The online racing simulator
Quote from M. Oliver :Dear LFS Team
Live For Speed is the best racing simulator in the world, I'm sure!!!
But I think something is missing: The Nürburgring + Nordschleife!!!!
PLEASE make this tracks in on of the NEXT PATCHES!!!!
!!!!!PLEASE!!!!!
Thx M. Oliver

Make the cheque payable to:

"Scavier isn't made of money, and these things are expensive",
c/o Scawen Roberts,
A recently refurbished house that makes baby noises,
Twickenham
London
England
Quote from farcar :Definitely a Bathurst inspired course.

Long fast uphill sectoin with a dangerous, steep and twisty top section, followed by a huge downhill straight with a massive and frighteningly fast chase at the end.

Oh, and maybe a V8 to go with it

A modern F1 GP circut might be interesting too for the fast open wheelers (maybe even faster ones in S3). Maybe inspired by Shanghai, Bahraine or Magny Cours.

I'm with you on that, bathurst is one amazing track
Philip island is also a nice track, dunno how it would suit for car racing (is it possible it's meant for motorcycles?). has lots of ups and downs, fast, sweeping turns, hairpins
A verry long (10-15 mile) track, very tight but very smooth 21st century núrburgring ( is that spelt rite?)illepall
I think there should be a south city configuration : "the whole city"
wouldn't that be just ......"GREAT".....???
Quote from lavigne165 :I think there should be a south city configuration : "the whole city"
wouldn't that be just ......"GREAT".....???

Yes it would, and at the same time open up Fern Bay, Aston, Kyoto and so on. Would be fun
I'd love these track :
-Bathurst ou a bathurst like track (for exemple like blue mountain raceway in forza)
-Laguna seca (or a copy of a fictional track that look like laguna)
-Surfer paradise city track
-A track based on a close road for racing in the mountain (like fuji for exemple) ideal for drift
-A complete offroad track
-A1 Alpine ring track
With tese tracks i'd like to see fictional 70's american muscle too (like 'vette and dodge charger mustang etc....)
and why not some 80's style car (initial d styled)
Ok, dreaming is free so here I go

Jarama (Madrid): Usually unknown great track with up & down hills and a damn fast finish straight.

And.. oh yes... THE RING
Link doesn't work. And seing Long in the name, does it have more layouts?
The physics engine doesn't support open tracks, sorry... Would be nice though, for qualifying or hot lapping, if you screw up a lap, just take a shortcut
What about more Aston configurations
There still seams that there are more possiblities at Aston for new tracks.
With the already popular North and Grand Touring proving that there are untapped depths.

Idea 1 is a combination of Club and Cadet. It would make new approaches to a lot of corners and make the tight hairpin pair of corners different.
Idea 2 is a combination of Cadet and the upper part of National. This would mean taking on the fast chicane in Club from the top hairpin and making it even more daring.
Idea 3, combine Kyoto National and GP Long making a monster course that would challange all drivers and allow some long endurance races.

Just and idea.

"LFS, the best racing sim EVER"
If they ever post a track editor other than the autocross one I will make several long freeway type tracks. I've always wanted to make tracks like that. I guess in certain places you could block off certain lanes to make the track more challenging... I think it'll be fun

It'll be like ridge racer but more realistic.. it would be cool if we could add traffic
The Nurburgring would be awesome (but perhaps a bit overambitious).

I reckon the Top Gear test track would be pretty cool
TG test track is useless, figure of 8.

I have an idea. I know we already have 3 brittish racing tracks but one more wouldn't hurt. One with KILLER uphils and downhills, tight, unforgiving, bad tarmac, challenging corners and series of corners, cambered outwards sometimes, etc. Aston is WAY too modern for that, Westhill is quite modern too, too wide at least, Blackwood was close but has been renovated since, quite wide now too. So basicly i'm saying to go back to the roots, S1 style. Narrow tracks that give the feeling of a rollercoaster BUT when you drive it right, hit the corner like a nail on it's head, it gives this FANTASTIC feeling of being the king of the world (or that corner ).

What do you think?
Quote from Primoz :TG test track is useless, figure of 8.

I have an idea. I know we already have 3 brittish racing tracks but one more wouldn't hurt. One with KILLER uphils and downhills, tight, unforgiving, bad tarmac, challenging corners and series of corners, cambered outwards sometimes, etc. Aston is WAY too modern for that, Westhill is quite modern too, too wide at least, Blackwood was close but has been renovated since, quite wide now too. So basicly i'm saying to go back to the roots, S1 style. Narrow tracks that give the feeling of a rollercoaster BUT when you drive it right, hit the corner like a nail on it's head, it gives this FANTASTIC feeling of being the king of the world (or that corner ).

What do you think?

A knockhill clone, you mean
I first thought of Brand's Hatch (guess what i watched on Eurosport yesterday ), but Knockhill comes close too. Donnington has a nice downhill section soon after the start too
I wouldn't mind seeing the track Road Atlanta, mainly because I have driven on it and It is an awesome track.
Quote from duke_toaster :A knockhill clone, you mean

Maybe Cadwell Park is closer to his idea http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... ;search=%20Cadwell%20Park

The in car commentary on this is quite funny too (although it is a very slow lap)

p.s this is one of the best tracks in GPL
One of my tracks like this one.
Attached images
rata2-sm.jpg
Wow, a nice design. Lots of tightening corners Maybe could flow a bit better (it has a lot of 'breaks' in it - hairpins, non-sweeping corners), but it would still be nice. It gives A LOT of passing oprotunities.
A mixed dirt/tarmac hillclimb such as Pikes Peak: Map / Video

Nordschleife, but that has already been mentioned.

A "Tough Trucks" stadium truck style racing area or 2, complete with jumps and whatnot. Link

Small (1/8 mile or so) oval track, with a possible figure 8 configuration with and without small ramps, to make things interesting. Example

More road courses, with large elevation changes. Example
Tracks I'd like to see
First of all, I'd like to see a track editor. That would be fantastic - and I'm not talking about an autocross editor.

Here are the tracks I'd like to see.

1. Sebring International Raceway with current AND with 1950's hairpin
2. Barber Motorsports Park. This is the #1 reason I play rFactor - so I can practice on this prior to actually racing it.
3. Homestead Speedway, Miami

Of course, the above are personal greedy reasons - I race those circuits, and I would love to have LFS as my "replacement" sim !

Circuits in the UK I'd like to see :

1. Silverstone - modern F1 wide circuit with lots of overtaking
2. Castle Combe - a "club" circuit with a very difficult blind off-camber corner
3. Goodwood - a "classic" circuit.
4. A Hillclimb - either Wiscombe or Prescott
5. A tough special stage rally course - such as Kielder forest in Scotland !

If I had all these SE US and UK circuits I'd retire from work and play LFS day in and day out. I might even cut down on real racing .......!
I'd love a really really long and narrow track, a la Nurburgring. Right now, even Fern Black doesn't come close to The Ring's length. Some rally tracks would be great too!

Tracks we wanna see in S3
(509 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG