The online racing simulator
Quote from Stage D :... and a city with ai cars as civilians and cops...

Sounds like you're after Grand Theft Auto or something
Quote from Captain Slow :ill agree, definetly should make that track, or a one with very similar styling.

just agreeing
LOT Of a tracks and track editor please
Yes... so... the nurburgring it's a little bit... some says "ambitious"

But the Top Gear test track... just for fun, that live fors speed is

Fabio
For that, we'd need a big AutoX area and TG's permission.
Quote from JamesK :Sounds like you're after Grand Theft Auto or something

Have you ever played the original Need For Speed? It had tracks like this and was probably the most fun racing sim I've ever played (including LFS). There were mountain tracks, city tracks, and racing circuits. On the mountain tracks there was traffic traveling in both directions which added a big element of risk to the racing. The city tracks also had traffic, but only in the same direction (racing down the freeway, essentially). Not only did you have to tame the road, but you had to contend with traffic as well, knowing when you could push it and when you should slow down a bit.

I would give almost anything to have the original NFS remade with the physics of LFS.
Südschleife.

That'd be pretty unique.

Vain
Quote from Vain :Südschleife.

That'd be pretty unique.

It would indeed. When was it last raced on? Got a link? (Or I can go look for myself, I am admittedly just being lazy.)
Quote from Vain :Südschleife.

That'd be pretty unique.

Vain

What about an 'Old Ring' area with 3 tracks:
- Nordschleife
- Südschleife
- Combined (Nord und Süd)
Like it was in reality before they scrapped the Süd in the early 80s. There was also some shorter piece of track in Südschleife used for practising.

Then we would need some old classic car for those tracks.
Quote from Cue-Ball :Have you ever played the original Need For Speed? It had tracks like this and was probably the most fun racing sim I've ever played (including LFS). There were mountain tracks, city tracks, and racing circuits. On the mountain tracks there was traffic traveling in both directions which added a big element of risk to the racing. The city tracks also had traffic, but only in the same direction (racing down the freeway, essentially). Not only did you have to tame the road, but you had to contend with traffic as well, knowing when you could push it and when you should slow down a bit.

I would give almost anything to have the original NFS remade with the physics of LFS.

same but i wouldn't call NFS a racing sim
rather an arcade sim
Quote from ethan520 :same but i wouldn't call NFS a racing sim
rather an arcade sim

The first Need for Speed wasn't like the later ones. It was fairly realistic for the time. Not to the level of Indy Car Racing or the original NASCAR sims, but pretty good none the less. And it's one of the few games that had point to point tracks, traffic, and decent cars (Supra, NSX, Diablo, etc).
Here are a few video-pieces. First from the 70s, when the track was still sometimes used, but the tape ran out during the lap, so the author drove again there 10 years later, when the track was already in a horrible shape.
It's the same author as in the link above. You can click corners on the map to get to stereo-images of the corner.

Vain
Danke, Vain and Animal.
Quote from Mugna :...
But the Top Gear test track... just for fun, that live fors speed is

Fabio

Quote from Primoz :For that, we'd need a big AutoX area and TG's permission.

The Top gear track is certainly possible. To cut the long story short, the deal could be something like this:
If Top gear wanted to make a public version of the track LFS could provide the software for it. In simplest form LFS gets the track and the car (probably the Suzuki Liana) and Top gear gets a sim in which the viewers can try their skills and could try to beat the celebrities' (and Stig's) times. This wouldn't add the workload on devs on long term because the TG part would fully be integrated into LFS. No separate versions. LFS was downloaded just like now from lfs.net. All that is needed is the TG track environment and the car. And the track could be used as a environment for airfield tracks and autocrossing layouts (few could be provided as tracks by LFS devs).

Here's the catch: The TG car would be available in demo, but only offline and for that TG track only. For a TG hotlap competition, for example. The demo players got the Suzuki Liana on the TG track and the XFG/XRG/XRT on Blackwood. But with demo lisence you could drive the TG part just offline. Also no LFS cars on the TG track. Only S2 registered users could drive the TG track and the Liana online. I'm not sure about the Liana' specs but I guess it would be quite close to the UF1 . With top gear's track we could verify how accurate the physics in LFS, in arcade way at least. It would be interesting to see how close the lap times were, if the track was properly modelled. Not really anything scientific value but still something.

The fact that LFS is (basically) english helps too. I'm sure TG would prefer an english solution . And LFS would certainly get a lot of air time all around the world.
The "Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez" "Rodriguez Brothers Racetrack"

1992 last formula 1 race here.
Quote from Stage D : and a city with ai cars as civilians and cops...

'

ever been in carribean cruise server? Real people as cops, who give you real fines. Real people, 2 way streets..... check it out somtime?
Quote from Vain :Here are a few video-pieces. First from the 70s, when the track was still sometimes used, but the tape ran out during the lap, so the author drove again there 10 years later, when the track was already in a horrible shape.
It's the same author as in the link above. You can click corners on the map to get to stereo-images of the corner.

Vain

Where is that track and was it an old F1 track?

Also i would like to see old nurbering in, a spechaly designed karting track for MRT and something like brands hatch, good course with plenty of different corners and hills, also mabe a few more rally courses?
That was the Südschleife. The Nordschleife's less known brother. It was considerably smaller and located just south of it (they shared the start/finish straight), so still in the same area with it's challanging elevation changes. There were a few big races on it, but the track was later destroyed in favor of the new Nürburgring Grand Prix track.

Vain
god i should have known that

Thx for info though
Personally I would like to see a track based on a centre of a real city (street grid) which would allow free roam and say racers vs cops action. True - i am a NFS player - but that doesn't give you the in car feeling. I am a 3d artist myself and could help developing such a track. For me the best places to copy would be either London or Stockholm.
Proper Top Gear track
I want something nasty and dangerous !
Some japanese Touge style tracks, and some crazy mountain roads.
Something like Pikes Peak, where we can run the nasty cars!! Even pikes peak reversed would kick ass!

It's hard to say what would be a really good addition though,
there are so many different people with different ideas of what is fun.
Myself I can't stand the F1 style tracks with wide roads and large corners,
while I know many others do.

I think a good idea is to segment the game off a bit, into race, drift, drag, cop&robbers etc... I think this should be implemented into the multiplayer server list as filters.

Then develop speciffic tracks and maps for each segment.
Maybe a city map for cop&robbers. Race and drift go pretty much hand in hand track wise, but I want a bunch of twisty, narrow tracks for drifting purposes. Several airfield layouts for drag, and creating own layouts, as well as purpose built drag stadiums. We would need some good WRC rally courses for the ppl who like off road. Snow would be kewl, for use with studded tires.

For detail on the tracks themselves, I'd like a tad more realism, like wet spots,
uneven surfaces, varying asphalt quality stuff like that! Like another person said, even places where the course has "rubbered in".
i would really like to see a norwergian valley style track with lots of elevation changes, dangerous bends, and just enough space for two cars to pass.
i would say it will be a life saver for me, so i won't die racing on these roads in real life :eclipseeh
I'd like to see a winter track

Tracks we wanna see in S3
(509 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG