The online racing simulator
Excuse if this was missed somehow. I searched the word 'track' in this thread and didn't find any mentions. But is this the first step to allowing modded tracks into the game?
-
(superlame) DELETED by superlame : oops.. wrong thread -> moved to Mods System Bug Reports
Quote from Scawen :[..]I think it may be a good idea to discuss mods in the Work in Progress sub-forum to get feedback from the community before submitting the mod for review.

This is a very good idea, maybe make it a mandatory condition?

Not only "outsourcing" a (small) part of the review process, but also might help to filter out ripped content.

In any case, glad to see you guys finally opened this new path in the life of LFS. There are many extremely talented and passionate creators around the world, I have seen this countless of times in AC scene. Curious to see where it will go. All the best, looking forward for the first proper releases.

PS: and also we need some "Like"-like functionality for the posts Big grin
Quote from scania :I had make the default skin but it still can't found, what's matter it is?

That message means that file is not found in your data\skins folder

Quote from scania :how to install the 7z file in to the game? I forgot which video said this & I can't found it back

You should not need to do that for your own local testing, just click "TEST mod in LFS".
Quote from cuni :Oh Scawen thanks for the lush of fresh air coming in. Glad to see light and hope for the community to get back together. Congrats

now what was needed was to gather more Portuguese and come back by LFS Portugal again at the TOP Smile

Maybe we could organize our "formula E" in LFS ? šŸ˜

scave i have a question
Inside the LFS Editor you can remove things from other LFS cars to apply to a car

I'm wanting to make an XRT Rally inspired little by the Rally1 models from 2022, and wanted to take XRR's Rollbar and apply it to XRT.

I've already got the steering wheel, gearshift and seats, but I don't know how to apply rollbar Frown
Is there any option that we can copy in this case Rollbar from XRR to XRT?
Is there a way to use mods that are not approved on your own private server with friends?

i have a another problem now, when i save the car the model looks smooth
Quote :New packet size byte - now represents packet size divided by 4
This allows larger packets up to 1020 bytes (old limit was 252)

Is it safe to assume the relay will still exist in the new world order? And is there any possibility to default servers into the relay unless private or explicitly disabled?

The only reason Iā€™m asking is that with no dcon this makes the relay a more valuable tool for testing libraries, etc.
Quote from the_angry_angel :Is it safe to assume the relay will still exist in the new world order? And is there any possibility to default servers into the relay unless private or explicitly disabled?

The only reason Iā€™m asking is that with no dcon this makes the relay a more valuable tool for testing libraries, etc.

Hi TAA! Yes, the relay works also with the new hosts, however there's no full support for the new sizebyte yet. It's coming up.
Quote from joaopaulopt :Maybe we could organize our "formula E" in LFS ? šŸ˜

Yes, it's called E-Challenge and the second edition is coming soon Wink
Quote from Victor :Hi TAA! Yes, the relay works also with the new hosts, however there's no full support for the new sizebyte yet. It's coming up.

<3
So after doing some racing with old GP car (massive fun car to drive) I've got a bugging feeling that something was off.

I cant say what, just a feeling that tyres didnt really connect to the road as I would expect them to, especially as the pressure they were. That high tyre on that kind of pressure, you'd expect it to sag a bit on bottom and move around a bit on corners, but it didnt.

I had 100 kpa front tyres.

Maybe im just talking bullshit, but its whats on my mind.
Quote from Draggo :you need manually change (copy/paste/rename) knw file

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, but will mods come with knw files eventually?
Or will we always need to manually create them?
would be cool to create a separate category of mods, where people can just publish their own configurations of original cars with the original model, but different config (engine configs, swaps, suspension) that way you won't be downloading the same 3d model of a car, but just a config to it, something like this
-
(kagurazakayukari) DELETED by kagurazakayukari : Not a typical result
Quote from NumberTwo :So after doing some racing with old GP car (massive fun car to drive) I've got a bugging feeling that something was off.

I cant say what, just a feeling that tyres didnt really connect to the road as I would expect them to, especially as the pressure they were. That high tyre on that kind of pressure, you'd expect it to sag a bit on bottom and move around a bit on corners, but it didnt.

I had 100 kpa front tyres.

Maybe im just talking bullshit, but its whats on my mind.

There is a very long story about this. It starts with a VW Scirocco, that we discovered highlighted some flaws in the tyre physics system. Maybe we told the truth and weren't just holding back the Scirocco because we are liars who enjoy torturing the community. Big grin

Quote from farcar :Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, but will mods come with knw files eventually?
Or will we always need to manually create them?

I've made a note about this, it may be possible to include a knw generator. The existing knw generation system is very slow, takes a few minutes to generate each knw file as it adjusts the curves bit by bit in every direction, keeping the lines ones it predicts will produce better lap times for that particular car. Maybe a quick version could be provided, that does a rough path. No promises but I do have a note on my list to look at it, obviously not very high priority yet.
How close can we get to real life cars without having copyright issues, or mod getting denied? Can it be a 1:1 model of a real car blueprint, without badging, or it has to have some noticeable differences?
#69 - Gunn
Quote from AkoLemon :How close can we get to real life cars without having copyright issues, or mod getting denied? Can it be a 1:1 model of a real car blueprint, without badging, or it has to have some noticeable differences?

Here's a snip from Scawen's earlier thread.

Quote from Scawen :

- The mods system is only for S3 licensed users.
- We will not allow real car names or logos, unless permission is proved during the submission process.
- We will not allow meshes converted from other games, unless permission is proved during the submission process.
- There will be limits (e.g. triangle count and texture size) so the mods are quick to download.

Thanks,

Scawen

So I read that as meaning; as long as you model it yourself and don't use badges, logos, brand or names of the car which 'inspired' your model.
You can also use an imported model made by someone else, but you must provide the correct license information. Something like I did with the STOCK CAR 03.
-
(Scawen) DELETED by Scawen : thank you for the replies - no longer relevant
-
(DeXteRrBDN) DELETED by Scawen : thank you for the replies - no longer relevant
-
(NumberTwo) DELETED by Scawen : thank you for the replies - no longer relevant
Hi Guys, Suspension question for you guys. What would i use for a VN commodore, specifically the 1991 group A race car? i think its a live rear axle semi trailing arm with panhard. Do i pick rigid axle in the editor or should i be using the trailing arm?
what the scale of the car model should be?
I build it by fusion 360 as 1/10 scale, it still crazy big after I put it in the editor.Looney
Attached images
lfs_00000006.jpg
lfs_00000007.jpg
-
(scania) DELETED by Flame CZE : duplicate post
Quote from Scawen :If you do load an obj, yes you will need to do the texturing again.

It is surprising how many bad normals we see in your mesh. Are there a lot of double sided surfaces in the model, where triangles are facing in both directions, connected to the same points and sharing the same smoothing group? That is the usual cause. For example if you build a single triangle on three points, and the same triangle facing the other way on the same points, that will produce bad normals (LFS takes the average of triangle normals to work out vertex normals - so two normals facing in opposite directions produces a 'zero' result).

Would be possible to add an option of variable valves ( VTEC Honda's K20 Engine, for an example) in the engine configs?
Something that allows me to raise the torque at a certain rotation (RPM).
One tip for example would be to negativate the sort of damage at the engine when it hit RPM " X ", that way improving torque and that being said, power as well
Attached images
lfs_00000376.png
I was curious if increasing brake disc radius improves stopping power? Sorry if its in wrong thread, there are so many and its kinda confusing.
Quote from scania :what the scale of the car model should be?
I build it by fusion 360 as 1/10 scale, it still crazy big after I put it in the editor.Looney

The units should be in metres.
This thread is closed

LFS Mods [TEST VERSION] Introduction and Discussion
(231 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG