use ur tool for our teamchallenge to print the statistics on our website!

I have 3 little question for next versions:

1.Isn´t it possible to calculate the Pit-In- and Pit-Out-lap and print them in a seperate table since patch U?

2.Is it possible to give out how much time is used for:
a Tyrechange
b Repairs
c Fuel Up
d Change Settings
while pitting?

3. Then calculate the last and first Pit-Sectortimes without the Servicetime to appraise in the statistic of a practice-race if it´s better to do 1 or 2 stops

www.everlast-racing.de
GrandlHuber, in short: no it is not possible.
shorter: THX
Hi,

it seems to be a nice app. But i have a problem:

Running stats.exe, lfs.exe(dedi) and lfs.exe(game on localhost. Tried a testrun with dei set to 1 lap at aston north. stats.exe connects successfull and even show my split times, but as soon as the race finishs and it trys to put out the race data html file it gets an error:

Any ideas?
Attached images
lfsstats.jpg
No help?
This thread is closed

LFS stats!
(465 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG