The online racing simulator
I'd just like to see a new Eric creation. The only track I'm not fond of is the Westhill track. I don't know why, just doesn't float my boat.
Silverstone isn't a modern F1 circuit. It has been used for F1 for a while with practiacly no changes. It's still ran on an abandoned airfield. But i'd still like either one that is simmilar or a track that is more like one that i have described above. And we already have 2 modern racing circuits situated in England - Aston and Blackwood. Westhill may be modernized with a layout or two in the future too.

Fern Bay Black isn't the longest track in LFS anymore, Aston takes it's place. But Black is nicer for GTRs, that's true. Also try SO Long if you haven't, rollercoaster too :> An even scarier one
I'd like to seen any short oval for the UF1 bangers.

James
Attached images
Oval.jpg
great track yaamboo! what do you use to design tracks??
since its gonna be hard for the devs to afford a real track licence, what we could do is organize a little contest, each one of us just design a track and post it. then with a simple vote, the community decides which track is gonna appear in our beloved LFS. what do you think? of course the pbm is we cant see elevation on your track yaamboo, whereas a race track has to have elevations issue, do you guys now any simple tool to create race track or add elevation lines on a track like yaamboo's?
I used Photoshop for that one. Usually I draw the track first on paper, then scan it and redraw it in Photoshop.
Classics never die
Long enough, twisted enough - but still officially suited for F1: Monaco GP

Naturally our girlfriends should have a special spectator spot from a suite at Hotel Du Paris

-M
Quote from www_SoundChilds_net :Long enough, twisted enough - but still officially suited for F1: Monaco GP

Naturally our girlfriends should have a special spectator spot from a suite at Hotel Du Paris

-M

Monaco is not an F1 track
F1 is racing there for one simple reason
MONEY!
We have the City.
I still want Zolder.
Quote from Bluebird B B :Monaco is not an F1 track
F1 is racing there for one simple reason
MONEY!

Maybe true, but as there are quite many requests for narrow tracks with elevations I think Monaco would be cool because its just like that: narrow with elevations.

I also presonally prefer real world tracks over fictional ones as LFS is a more realistic sim than any other driving game I´ve tried - the very reason (in addition to the excellent online gaming interface) why I selected it

-M
I would really like to see a Touge style track... Long and very narrow track with lots of tight blind corners. If you know Best Motoring International, you know what im on about... The track should be just wide enough for 2 cars to go side by side. It will also be great for some drifting action!

A track like this will require lots of skills to go fast.
Nordschleife or similar

there is no other track that could compete with that
Yep, Bathurst or a fake Bathurst like in Forza as someone said previously. Even the Adelaide street circuit would be sweet. I made a mini version up on the autocross editor

PanterA
I know it's been suggested before, but something in a Finnish style; narrow, twisty, elevated with some nasty humps and with a couple of icy sections
Quote from Colin_Chapman :Nordschleife or similar

there is no other track that could compete with that

ill agree, definetly should make that track, or a one with very similar styling.
i think a modern f1 track like the today ones (bahrain, malaysia, hockenheimring) will be nice...... cause there is no really good track for the bf1 in lfs yet.....

mfg

trekker
i think something like hockenheim, like a new moderm circuit with wide run off areas, great track layout, etc..
There's a little track that's near me, very hilly, very challenging and I think it would transfer over to LFS really well. The one thing that would be a problem is getting the permission of the group that runs the track, to recreate it for a product that would be sold - I talked to them about making it for GPL and they didn't mind, but for LFS, well...

It's 1.6 miles long, 12 turns and near 100 feet, if not more of elevation change

This is the map of the track from the website.

http://www.atlanticmotorsportpark.com/images/AMP-Map.jpg

Think of it as a smaller, tighter, more demanding mosport, with bigger elevation change. The drop through turn 1 is unreal even going 60km/h
I don't have much track ideas but car ideas much more but that's not the idea of this topic.

I would like to see new oval track or long long straight for top speed testing. and much more long drag strip would be also nice.

Sprint track and ofrroad terrain / park would be also good. But the most I wanna see very very long track with very fast turns and small and bit bigger bumps. Like Nurburgring.

Let's hope the best and fear the worst
I'd like to see something like Mount Washington (very old video HERE).
Nürburgring Nordshleife
The two common most wanted tracks are probly Nurburgring, and a mountain pass (touge) track.

I want them both, really bad.
i'd have a japanese mounting for drifting and a city with ai cars as civilians and cops...
I'd like to see Bathurst. Love that track. Its sooo technical. Also some hillclimbs. The idea for a long narrow two lane twisty road is great idea, but should be both up and downhill. Going down can be more challenging than going up. Also, more erics maps particularly with a laguna seca corkscrew (but not laguna seca (boring except for the corkscrew).

I'd love to see Nurburgring, and no F1 tracks please. Done them to death.

On the track issue though, I would like to compliment Eric on his artistry. His tracks are brilliantly designed, and would make first class tracks in real life. Well done!!!

Ven
My idea for a track is a little different than the ones above.

I'm not suggesting a particular track. Rather, the dev's allowing others to make tracks themselves. Then we can have some real world tracks that aren't made by LFS dev's. Similar to the way GPL works. It's a game that's nearly 10 years old, and still has new tracks, or updates for tracks, coming out regularly. I don't think the Bathurst council, or the mayor of Suzuka is out hunting down the bastards that made their track for GPL and there's more people driving GPL at the moment than LFS.

I don't think we should be able to edit cars. I don't think we want to go down the rFactor route with 50 different mods. But having real world tracks with the cars we have would be a great inclusion to LFS.

IMHO, appart from the wet weather and sound, the only thing this game needs to be near-perfect is real world tracks, and if no money's being made off them, it can only be a good thing

Tracks we wanna see in S3
(509 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG