The online racing simulator
You guys need to brush up on ya defensive driving skills (j/k) - try lapping the road in the wrong direction (correct side of course) - now that is a challenge *waves*

Quote from XCNuse :slow: 5.05.xx laptime, earned 220 euro, that will get you about 2.6k euro an hour
fast: sub 3.xx laptime (was a 2.58.xx) earned 170 euro, that will get you about 3.4k an hour

Hehe - Very close to my calculations - 217E slow and 176E fast (from a standing start)
But have you tried FLAT out on the longest straight and doing handbrake turns at each end for 2.58.xx You might get a surprise on the result.
oh i know it can be done faster, thats just what i got, i know it can do under 2.55 laptimes
Attached images
clc.jpg

Another factor that I think contributes to people driving all over the road is the lack of centerlines around most of the track. I know the CLC crew has centerlines that can be downloaded and used, but personally, I don't wanna be hotlapping offline at another time and have those lines on the track! It's a shame there's no way to force the lines simply for the CC servers' use.
Quote from DrDNA :...but personally, I don't wanna be hotlapping offline at another time and have those lines on the track! It's a shame there's no way to force the lines simply for the CC servers' use.

Don't hotlap! Hotlapping is for wimps who can't handle being around other cars, LOL.

J/K'ing

This is a cry to the community and the civilians who are out there using this server. Please people, if you aren't going to play right and you are going to go out and lap the course like it was still a race server, at least STOP cutting to the wrong side of the barrier on the first bridge. This barrier will send you into a restricted area, it has done for me on several occasions when I first found the server. If you drive on the left of that barrier, I could care less about you loosing your car, but you could take someone else coming the other way out and cause him to lose his car. At least stop blatently driving on the wrong side of this barrier.
Quote :Found a lottery ticket? Take it to the appropriate shop to see if you've won a prize! This is just one of the quests we've added to the server's commands. Please, drive around, stop at unusual places, do unusual things and try to find all the hidden quests.

i think everybody knows about the lottery in the pits...but did somebody find the others already?
At the moment we only have the 2; lottery and bank.
I wrote the text without mentioning the amount to lure people into our trap :P
there has to be some other things becaue people get bored too easy u know...maybe make it like GTA...u get money for long jumps with your car...when ure on 2wheels etc...if u can code something like that it would be awesome
I think you should get ride of the map. If im running from the cops I should be able to have a chance of making a clean getaway. why should they know where I'm going. also if a cop wants to sit on the side of the road I should not have the heads up of where they are by looking at the map.
one more thing, sorry guys.

i know you start out with enough money to buy the UF 1 but if you have to leave for any reason and you loose your car in the begining it realy sucks. I sat on the server for over 30 min trying to get someone to lend me money so i could buy the uf 1. I think the uf 1 should be a default start car that you always have and just take money when you exit the server. I'd rather be with negative money and a uf 1 than looking like a jackass begging for money.
If there is an admin reading this could you please come to CLC server 1! As you can see im stuck between the pit lane and the road and i can't get out at all! I've tried using the barrier but it is too small and my car is no longer driveable so i cant hit it.

Edit: I meant server 1.. sorry admins

Edit 2: Nevermind, i waited a while and sold my car in the end. Bye bye FZ5
Attached images
Help!.JPG
just got banned from Server 2...
Officer Dean said he told me often to stop my car but i didnt...why should i? he didnt tell ME to stop my car he just posted stop your car and there were like 23 guys on the server everybody chatting and i wasnt the only car around there...then he rammed me...overtook me and stopped right in front of me (according to the rules ramming is allowed only in condition 4) so i told him all that and then i just got banned because i didnt want to pay the fine...i mean why should i? if he wants me to stop then tell me and not just post a damn message in the chat without the name of the car u want to stop! and when u ram (and according to the rules thats not allowed!!!) u shouldnt be an officer anyway...end of story? banned for 24hours and i lost my RB4 thanks to this Officer Dean
Great work guys! The server's are loads of fun! (kinda late, i know, but i only tried the server in the last few days)

A special thnx to Ray for loaning me a ride! Im gonna need another next time. :P

I shoulda read the rules a bit more carefully, i lost all my money pitting without being in a garage!! Where can I apply for a CLC loan? I have very good credit!
Quote from Belain :just got banned from Server 2...
Officer Dean said he told me often to stop my car but i didnt...why should i? he didnt tell ME to stop my car he just posted stop your car and there were like 23 guys on the server everybody chatting and i wasnt the only car around there...then he rammed me...overtook me and stopped right in front of me (according to the rules ramming is allowed only in condition 4) so i told him all that and then i just got banned because i didnt want to pay the fine...i mean why should i? if he wants me to stop then tell me and not just post a damn message in the chat without the name of the car u want to stop! and when u ram (and according to the rules thats not allowed!!!) u shouldnt be an officer anyway...end of story? banned for 24hours and i lost my RB4 thanks to this Officer Dean

as stated on the server. at no point did i ram you.

This should be discussed at the CLC forums if you have an issue with the rules.

http://z6.invisionfree.com/citylife/index.php?act=idx
COOP.. no map=ALOT more wrecks meaning ... no its a bad idea to get rid of it, if you dont want it then you can hide it, otherwise its a necesity because of the idiots

as for lending money, the only time i lend money is if i know someone/seen them online before, or ask for like 300 euro, its dumb to ask people for more than 1k euro or like last night... 6k euro, thats to many hours of work, no point in just lending it, not yet atleast
and the main reason why people have stopped lending money is because either they aren't payed back, or because the person asking for a loan is like OMGZ I LOST ME UF1 GIVZ ME SOM $$$$$ and spam that about 5 billion times and its just plain annoying

oh and i remember my suggestion ray, for the !help command, it should have a !rules command also, which displays speed limits, basic rules such as stay on the right side of road, how to leave the server properly (thats the most important), and some other basic information found on the website
main reason i say this, is because when you have people joining and they are like.. how come i can't drive this car and throw a fit, they start lagging up the server by trying to join with a car they haven't bought and it makes a mess, and sometimes some stay on for quite some time and just spam and make a mess
I got pissed from all the people losing their cars last time i was on. I'll nver loan anyone any money if i go on again. lost over 5k to LFSn00b.
ohhh yea.. ok, the disconnections and losing your car ... are a must go, fines.. okay, but i just lost my XFR and hardly got any money back, yes this has happened to several people, but... thats just not right, yes i've always agreed that its not fair, but its... really not fair at all that you get punished for something you have no control over, especially when you start getting into the top end expensive cars and get only half of what they are worth back...

i just lost an XFR and a UF1 in about 5 minutes, without any warning, my bar didn't even go up i just... got kicked off the server without any foresight, i dont mind losing the UF1, but what i hate the most about it is that i was in pitlane and just pulling into the pit garage and then right before i lose it... which was rediculous
It's a very harsh system and I still can't fathom why the penalty is so high, especially since I've yet to see it actually punish someone who's deserved it! It always seems to affect either the noobs that pit without knowing the rules, drivers that are knocked into restricted areas due to another driver or the catapulting barriers or those who are disconnected due to something beyond their control. It's obvious that an attempt has been made to keep wreckers, etc, under control, but now that the method of punishment has been tested on the public, IMO it's obvious it should be modified.

Two days ago I lost my LX4 because, while taking the corner onto the bridge from the 'proper' direction, I bumped the wall, not particularly hard, and it sent me into a barrel-roll through the air, followed by about 1/2 a second of spastic mid-air gymnastics and a fine. According to someone spectating, I was nowhere near a marshall, so I still don't know what happened, but naturally I was pretty annoyed, having driven less than a dozen laps in the thing.

I've heard there's going to be a money-wipe coming up soon, hopefully a new version will be implemented that DOESN'T punish its users so harshly.
no, there won't be a money wipe or anything of that sort, but a new "version" will come out by the infamous words from the devs and from this time rayfighter, "soon"
and hopefully this will sort who deserves to lose their car, and who doesn't
Quote from XCNuse :ohhh yea.. ok, the disconnections and losing your car ... are a must go, fines.. okay, but i just lost my XFR and hardly got any money back, yes this has happened to several people, but... thats just not right, yes i've always agreed that its not fair, but its... really not fair at all that you get punished for something you have no control over, especially when you start getting into the top end expensive cars and get only half of what they are worth back...

i just lost an XFR and a UF1 in about 5 minutes, without any warning, my bar didn't even go up i just... got kicked off the server without any foresight, i dont mind losing the UF1, but what i hate the most about it is that i was in pitlane and just pulling into the pit garage and then right before i lose it... which was rediculous

Oh dude that sucks I enjoyed renting that thing. Yea I agree disconnection fine should be lowered. Lets say you disconnect from a police chase you should automatically fined at least 5k. Disconnecting or Timed Out should be 500 which will help some people. Ive lost 3RB4s 2FXOs and idk how many UF1s lol and 2 XRTs because of connetion.
well.. phonso still has his XFR if you want to rent it, im just going to get this whole disconnection thing solved and hopefully not lose anymore cars and just save up in a UF1 for a GTR and buy one until this whole thing IS solved and so that people with GTRs can actually drive them and not be afraid of something like this happening (i was reading the other forum and there are several people that feel that way, that just sit in their garages with a car and never leave because they are afraid it will happen)

owell, i've lost a couple of UF1s, 3 XRTs, 2 LX6s, and an XFR, i have around 62k euro and im going to save it all up until this gets sorted
until then i wont be driving anything BUT uf1s
What an awful server honestly?

Since I've been there I've seen nothing but trouble among users and constant squabbling over really petty stuff. And today to top it off I think I received a ban from MaxH, the reason being I wasn't happy with another user calling me a f-ing bitch for the whole world to read.

I did however not swear or become aggressive in anyway but perhaps became a little pushy when i started to question MaxH's administration skills on the server. Needless to say I was told i was 'out of here' and did the deed myself and jumped ship.

It feels alot like many of the drift servers or Cops n Robber servers, where if you're not very well known among that part of the community your opinion is virtually worthless and you're treated with no respect what so ever.

Sorry again MaxH if i seemed to have 'annoyed' you, but telling me to 'stfu before i lose my temper' isn't really the best way to go about it now is it? You're not exactly making yourself the most popular cat in town with that sort of attitude. And with someone of your age I did expect better to be honest.
it still only in beta, there are many problems that still have to be solved etc.
but as for much crap that Max puts up with at times, you can't really blame him at all
as for questioning his authority.. thats like going up to your queen and saying you suck i could do a better job.. i dont think anyone would be to pleased about that would they?
(yes its extreme but it gets the point across)

surely there is more to the story about this other person that started this whole thing about calling you names etc. and im sure that started it up
on that server, if you dont do what your told.. you're pretty much gone, which seems as far as i've seen it has seemed fair because the people that have been banned have deserved it by doing just plain rude things or not following the rules at all even when they are talking to an admin..
there isn't tooo much give in the servers, but although may seem as a negative to some people is turning out to be a big positive, its like the seperation of those who dont give a damn, to those that actually care and want to see this idea be expanded, and possibly become part of the game itself, because i will say that it does make the cars in LFS a ton more interesting
The story is as follows (in short)

A user by the name of Tiger something or another wanted money from a fellow team mate of mine, i disagreed (right or wrong I'm not sure) and told him not to pay him. The user by the name of Tiger then started hurling insults at me along the lines of 'f-ing bitch' and 'stfu its not my concern'. So I told him not to speak to me like that because its unacceptable.

Soon to follow MaxH pointed out that I shouldn't tell everyone how to run 'our' server (Whatever that meant?) And that If I didn't 'stfu' id see a ban coming my way shortly.

I only questioned the fact that he refused to deal with Tiger and solely focused on me with the intention of banning me. Very biased might I add, but o well I'm not at loss.

I feel ashamed that Ive even posted this to be completly honest, I now feel petty but very annoyed at the same time o well like i said not my loss
yea that was a little beyond; as for the whole thing with the other person, same thing happened to me the other day i was just like.. fine whatever.. blah blah blah

as much talking goes on, i bet he missed it and thought you said it or.. owell i dont know, no reason to go into this i guess.. mistakes happen

CLC's new server opens Saturday the 16th @ 20:00 GMT
(438 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG