The online racing simulator
But dont get me wrong i like to drive here,community is awesome,but same tracks,same cars is kinda boring after 200k+ km :/
M
Probably mod support is gonna solve the car issue
And it was a bit sad to see new mod cars on old not updated tracks Frown
Its because you are young and need everytime something new or flashy to entertain you Big grin

Even if they put out 20 quality mods and 10 new quality tracks, after 2 years people will complain it is not enough.

Have you really raced every combo lfs has to offer?
Quote from NumberTwo :Have you really raced every combo lfs has to offer?

Hate this argument, you only have to drive a certain car or track for a certain amount of time before getting bored of it, you don't have to exhaust every track of car combo to get bored. On iRacing there are cars and tracks I go back to more often than others, but the vast amount of content available there stops me from getting bored as bored as I do with LFS

I don't even think LFS really lacks content, yes it would be nice to have more stuff but we are okay with what we have at the moment, but I really dislike this argument saying you have to race every combo. My half drunk brain atm can't think of a decent enough explanation for why I think that though Big grin
Quote from k_badam :Hate this argument, you only have to drive a certain car or track for a certain amount of time before getting bored of it, you don't have to exhaust every track of car combo to get bored. On iRacing there are cars and tracks I go back to more often than others, but the vast amount of content available there stops me from getting bored as bored as I do with LFS

I don't even think LFS really lacks content, yes it would be nice to have more stuff but we are okay with what we have at the moment, but I really dislike this argument saying you have to race every combo. My half drunk brain atm can't think of a decent enough explanation for why I think that though Big grin

But its a really good argument when someone says "we need more stuff cause I'm bored with existing".

Brutal reality is, some people (most people) will get bored whatever you do, only if you feed them new content every week, maybe then they will be ok. Its not a personal dig at anyone, its just a human trait. I've got a friend who cant play one game more than 2 days, everything gets boring really fast to him, while on other side i could drive same combo every day and it'll be ok, as long as there is content within content to work with.

Content within content - racing other cars, developing setup, chasing time, perfecting racing line, making race setup.

Its that content within content where LFS excells for me, and why i think people ask for more basic content (track, cars). If you get a superb race, you could drive uf1..it will still be fun and not boring. And that's why iRacing is less boring. More racing.
Quote from NumberTwo :Its because you are young and need everytime something new or flashy to entertain you Big grin

Even if they put out 20 quality mods and 10 new quality tracks, after 2 years people will complain it is not enough.

Have you really raced every combo lfs has to offer?

Most of the players here in forum suggesting new things whit barely 10k+ km :/
And maybe youre not bored whit 300k+ km,what you think why peoples moved from lfs to some other sim? Because lfs doesnt bring anything new only after years,and previous update was for drifters aswell.
We've got graphics pictures in 2016,5year is long time,Number.
And its NOT a hater comment.
They revealed their plan in 2016.

Dont start new project until youre done whit the first one Smile

"how did we come from new tyre physics and day night to mods?
Quote from Viperakecske :They revealed their plan in 2016.

Dont start new project until youre done whit the first one Smile

"how did we come from new tyre physics and day night to mods?

It must be difficult not to get burnt down when working on the same thing for months/years, so from that point of view, I understand Scawen's decisions to switch up his tasks after some time to clear his mind.
I basically get on "I want to die" mode after a few months of working on a single feature. A week or 2 of something else to recharge is extremely helpful.
Quote from superlame :This most likely wont happend. Since the Scirocco is an real car, you need to provide some information.

Even if I was not entirely serious, you are of course right. In this case, however, we can assume that there is already an agreement between VW and LFS.

Now that I think about it, I wonder whether it will be possible to modify the existing licensed content without restrictions.
Quote from Oliver Feistkorn :Even if I was not entirely serious, you are of course right. In this case, however, we can assume that there is already an agreement between VW and LFS.
Now that I think about it, I wonder whether it will be possible to modify the existing licensed content without restrictions.

"Even if I was not entirely serious" - Its Ok, It is hard to understand when someone is being sarcstic in text Tongue

Only the fictional cars will be available in the Vehicle Editor to edit (example - RB4).. So the cars that are licensed quoting from LFS Manual here. -
Quote :LFS currently features several licensed real cars:

McGill Racing Team MRT5 (MRT)
Raceabout '03 (RAC)
BMW Sauber F1.06 (BF1)
Formula BMW FB02 (FBM)
Volkswagen Scirocco Mk3 (soon) (VWS)

wont be available for editting. For a reason of course. Because we most likely don't have permit from the cars company to do editting on the 3d models.
..is the RaceAbout really included in that list? It is a 15 year old design study of students, and had no company behind it. There's this site (http://www.raceabout.fi) but looking a bit deeper show that that "Coming soon" has been there since 2011. There's no contact I could ask for permission.

I'm asking because (as some know) I basically have a GTR variant of that car ready here on my hard drive, but to make it work in these new limits would need quite a lot of work downsizing it.. I wouldn't go about that if it will not be allowed anyway.
Quote from Flame CZE :It must be difficult not to get burnt down when working on the same thing for months/years, so from that point of view, I understand Scawen's decisions to switch up his tasks after some time to clear his mind.

Very well said man, I completely understand this. Coding can be very frustrating and one needs a "win", or a different relatively easily completable task to feel good again and have the motivation to continue on the previous one. I pretty much do this on a daily basis, not strictly related to programming only Smile
Quote from ACCAkut :I'm asking because (as some know) I basically have a GTR variant of that car ready here on my hard drive, but to make it work in these new limits would need quite a lot of work downsizing it.. I wouldn't go about that if it will not be allowed anyway.

If you make small changes in vehicle geometry while downsizing it and name the car GTR RaceAllot, I'm sure no one would mind.
Quote from ACCAkut :..is the RaceAbout really included in that list? It is a 15 year old design study of students, and had no company behind it. There's this site (http://www.raceabout.fi) but looking a bit deeper show that that "Coming soon" has been there since 2011. There's no contact I could ask for permission.

There is a company behind it, Valmet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valmet_Automotive

https://www.supercars.net/blog/2005-valmet-raceabout/

RaceAbout is a company itself, 'RaceAbout Association'.

Here's contact information if you want it: https://web.archive.org/web/20190205212217/http://www.raceabout.fi/index_3.html
I got a question regarding f9 menu.
Since mods will basically allow cars with smaller tyres than usual, like for the kart, and bigger tyres, like the nascar prototype or even some kind of monster truck, how will the f9 menu adapt to it ?
Will it be a mess of numbers overlapping the thread like with the formula XR (thats annoying when trying to understand tyre life pls fix it) or will it be fixed/adapted for these possibilities ? This might sound picky but for races long races tyre life is quite important to know.
can? "release " the car editor o blender for we can learn to use when patch get out Smile community have greats dessigners and making tutorials to create cars with your " lfs tools" ?
Quote from ACCAkut :Ok, I will have to read up on everything in this thread here. As someone very active in another sim's modding scene for close to a decade now, it certainly reads like a great approach, especially the way mods need to be approved before they can be used online. My bunch could be ready rather soon. Apart from the tris count they fit your requirements rather well already. And ofc there's also the RaceAbout GTR resting on my HD for many years now.

Also can't state enough that you should not make it too easy, or else your servers will be flooded with 63485434843 Nissan Silvias ... ehm, "Nussian Sovokias", as in models ripped straight from Forza, Need For Speed and whatever games there are out there.

I think it can have a tag list so we can found what car has been done easily
Quote from rane_nbg :If you make small changes in vehicle geometry while downsizing it and name the car GTR RaceAllot, I'm sure no one would mind.

this would still be what I consider ripping. I can't take some model/mesh, add a wing, and call it my own creation. Added bonus of using the old car as basis is (currently, with the original UV mapping) that you can just use old RAC_ skins on my version.

@scania: In my experience you will have a lot of people not looking up what has already been done, and just throw out own interpretations regardless Wink
Quote from ACCAkut :this would still be what I consider ripping. I can't take some model/mesh, add a wing, and call it my own creation. Added bonus of using the old car as basis is (currently, with the original UV mapping) that you can just use old RAC_ skins on my version.

@scania: In my experience you will have a lot of people not looking up what has already been done, and just throw out own interpretations regardless Wink

I hope that the molder can be lunch first, just like we can make skin for VWS 12 years agoWave

I would like to build in next year, now I can use LFS to test it before I build it!
Thats incredible news about official mod support and editor included, thx Scawen.
Wow. This is cool. Kind of confused about something. These modded cars, will they be in the updated version of LFS? Or are they downloaded from secondary sites like what mods from other games are?
Quote from Racer Y :Wow. This is cool. Kind of confused about something. These modded cars, will they be in the updated version of LFS? Or are they downloaded from secondary sites like what mods from other games are?

So, it will work like the downloading skins from the master server. When you join a server, the mods that are currently on track ( i believe ) will be automatically downloaded.
There is 3 wheeler in trailer which creates possibilty to make BIKE mods but i have question to SCAWEN what about bike balance will it work physicly? would it be possibility to make bikes?
That is actually a very good question. For 2 wheelers to work, gyroscope forces acting on the wheel need to be simulated correctly. I do not know if lfs physics engine includes this already.
Quote from rane_nbg :That is actually a very good question. For 2 wheelers to work, gyroscope forces acting on the wheel need to be simulated correctly. I do not know if lfs physics engine includes this already.

I vaguely recall (forever ago) Scawen mentioning playing around with bikes in LFS.
This thread is closed

LFS Mods Support - Coming Soon!
(330 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG