The online racing simulator
Quote from HittiS :Hey my mistake, ofcourse i meant Route66

I think its odd that two people both not living in the US think a Route 66 track would be cool. I didn't know the Route 66 legend extended past our borders. Cool.

I live uh, about .3 miles from a section of that road.
Quote from vpr01 :I see what your saying, but airfield tracks like Bedford Autodrome are great for rookies/noobs because they are so flat, and the run offs are massive, and dont punish you for spinning. The circuit layout is actually quite good.

My prob with airport tracks in sims/games has always been finding my turnin point. Soooo much concrete and such a narrow field of view.

I like the idea though. Would definitely be cool to have.
-
(Vain) DELETED by Vain
I always hated airport tracks cause of the narrow field of view, and setting the car up is difficult and to find the turn in points. And cause of this probs, i don't think that it would be such a good thing for rookies. Cause you don't really have an orientation on these tracks. Well anyway there surely are poeple who like those though.
Yeah I'd like a "route 66" course too.
that would a good idea it would be cool to have something like that.
you could have gas stations that were pits. And where it runs from
New Mexico to Arizona is some of the prettiest country I've ever seen.

The trouble is, how much space and memory would be required to make a course that was 150km long?
But real tracks? I dunno I think they ought to base a real track on Eric's aston tracks. And I also got a feeling with S-3, Eric will come up with something that will make people say... nordiwhat?
I was just watching some videos of all kinds of cars driving at Nordschliefe, and I have to say, if we had a similar track... regardless of length, all I would really want is something that has rapid change of elevation and proves to be very challenging because of the huge bumps and undulations that you always encounter.

Would be very fun to have. Otherwise, if it weren't a road course, make it rally, that would be nice .

But I see people suggesting a 'Route 66' type map... hmmm just as long as we get a few supercars that can go really fast, I'll vouch for that . But doing a huge super draft in slow cars would be sweet.
I want something with mountains and hills and elevation changes, and of course narrow roads. A really long road.

Other than the tracks, I really think that we need a sedan, I'm not talking about luxury, something like WRX STi or lancer evo. I mean, all the cars are 2 door...or no door. And maybe then whatever that car's name is going to be, make a GTR version as well??

I don't know, just giving some ideas.
As above:-

An alpine track, with 1000ft drops and sheer cliffs either side of the track,
hairpin after hairpin, and loads of tunnels !

If they put a bus in the game you could play out "The Italian Job" every night

And see if the FO8 really can drive upside down at 120mph

Or maybe the centre of London, past all the sights, and , even down into the Tube system (as in Midtown Madness).

Quote from Mazz4200 :An alpine track, with 1000ft drops and sheer cliffs either side of the track,
hairpin after hairpin, and loads of tunnels !

DEFINITELY always the type of track I like to play in any car games .

Hairpins going downhill or uphill are lots of fun.
what about tracks with cones in places to help rookies with their racing line, breaking points and turning points?
I want "hell-dammit-difficult" tracks made by Eric himself. No real ones.
Uphills ,downhills, chicanes,bumps,narrowing zones,windy sectors and , of course , RALLY TRACKS , with holes,long jumps,icy zones,muddy waters.
Quote from vpr01 :what about tracks with cones in places to help rookies with their racing line, breaking points and turning points?

You can do it with the autocross editor (shift+u), only someone got to do it. . Good idea.
All we need is a Nordschleife and a million new, realistic cars.
-
(Vain) DELETED by Vain
It would seem most people would like longer courses, so with that in mind I want to do the Gumball Rally, be it American or European!!!

Totally over the top but what the heck, everytime i blink hard drives are getting bigger and bigger!!!
Quote from Gunn :Some great suggestions here, but Airport tracks? Airport tracks are usually hated by drivers because they are bumpy, slippery, dangerous, and have no elevation changes. Most airport tracks suffer from unimaginative layouts as well. I recall reading comments by various drivers stating how much they loathed airport circuits and setting up the car was always a bit of guesswork. Are people suggesting these tracks because of the surrounding environment? I can see how that may be appealing. I'm yet to see a decent track utilising airport runways. (not refering to WW2 airfields that became cicuits like Goodwood, Silverstone etc). I can see how a change of track scenery is appealing in an aiport setting, though.

Airports can cause severe dangers when there are bad winds, see what I mean...
Attached images
053.JPG
-
(schofei) DELETED by schofei
It would be excellent to see a real track in LFS, especially something like the Nordschleife or Brands.

One thing I never want to see is tracks that have been converted from other games: You see this sort of thing in GPL and nascar games all the time, and most of them look like arse. Eric would have to make these tracks, and this means that the devs would have to fork out for a license for them, which is pricey.

How about we all pitch together and buy the rights for Eric to create the digital likeness of a track?
What LFS is missing at the moment is a 5km long tarmac track which:
- is very bumpy
- has no loong straights
- lots of altitude changes (jumps and sudden down/uphills)
- a lot of trees and other objects to prevent cutting

So a track perfect for a car with around 200-300hp and rwd

And FE black is not this...
I want to see tracks like this.

1. Gotland Ring. New track in Sweden
2. Scandinavien Raceway Anderstorp.
Attached images
banprofil_color2.jpg
banan_ny_store.JPG
Tracks for S3
What about tracks in the US. ROAD ATLANTA would be a great track for many of the cars.
Quote from Impexus :I want to see tracks like this.

1. Gotland Ring. New track in Sweden
2. Scandinavien Raceway Anderstorp.

That Gotland Ring looks cool, and has many combinations, would be good for LFS
-
(Vain) DELETED by Vain
The game needs a track like old Hockenheim.

Now before you reach for your barf bags, hear me out on this.

FO8 racing as it is now is by and large a survival game. Outside of the oval, even at Westhill, we're too busy dancing on the throttle and trying to keep the car under control to actually have a good race.

We need a track almost exactly like old Hockenheim. There should be a windy section to actually reward car control skills of the driver but there should also be a section with really long straights to allow drivers to think more about passing than about whether they can keep the car under control.

Oval racing isn't everyone's cup of tea, but right now it is the best if not only track suited to this car.
Quote from RacingSimFan :The game needs a track like old Hockenheim.
FO8 racing as it is now is by and large a survival game. Outside of the oval, even at Westhill, we're too busy dancing on the throttle and trying to keep the car under control to actually have a good race.

We need a track almost exactly like old Hockenheim. There should be a windy section to actually reward car control skills of the driver but there should also be a section with really long straights to allow drivers to think more about passing than about whether they can keep the car under control.

But isn't that Spa you're talking about?

So far people have suggested long and fast tracks and slow and painful tracks (like me too). Pain is good :bullwhip:
Definitely a Bathurst inspired course.

Long fast uphill sectoin with a dangerous, steep and twisty top section, followed by a huge downhill straight with a massive and frighteningly fast chase at the end.

Oh, and maybe a V8 to go with it

A modern F1 GP circut might be interesting too for the fast open wheelers (maybe even faster ones in S3). Maybe inspired by Shanghai, Bahraine or Magny Cours.
A 14 mile German track with a 172 turns.
Quote from ajp71 :A 14 mile German track with a 172 turns.

What an amazing idea! Now only if there was a track like that in real life, which we could pay to drive our own cars around...
Quote from spookthehamster :What an amazing idea! Now only if there was a track like that in real life, which we could pay to drive our own cars around...

such track exists, and you can drive on it with you car... it's a kind of toll road now...
Nurburgring Nordschleife 13 miles, 73 bends

Tracks we wanna see in S3
(509 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG