The online racing simulator
Quote from R-to :Question to Scawen.

We are really worried about this if we have to rent server for live for speed in the future. We have here in finland really high quality hosting server where our players can have 0 ping! Our GRIP Masters and SLADI Masters servers are the one off the best in the LFS Public server list and now we are afraid that we have to use in future laggy grappy servers! Give us channge to use high quality servers where players with good connections can have the best possible ping.

Check how good the ping will be, then complain if it is laggy
Quote from repeat83 :
1. Are new light system can be release without new traks?
2. Are new mods system can be release without new light system?

1. No
2. Yes
Thanks all the for the feedback. I'm sorry, I can't answer all questions as I'm still pushing to get the final important things done.

Quote from englishlord :Will players be able to make individual skins for mods like we can make custom skins for current cars and upload them to lfsworld for them to be seen by others?

Yes, the same skin system works with the new Skin ID system. Mods have a 6-character Skin ID which is analogous to the official cars' 3-character skin prefix.

Quote from repeat83 :
1. Are new light system can be release without new traks?

No, the tracks needed to be updated for the new lighting. Actually, we may release Fern Bay without a major overhaul, just a few fixes for the shadows. But the other tracks have had a serious overhaul and most are near complete.

Quote from repeat83 :
2. Are new mods system can be release without new light system?

Yes, mods system is coming soon. Lighting system is at least some months away (no estimates).

Quote from R-to :We are really worried about this if we have to rent server for live for speed in the future. We have here in finland really high quality hosting server where our players can have 0 ping!

We look forward to hearing your feedback in testing. You'll be able to test using the free servers which are just as high quality as the paid servers but without all the features.
looking forward this
however I expect hosts won't go crazy and add 12515 modded cars to a server which, certainly, will make LFS heavier
#255 - FIZ
Quote from LakynVonLegendaus :I believe he answered that yesterday:

Yeah I really wonder how a one-wheel vehicle would go around xD

But also what about 2 wheel vehicles? ...Motorbikes? I need to see what will happen!
Quote from josemspain :looking forward this
however I expect hosts won't go crazy and add 12515 modded cars to a server which, certainly, will make LFS heavier

Well, actually Scawen has talked about this. For now theres an limit for up to 120 mods in a server.

Quoting one of his old posts in this thread. And bolded the more important on that subject.

Quote from Scawen :It's already possible through InSim and it is marked as a high priority task to manage a list of allowed mods in game, an equivalent of our current allowed cars but it's a more complex system. Current plan is a list of up to 120 allowed mods. For first test version it's just allow mods yes/no.

Quote from Scawen :... Actually, we may release Fern Bay without a major overhaul, just a few fixes for the shadows. But the other tracks have had a serious overhaul and most are near complete.
Yes, mods system is coming soon. Lighting system is at least some months away (no estimates).

So, still several months for Eric to spend on the remaining tracks without having to update yet Fern Bay ? wow, I thought the tracks else than FE were almost "finished" (I hope you see what I mean). I would have expected Eric to be able to switch from South City and Kyoto to something fresh (like FE or the 2 mystery tracks mentioned long time ago) Big grin

Of course, unless the lighting system is the reason for the time to spend on, and not the tracks (in matters of objects, design, etc...) not yet finished ... or maybe both are completly linked
Does it really matter how much mods a server allows? Until the max cars on track limit is raised,there can be only 40 different cars on track,no more. Of course if someone stays in some cruise server for few days,where everyone joining uses different car,that might start to clog the memory up,but maybe there is some cleaning process already added in LFS. Shrug
Quote from Flotch :So, still several months for Eric to spend on the remaining tracks without having to update yet Fern Bay ? wow, I thought the tracks else than FE were almost "finished" (I hope you see what I mean). I would have expected Eric to be able to switch from South City and Kyoto to something fresh (like FE or the 2 mystery tracks mentioned long time ago) Big grin

Of course, unless the lighting system is the reason for the time to spend on, and not the tracks (in matters of objects, design, etc...) not yet finished ... or maybe both are completly linked

I kind of think that the tyre physics system is the biggest unknown.

Eric has kept on at South City longer than any of us had ever imagined, because he kept getting new ideas and going for it. I'm guessing he could wrap it up fairly quickly if needed. In my mind Kyoto has the most unfinished parts, though I might be wrong about that.

Eric did leave Kyoto in the end stages when he moved on to South City. But the end stages of projects generally take quite a while. I'm speaking generally, not actually speaking for Eric or specifically about South City or Kyoto.

As I say I believe the tyre physics are still the least predictable. I need to get my teeth into that and see where we are at.
so finally i will can realize my dream? i only can imagine a XFG like that
Attached images
76960165_2008476592588527_1091964111811510272_n.jpg
Hey, Scawen! What happend with the VWS? I might be wrong but the reason for not releasing it at all was something about the physics.. Will we see the VWS when the tyre physics are done? Smile
Cmon...who cares about the VWS anymore?
Some do care! Big grin
But this YouTube cover picture suggest that the Scirocco is not forgotten. Smile
Maybe it will be released with the new physics. Shrug
Attached images
Untitled.jpg
Quote from superlame :Hey, Scawen! What happend with the VWS? I might be wrong but the reason for not releasing it at all was something about the physics.. Will we see the VWS when the tyre physics are done? Smile

vws was just a promotional piece that fell off. for reasons that only scawen knows, i doubt we'll ever see it.
Quote from Scawen :I kind of think that the tyre physics system is the biggest unknown.

Eric has kept on at South City longer than any of us had ever imagined, because he kept getting new ideas and going for it. I'm guessing he could wrap it up fairly quickly if needed. In my mind Kyoto has the most unfinished parts, though I might be wrong about that.

Eric did leave Kyoto in the end stages when he moved on to South City. But the end stages of projects generally take quite a while. I'm speaking generally, not actually speaking for Eric or specifically about South City or Kyoto.

As I say I believe the tyre physics are still the least predictable. I need to get my teeth into that and see where we are at.

Everyone that has ever did refurbishment in a house know this : the structural work is usually quicker than the finishes Big grin (has someone here ever play with his kitchen Omg omg omg ). Kepp faith Eric !
@Scawen : Good luck getting back on business with tire physics then Petals . Hope it will go well !

Quote from VladM :vws was just a promotional piece that fell off. for reasons that only scawen knows, i doubt we'll ever see it.

We will get it in few months Tongue ! Tire physics is blocking it, but then, VWS, esp, powerful supercars, etc ... Heart No limit
Quote from Scawen :I kind of think that the tyre physics system is the biggest unknown.

It sounds like you took such a long break from the tyre physics that you don't even remember where you left off.

And you know if you support track modding the community will make tracks that will put the upgraded FE in shame right? And since modding is S3, even more incentive for all the users to upgrade to S3. Thumbs up
I bet the day the tools become publicly available someone will go ahead and grab the Scirocco model from the viewer and make it driveable. And if not, I'll do it myself and I will drive it like its early in 2009 and I can finally be happy again.
Quote from nexttime :It sounds like you took such a long break from the tyre physics that you don't even remember where you left off.

And you know if you support track modding the community will make tracks that will put the upgraded FE in shame right? And since modding is S3, even more incentive for all the users to upgrade to S3. Thumbs up

It's a nice thought but I doubt it.

Name me 1 modded track in ANY sim that is the same level as the current Blackwood or Westhill in terms of quality or detail.
Quote from Evolution_R :Some do care! Big grin
But this YouTube cover picture suggest that the Scirocco is not forgotten. Smile
Maybe it will be released with the new physics. Shrug

Yea some do care... players who stuck in 2008 when they announced VWS Shrug
@Viperakecske I admit, I'm kind of stuck, sometimes is hard to move on, but do you think that Live for Speed is stuck in 2008 too? Frown
Quote from VladM :vws was just a promotional piece that fell off. for reasons that only scawen knows, i doubt we'll ever see it.

If I remember correctly, the VWS lead Scawen down the tyre physics rabbit hole all those years ago.
He didn't think the VWS would be up to standard on the current physics and decided not release it until the new tyres were ready.

Fast forward 12 years, and there has been progress, but the new physics are still not released yet. And I can understand why things like VR support and Mod support would delay them.

But when the new tyre physics are released, I'd be expecting the VWS to be released as well.
Quote from Oliver Feistkorn :I bet the day the tools become publicly available someone will go ahead and grab the Scirocco model from the viewer and make it driveable. And if not, I'll do it myself and I will drive it like its early in 2009 and I can finally be happy again.

This most likely wont happend. Since the Scirocco is an real car, you need to provide some information.

2. Content that requires permission

Written and signed permission from the content or copyright owner must be provided if your mod matches any of the criteria below.
The content owner's contact details (name, phone number and / or email address) must be included in the document.

2.1 Content containing real car names and / or logos
2.2 A 3D model you did not create yourself. E.g. imported or converted from another game or program

You can read the regulations here - https://www.lfs.net/files/vehmods/regulations.

would you launch the modler first (but can't drive in game) to let us start to build model?
can the kart clutch support cvt?
Quote from Evolution_R :@Viperakecske I admit, I'm kind of stuck, sometimes is hard to move on, but do you think that Live for Speed is stuck in 2008 too? Frown

Not many update since then so yeah.
This thread is closed

LFS Mods Support - Coming Soon!
(330 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG