LG
I don't have one
BenQ Siemens
Ericsson
Lobster
NEC
Phillips
ZTE
Got a Samsung D600 for Xmas, since I couldn't hear my old LG thing when it rang! I wanted one with a camera since I don't have a seperate camera, but I wasn't so fussed about MP3s since I have an MP3 player anyway. I also wanted to keep using my old SIM since I can actually remember the number
Quote from Hyperactive : Iirc Siemens sold its mobile division or somethint because I haven't seen new Siemens phones...

Siemens Mobile joined with BenQ last year and they already filed for bankruptcy.
OK guys, here comes one pretty old - I had my amazing Alcatel OT512 for almost 4 years and never wanted to get a new one. It broke couple of months ago , so I "upgraded" to Siemens MC60....
#79 - JTbo
Quote from mrodgers :Now let me get this straight. You say you pay (assuming 60 minutes) 4,8€/month, as in $6.33 US dollars? Damn, cell phones are cheap over there, eh? Mine is a pay-as-you-go, meaning I have to buy a 2 month card (in 60, 90, 120, etc minute cards). I can choose the minutes amount, but the cards are for 2 months or you can buy a year's worth. That is the cheapest (unless you use it constantly) I've seen cell phones over hear. Generally, cellular runs (just pulling a number out of the air) $40-60 per month. That usually gets you hundreds of minutes, or unlimited even. I have no use for a cell phone though, only to have on me in emergencies (ie, "honey, did you say we needed bread?). Perhaps if I had grown up the teenage/college years in the cellphone era, I'd be lost without one, but like our grandparents and computers, I could really care less and think it's a waste of money (my teenage/college years were the start of the computer era )

Actually that did not include phone itslef yet, just talking part, you can get cheap new phone for 50€ here (very basic, but does well this phone part), you just pay once from it and it is yours after that, do what you like, good for balancing table etc.
We can assume tjat phone lasts easily 3 years that is then 50/3 = 16,66 / 12 = 1,39€/month so rather cheap I would say, even my income is quite non existent currently I don't need to worry much of my phone bill anymore.

I did try to look what your phone would cost here, but it is not sold here, closest is perhaps 2310 that is around 75€, I think phones here might be bit cheaper, calling is lot cheaper, but at least year ago big plasma tv was so much cheaper in new york that it would come cheaper to get into plane and go there to buy it than buy in here and we can leave cars out completely, you pay 35 000 from SUV that costs here 90 000
@JTbo, yes I was talking of the cell service, not cost of phone. Phones are around $30-50 (with a service contract usually). And SUV's are like cell phones. No one needs them, but everyone has to have one, hehe. People just have stuff like that so they can be "cool". SUV's, cellphones, they all come from the "I'm cool" mentality.

Funny thing is, just before the Christmas break at work (2 weeks off), I had to sign a policy at work about cell phone use. I said I wasn't signing because I don't even have a F'ing cell phone. Guess that changed now, hehe.
Quote from mrodgers :@JTbo, yes I was talking of the cell service, not cost of phone. Phones are around $30-50 (with a service contract usually). And SUV's are like cell phones. No one needs them, but everyone has to have one, hehe. People just have stuff like that so they can be "cool". SUV's, cellphones, they all come from the "I'm cool" mentality.

Funny thing is, just before the Christmas break at work (2 weeks off), I had to sign a policy at work about cell phone use. I said I wasn't signing because I don't even have a F'ing cell phone. Guess that changed now, hehe.

Some people do need cell phones, especially business workers.
#82 - JTbo
Quote from Chris758 :Some people do need cell phones, especially business workers.

Sure they do, it has changed our world a bit, you are always available now, even when you are travelling from to customers or at customers you need to be able to check latest prices and availability of products etc. It was easier before when you took things they need to paper, then go to office and there was always enough stuff on stock too, I kind of miss that world.

But it sure makes some things possible, calling for help for example, if you had accident at contryside you just had to try and survive when there was -20C freezing weather and hope that someone comes, now you just call for help, rather good thing.
Sony K700i, was good until it went through the wash.
Quote from mrodgers :And SUV's are like cell phones. No one needs them, but everyone has to have one, hehe. People just have stuff like that so they can be "cool". SUV's, cellphones, they all come from the "I'm cool" mentality.

For SUVs I can share your point, they don't have a real use, because there are other types of cars which are far better than this, but cell phones are by far more than a useless gimmick. You can call and be called (that is, if you want, else you can simply turn off the phone) at much more locations than before and you aren't restricted to home phones or phone booths. That actually alerady saved me some trouble, when my car broke down with 5km to go to the next town. I could simply call my parents to tow me back home instead of walking the 5km or hoping for a tow-truck to come by and give me a free ride home.
In one point you're right though: Today's mobile phones have a lot of stuff you don't really need on a phone (I like the organizer and alarm clock functionality though)
my dads got that phone
Quote from joen :

Sony Ericsson W810i. Lovely phone, I really like it.

my dads got that phone
My phone: Nokia 2125i
My dad's is a Motorola RAZR
Nokia 6230i here.. Bought it while i was in army, to kill the boredome.. It's a good and reliable phone, but has a few irritating things.. It gets to slow when you fill the card... I have about 10, 15 megabytes free out of 64(32 sim card, 32 mmc card) and it became really slow now.
When you write a message, it remembers that message and when you want to write a new one, you have to do "options/clear text", really irritating, not to mention that it got me in some bad situations when i gave someone to write a message from my phone and they see a previous one..

Sony-ericsson K750i
a dumb Motorola V220

and im kinda mad cause my sister took my charger for it, and now the battery is dead.. and shes out of town for the next few days... ehh
I have got this one . It is 2 and a half year old now ... next week iam getting this one . I can't wait to finally have it home as i don't have a camera nor an MP3 player so i hope it'll do the jobs =)
The white one is a Sony Ericsson T230 , its a good little phone ,it has V-Rally 2 in it . I have already downloaded more than 20 MBs of games for the W810i hehe I just hope they'll work :P

what phone have u got?
(249 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG