The online racing simulator
Quote from Scawen :Important Fixes - W46

Multiplayer:

Download of mods and skins should be faster and more reliable
FIX: List of allowed mods could remain after joining another host
FIX: Messages such as "Did not receive skin info" joining busy host

InSim:

FIX: It was not possible to send more than 30 objects in IS_AXM
FIX: IS_MCI packets were not filled in correctly (only 8 per pack)

https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/95664

It does fix the speed issue when I have stable connection, can feel much faster, nice work! Smile

However the connection issue got worse. Now I will either get “MOD:can not conmect” or “MOD: timed out” message while lost connection sometimes.
Not sure if it's been mentioned already but is there any plans to add a lock to the setup? For cars with a "fixed" setup?

Edit: Also would it be a smart idea to add a page to the editor called "requirements" and list the requirements there?
I tried to do something but I completely suck at this.
Scawen, is there any chance of adding moving parts? I wonder if there is the posibility to build gears capable of turning a propeller.
I wonder if it would be possible to build a rim adaptor, connected to a gear which connects to a propeller. Therefore each tyre revolution would match a propeller revolution and... it might generate a push
first step to build some sort of aeroplane
Is there any way to save your own engine .engs for a modded car? I will edit the sound with SHIFT A, go in the pits, and it changes back to the default sound after I leave pits.

Another thing that would be nice is a small review section underneath the modded car listings. Not everyone is making their own forum thread for feedback on their cars. I understand that and they shouldn't need too. BUT some feedback on some of the mods to make them better would be nice for the creator to see.
Quote from PopnLochNessMonster :Is there any way to save your own engine .engs for a modded car? I will edit the sound with SHIFT A, go in the pits, and it changes back to the default sound after I leave pits.

You can save your engine file in LFS, copy it to LFS_EDITOR/data/engine and then load it in the car editor from "Transmission / Audio" menu.
-
Early access top fuel dragster (ELDemon) DELETED by ELDemon : wrong place
Quote from PopnLochNessMonster :Another thing that would be nice is a small review section underneath the modded car listings. Not everyone is making their own forum thread for feedback on their cars. I understand that and they shouldn't need too. BUT some feedback on some of the mods to make them better would be nice for the creator to see.

I agree with this, it would be beneficial for both the the modders and players.
It might have been mentioned as well, but an update section, so that players know what changes to expect in the latest version of a mod.
what's the meaning of "tweak mod" is?
Quote from scania :what's the meaning of "tweak mod" is?

Cars that look like LFS cars.
hello Devs, I have noticed a difficulty in creating the engine characteristics for low displacement motorcycles by the lfs editor, I think it would be more interesting to create a different method for creating such characteristics.

example:

Torque 62 Nm @ 12238RPM

that is

Torque (desired number) @ (desired number)

this for all settings, because I think that, instead of having to find a common point in the bars, I think it would be more precise and would make the mod more precise.

something more like the axis adjustment or something like that for me would be more functional for this session, that for all mods.
Test Patch W47

This is an important update and comes along with various website changes. Have a look at any of the mods' own web pages here. You will see some changes there including a comments thread and multiple star ratings.

We now support the concept of "unapproved" and "approved" mods. You can now upload mods in an earlier stage of development and they will be allowed on the system if they are fully legal and reasonable. For example, we won't insist that all the lights work, all texturing is done, animations fit exactly or the shadow mesh is of high quality at this point. You can continue to work on your mod after upload.

If your mod passes initial acceptance then you can now update and publish it without needing reviewers to check the mod each time you do an update.

Such early stage mods will need to receive several good ratings to eventually become approved. Reviewers will need to check the mod thoroughly when the mod has received enough high ratings from community members. There are multiple ratings on each mod's page:

Overall, Technical, Graphical, Physics, Engine Sound

Currently, when at least 60 people have rated your mod and all ratings have at least achieved 4 stars your mod will be eligible to become APPROVED. You do not have to do anything for this, except make improvements to your vehicle mod in order to gain the required level of quality. This is experimental and we expect the number and level of rating required for approval to change over time.

There are filters in game to show unapproved mods (only approved mods are shown by default) and you can select an online host to allow unapproved mods if you like (the default setting is not to show unapproved mods).

We hope this new system allows everyone to use the system for experimentation and online testing, while still making it easy to find high quality mods.

Changes from W46 to W47:

Multiplayer:

New host option "Allow unapproved mods" allows early stage mods
Message "[user name] is connecting..." when someone is joining host

Misc:

New filter to show all mods / approved mods / staff picks only
Removed filter "Include work in progress" on vehicle mods screen
Rating button on vehicle mods screen now links to mod's web page
FIX: Finished refuelling message for EV is now "Finished charging"
FIX: Subobject number plates did not show the correct number plate

Commands:

/unapproved=yes to allow unapproved mods to be used on host
/enforce (and options button) now spectates disallowed mods
/mods=AAAAAA+BBBBBB sets a list of allowed mods (and allows mods)
/mods+=CCCCCC+DDDDDD adds to the list of allowed mods
/mods-=BBBBBB+CCCCCC removes mods from the list
/mods=ALL removes the list of mods and sets /allowmods=yes
/mods=NONE removes the list of mods and sets /allowmods=no
/mods and /cars commands can accept plus or comma as delimiter

Download:

One thing I’d like to suggest is an automatic/systematic class structure all mods are classified into. An idea I had for this are the vehicle class in combination with the power-to-weight ratio. For example GT cars between 200 and 250 W/kg get into the G25 class, between 250 and 300 W/kg into the G30 class, between 300 and 350 W/kg into G35 (most current GT3 cars belong to that as far as I see) and so on. Touring cars could be T, Saloon cars S and Formula cars F, for example. Ideally it could be a filter option as well.

I think it might benefit the car choices by drivers but also hosts and league organisers to have roughly similar performance levels in such classes. In the end it would be nice to add such classifications to the original LFS cars to have them easily comparable.

EDIT: A quick working example

F105 - BMW Sauber F1.06
F25 - Formula BMW FB02
F30 - Formula XR
F30 - E-CHALLENGER
F35 - GRAND PRIX LEGEND 65
F35 - FORMULA XR-E
F60 - Formula V8
F65 - P166
G35 - FXO GTR
G35 - XR GTR
G35 - FZ50 GTR
G50 - STOCK CAR 03
K10 - VEIKKO 6000
K10 - MASTER RACE KART
K15 - POCKET UF
K25 - MRT5
S05 - SNAIL 1111
S05 - HADRAPLAN
S10 - XF GTI
S10 - XR GT
S10 - UF 1000
S10 - BACALHAU
S10 - UZM 1700
S10 - TAZ09
S10 - CX WAGON
S10 - UF BEAN
S20 - XR GT Turbo
S20 - RB4 GT
S20 - FXO Turbo
S20 - FZ50
S20 - JDX100
S25 - LX4
S25 - Raceabout 06
S25 - UF 1100T
S30 - LX6
T25 - XF GTR
T25 - UF GTR
U10 - LCT3000
U10 - UF DIESEL TRUCK

Maybe it does not work that easy, as the list suggests the sorting by power-to-weight-ratio would be too simple, but maybe there is another idea out there how to do that.
Quote from Scawen :EDIT by Scawen: why did you quote my entire post about Test Patch W47 then ask about something completely different?

Will there be any changes or additions to the engine moding part of the system? Rev limiter while in N like a launch control. Rev bounce where you can select how much RPMs drop once hitting red line. Cam cross over like Vtec/VVTi. Rotary engines?
Don't forget turbo configurations (current turbos build up max boost extremely quick),superchargers and some push-to-pass options (temporary engine power increase via more boost,timing advance,rev limiter raise,nitro injection,you name it). And new tyre type - semislicks,something that does not melt like street tyres under high load but still does not provide as much grip as slicks do.
Oh,well,we can add a lot of things to wishlist... Shrug
@Scawen sorry I just wanted to get your attention, plus I thought I’d quote the patch because hopefully for next patch we get some more additions.

Yes turbo lag adjustments. Maybe even boost by gear. Superchargers added to the list
-
(Cronick_) DELETED by Cronick_ : Done
Quote from BeNoM :Not sure what you did, but this fixed my issue! Mod downloads are 5-10x as fast and only take a couple seconds now. Haven't tested skin downloading yet, but thank you heaps Scawen!

On W47 it seems to have gone back down to really slow speeds. Around 20-40KB/s Frown

Quote from BeNoM :On W47 it seems to have gone back down to really slow speeds. Around 20-40KB/s Frown

Same, it's takes forever to download mods when internet gets little unstable and shows errors
Quote from Eclipsed :Don't forget turbo configurations

Quote from martin18 :@Scawen sorry I just wanted to get your attention, plus I thought I’d quote the patch because hopefully for next patch we get some more additions.

This isn't how it works. I don't just drop what I'm doing and code the things that people ask for in the wrong place (that have already been asked in other places). There is already an improvement suggestion thread which I'll be referring to.

I have a list of bugs to work through, other important things on my list and hundreds of suggestions. I'm working long hours every day trying to keep on top of things. I'm not just sitting around, wondering what to do and needing reminders of things that have already been suggested.
Quote from BeNoM :On W47 it seems to have gone back down to really slow speeds. Around 20-40KB/s Frown

Quote from bayanofmansorofisky :Same, it's takes forever to download mods when internet gets little unstable and shows errors

I didn't change anything in the download code at all. Maybe there are temporary internet issues.
Wow this is gonna be fun ! looking forward to this , already got a few ideas and models i made , but they were made in .skp sketchup , would be awesome if it was compatible as i do realistic car models as a hobby and would feed the car lot.
example:
-
(thegamer147) DELETED by thegamer147
Test Patch W48

Multiplayer:

FIX: Bike steering was incorrectly transferred in multiplayer
FIX: Small wheeled remote cars could go wrong in multiplayer
Partial FIX: Improved name position over cars on high vehicles

Graphics:

Updated car shaders to better reproduce the editor materials
- Variable shine can now be used (alpha channel sets shine level)
- Material type 'overlay or plain' can be used for chrome parts
- Roughness value is NOT supported (specular reflection disabled)
FIX: Parts of some cars appeared transparent in garage (alpha)

I'm having trouble connecting to the master server in LFS now, and it happens from time to time, not sure what's causing it... I have no other internet connection issues. Sometimes I get "Could not connect to master server", sometimes the list of hosts has a lot of "no reply".

What's the master server IP so I could traceroute it?
Quote :What's the master server IP so I could traceroute it?

master.liveforspeed.net [188.122.74.158]
Quote from thegamer147 :Hi, since the test patch with mods came out, every time a player leaves the pits my game stutters. usually i have no type of lag i have already tried reinstalling the game but i still have the same problem. any idea what is causing this?

I guess this is because the mods system requires a full load of the car model when someone leaves the pits. The non-modded cars are already loaded in memory and this reduces the amount of setting up when the car is created. How bad are the stutters? Just a bit annoying or bad enough to make you lose control of the car?
-
(thegamer147) DELETED by thegamer147
Quote from Flame CZE :I'm having trouble connecting to the master server in LFS now, and it happens from time to time, not sure what's causing it... I have no other internet connection issues. Sometimes I get "Could not connect to master server", sometimes the list of hosts has a lot of "no reply".

Same here, LFS servers have been quite slow and consistent for me as of late.
This thread is closed

LFS Mods [TEST VERSION] Introduction and Discussion
(231 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG