The online racing simulator
Number of fuel inside the engine? What?

I don't think LFS fuel modelling is detailed enough to consider the fuel residing in the pipes. It's simply a tank, and if that tank gets empty => engine=off.

If you leave the pits, of course you have a set amount of fuel. That's what you set with the Fuel% in the garage.
Quote from AndroidXP :Number of fuel inside the engine? What?

I don't think LFS fuel modelling is detailed enough to consider the fuel residing in the pipes. It's simply a tank, and if that tank gets empty => engine=off.

If you leave the pits, of course you have a set amount of fuel. That's what you set with the Fuel% in the garage.

OT: yeah dude im not that dumb (i mean "and if that tank gets empty => engine=off" what the heck ? lol are you sure?) what i mean is when i put 100% of fuel inside and pit-out, theres only 95% left (BF1). I just want to know, where are these 5% gone? I cant test it now to get sure because im at work but i remember it was like that.
It's not a BUG, it was a driver error

Sorry for the waste of time.
Ah okay. Well yes, that would be a bug.
Quote from CharlieP :
I didn't have 11% when I left the pits, so it's a BUG!

Is that what im talking about?

We need a expert here and i need to get home and try that again

Edit:

ok now i get it, 100% are 95 liters of fuel right? (bf1) never checked that before

But there are 2 more questions remain for me: check the picture, the fuel in tank display at the wheel is different to the F12 infopage and what about the green surrounded value? Could not figure out whats that for.
Attached images
Unbenannt.jpg
-
(510N3D) DELETED by 510N3D : double post (timeout)
The green circled number is laps left on the fuel you have!

i.e. 3.7L(aps)

The problem is, that in German the common used short term for litre is just l, instead of ltr. So I can see how L(aps) could be confused with L(iter) (<- German)
ok thanks alot now im a pro-noob

damn language barriers everywhere
i posted this also in the spinoff vista section but i'll post it here as well

well i just installed Windows Vista Ultimate RC1 Build 5600 (x86 32-bit) (1 september 2006 build) and LFS U20 works just fine in single player and online.. i have a geforce 6800LE and i used beta nvidia vista drivers.. also unlocking to S2 worked without any problems..

since vista is pretty heavy the fps was alot lower compared to XP .. also i noticed a huge difference in FPS when it comes to single player vs multiplayer.. multiplayer is alot slower then single player..
Quote : /press [key] - simulate key press

Was using this earlier this evening Scawen and I realized that it doesn't exactly have a repeat rate for if you set it to "left" or "right" for example, like when you are in the F11 menu or F12 pit menu and trying to change options. I found this /press function to be useful for changing the menu options with a pov hat, but it is 1 press each time to change something. Have I missed something, and is there some way to make it repeat? Because someone online said they got it working illepall (I'd imagine if there was a repeated press, it would be too easy for someone to spam messages, but if the arrow keys were only able to be repeated, that would be ok)... Is there some way of doing this?
Are there any servers with test patch U20 b/c I can't find any
Just found out that a previously reported bug is still there:
If you assign the arrow keys on your keyboard (to steer left/right), the F12 menu doesn't work: You can't change the values with the left and right key. The car will steer instead.

This makes sense in a way, but isn't really useful. Now comes the real problem: If you switch to wheel, the F12 menu doesn't work either, even though the keyboard steering isn't used at all.

I don't know how many people use the arrow keys to steer, but I guess specially new racers will be used to that from other games.

How to reproduce:
  • Go to controls and set to keyboard
  • Assign the following keys:
    steer right -> right arrow
    steer left -> left arrow
  • join a Multiplayer game and click F12
    -> car will steer instead of changing settings

• now go to controls and switch to wheel
    -> F12 will not work aswell
AFAIK you have to press shift + arrow keys to use them when they're assigned to steering. I agree, it doesn't make sense that you also have to do this when using a wheel, but seriously, if you use the wheel, just rebind/unbind these keys. It's not like that is a hard-to-solve problem.
Quote from ORION :Just found out that a previously reported bug is still there:
If you assign the arrow keys on your keyboard (to steer left/right), the F12 menu doesn't work: You can't change the values with the left and right key. The car will steer instead.

This makes sense in a way, but isn't really useful. Now comes the real problem: If you switch to wheel, the F12 menu doesn't work either, even though the keyboard steering isn't used at all.

I don't know how many people use the arrow keys to steer, but I guess specially new racers will be used to that from other games.

How to reproduce:
  • Go to controls and set to keyboard
  • Assign the following keys:
    steer right -> right arrow
    steer left -> left arrow
  • join a Multiplayer game and click F12
    -> car will steer instead of changing settings

• now go to controls and switch to wheel
    -> F12 will not work aswell

What is possibly mre important: steering or adjusting values in a menue you maybe need once or twice a race?
Quote from bbman :What is possibly mre important: steering or adjusting values in a menue you maybe need once or twice a race?

Do you have the F12 menu open all the time? illepall

I didnt know about the Shift+arrow key thing, thats a nice thing even though people who dont know this, will be confused and post bug reports that the F12 menu isnt working
I think that the U20 Patch is causing much more disconnects. I'm going to deinstall it to see if it changes.
Can anybody say where are all the settings for the controller and stuff so that I have not to make it again?
Quote from tomylee :I think that the U20 Patch is causing much more disconnects. I'm going to deinstall it to see if it changes.
Can anybody say where are all the settings for the controller and stuff so that I have not to make it again?

i dont think they have changed anything at the netcode btw this has been discussed several times in other threads maybe you find something there mate.

Quote :Question: Has the latest patch changed the turbo modeling of the XRT? I get a little more boost shown on the gauge AKA the needle goes a little off the scale

i dont think so because the patches are compatible so there would be a missmatch or something like that.
I'm almost sure that the Patch causes the disconnects. With the standard version I have them very rarely, can easy go 2 hours but with the patch I'm happy to stay on the server for an hour often I can't stay for 20min.
Is there going to be a scripts thread?

Just asking because i'd like to assign a key to select a gear for fast downshifts with the open wheelers.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Test Patch U21
WARNING : THIS IS A TEST WHICH IS LIKELY TO HAVE PROBLEMS

The sound system now works in a very different way! It's just the same old sounds but they don't use a prediction based on a position reported by Windows, instead they use a callback. This is supposed to fix the Windows Vista sound bug, and should, I hope, provide more responsive sound in other versions of Windows as well, and possibly give slight performance increase. But the changes are extensive and different parts of the program are trying to run at the same time, so there really might be some mysterious problems. There is no more "Sound Lag" slider bar.

CHANGES :

New strings for buttons : end race, spectate, join (were shared)
New string "play" instead of "OK" button in replay select screen
HLVC : NEXT lap is now not invalidated by driving the wrong way
S2 users can now see and join S1 hosts in List of Games screen
S1 users can now use the automatic skin download system
Included Czech translation of training lessons

FIX : When REV config replay was selected, REV was not displayed
FIX : When there were no SPR replays, MPR vanished from ALL view
FIX : Rare problem causing your car to vanish on other computers
FIX : Could not view user names in replay if MP mode was Demo
FIX : Bug in camera position height part of sound calculation
FIX : Unlocking is now possible in Windows Vista 64-bit
FIX : Sound should now work correctly in Windows Vista

NOTE : Translatable text updated

DOWNLOAD :

TEST PATCH U21 :
www.liveforspeed.net/file_lfs.php?name=LFS_U21_TEST.zip

DEDICATED HOST U21 (for hosting only) :
www.liveforspeed.net/file_lfs.php?name=LFS_S2_DEDI_U21.zip
Quote from Scawen :...

thanks Scawen! Works a treat!
Runs fine so far. No sound problems noticed.

Jakg, was it really necessary to quote Scawen's post? ;)
I've started a U21/S1 server. It's there in S1 mode, and I can join it no problem, but can't see it in the list of servers when S2 is selected.
This thread is closed

Cleanup : Posts moved here after processing
(1871 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG