The online racing simulator
Quote from Kegetys :Bad thing about this though is that the drivers helmet is still drawn (assuming you have the driver on) and parts of it come visible annoyingly when you have G-forces moving the view...

selecting move with animation doesnt fix that?
Quote from Scawen :ALT+F4 results in a fast safe exit (misc option)

i was too late to reply to youre original thread about this and i am one of those who used the old alt-f4 view
preferably you could map the old alt-f4 functionatly to some key close to 'home' or even better change the function of home to not only focus on your own car but also switch to the default view

and like so many others here id also like to have my real mirrors and virtual ones at the same time
Hi, I`ve found that if ur watching a SPR and press ESC/Options, you cant see "Player" and "Controls" options but you can select them by pressing the new Up/Down arrows.
May sound odd, but I was just about to ask for a quick exit feature like there is now...

Sometimes when I'm angry about my bad driving (mostly hotlapping) I need to quit as quick as possible!

Thank you Scawen (mindfreak) for that quick exit option!

edit: +1 real mirrors and virtual ones at the same time (as an option maybe)
Quote from Shotglass :i was too late to reply to youre original thread about this and i am one of those who used the old alt-f4 view
preferably you could map the old alt-f4 functionatly to some key close to 'home' or even better change the function of home to not only focus on your own car but also switch to the default view

SHIFT+F1 goes to your preferred driver view anyway.

And you can program any key to do /view=heli or whatever.
Quote from Esrever :Scawen,

Just noticed something, the sound completely stops when slowing down or speeding up a replay. Didn't test this with the previous patches yet.
Bug or feature?

Thats because of some new sound things, it is supposed to be like that now
Is there any way to have both real and virtual mirrors? In some cars I cant see the real mirrors very clearly, so I have a virtual mirror, but I still like seeing at least part of the real mirrors. Could there be a both option please?
That was a whole page back, don't expect me check all the way back there!

(doh)
I've still noticed a couple of sound glitches every now and then on my laptop (hp TC4200, SoundMAX). I'd say once every one or two laps, nothing major just a few crackles.

Also, not sure if this related, but since U25 (and now U27) I sometimes get real bad steering lag, like the wheel stutters and the throttle and brake don't respond and I end up in the armco. I'm using mouse control BTW.
i suspect that a d3d.dll by the mblur plugin thats causing that...
u should restore normal dll...
when you hit esc the chat messages reappear when you go to the options screen
Quote from 96 GTS :Is there any way to have both real and virtual mirrors? In some cars I cant see the real mirrors very clearly, so I have a virtual mirror, but I still like seeing at least part of the real mirrors. Could there be a both option please?

Yeah! I want that option, virtual-real mirrors.
Quote from Scawen :Changes from U20 to U25 :

Engine can now be heard from a greater distance

Had a league race tonight with the FO8s and didn't want to use U27 because of that wierd graphics bug. But I was using U25 for the race, and at the finish where everyone was bunched up with idle engines, my car's engine could not be heard until I got REALLY close from the track camera viewpoint. It seems that only when I was closer to other cars and their engine noises were playing, the engine noise from my car could not play unless I got closer. Don't know exactly what it is, but my Audigy should be capable to play a lot of sounds at once I imagine. Might want to look into this... because LFS felt kind of hungry for resources and only played a limited amount of sound.

EDIT: Oh also. I don't know if this is a feature but when playing SPRs (eg hotlap atm), when fast forwarding the sound is cut off at 2x or higher. Before, when the sound would play at a faster rate when fast forwarding, I guess it worked fine, but is this to prevent the game from studdering when playing at a high rate? If not, then the sound cuts out for me when fast forwarding

EDIT2: Okie dokie Boosted, nm then
Quote from Tweaker :
EDIT: Oh also. I don't know if this is a feature but when playing SPRs (eg hotlap atm), when fast forwarding the sound is cut off at 2x or higher. Before, when the sound would play at a faster rate when fast forwarding, I guess it worked fine, but is this to prevent the game from studdering when playing at a high rate? If not, then the sound cuts out for me when fast forwarding

has been said many time before, its a feature
I always use ALL mirrors. I do this because the "real" rear view mirror is way too small. I installed U27 and first thing I did on-line was cause a major pileup.
If you MUST have one or the other, add an option to enlarge the Real mirror.

Hmm,
U27 was installed for about 5 minutes (mirrors are very bad)
U25 was installed for about 8 minutes (would not let me downshift fast)
U22 was installed for about 2 minutes. Here the Sound was horrible, I had random black bars running across my screen (only happened in LFS) and my sound card said F**K this and I had to re-boot my system to get sound back.
U20 Installed since the day it came out and I am still running it.

I am waiting for U28 or U29 for those mirrors to be fixed. :Kick_Can_
Quote from skstibi :Hmm,
U27 was installed for about 5 minutes (mirrors are very bad)
U25 was installed for about 8 minutes (would not let me downshift fast)
U22 was installed for about 2 minutes. Here the Sound was horrible, I had random black bars running across my screen (only happened in LFS) and my sound card said F**K this and I had to re-boot my system to get sound back.
U20 Installed since the day it came out and I am still running it.

I am waiting for U28 or U29 for those mirrors to be fixed. :Kick_Can_

These are all test patches... They are highly likely to contain bugs... It's like you are complaining that water is wet. Stop being a little spoiled princess!
Quote from Scawen :
Messages are hidden in the ESCAPE menu

Nice.
But when i go to options menu (Audio, Screen...etc.), messages is not hidden.

btw, +1 for real mirrors and virtual ones at the same time...
Quote from Bob Smith :That was a whole page back, don't expect me check all the way back there!

(doh)

No... it's just... a severe bug, that I don't have a clue about.

Do any of you who have had the white entry screen, know a way to reproduce it?
Quote from Tweaker :Had a league race tonight with the FO8s and didn't want to use U27 because of that wierd graphics bug.

Hmm... are you talking about the white screen?

Although I posted about that two posts back, I notice that Electrik Kar says it's not U27 related, but something that has always happened with ALT+TAB. I guess we shouldn't worry about this then, without any more evidence, even if two people got it recently for the first time.
I don't know if this has anything to do with the new U27 patch (which is what i was using at the time) but i got an error when i was hotlapping in Fern Bay with the FXR.

I took a screenshot of the initial error and i hope this can help.
Attached images
error.JPG
Quote from Gabkicks :i dont know what is causing it... it is shifting way faster than 200ms and it still double upshifts.

i attached a small video to show. it is about 2mb.

Thanks for the report. Guess what - I had not used the debounce_ms setting, in the actual debounce code. It was just fixed at 50 ms regardless of your setting. This will be fixed in U28.
Quote from alco64 :I don't know if this has anything to do with the new U27 patch (which is what i was using at the time) but i got an error when i was hotlapping in Fern Bay with the FXR.

I took a screenshot of the initial error and i hope this can help.

Unfortunately that isn't the right info.

You needed to click on the "click here" button then click once more on the following screen, and it would have given you a crash address.
ahhhh dammit. Sorry.
If it ever happens again i'll do that.
This thread is closed

Cleanup : Posts moved here after processing
(1871 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG