The online racing simulator
Quote from Eclipsed :This function is already there! (Check attached picture.)

We are using that already. I actually meant that I would like to give others full access to lfs.net hosting panel including replays etc. Like it is possible with a League.
Quote from k_badam :That's gonna be quite hard, I guess people will start making cars like GTA has. With similar looking models and similar sounding manufacturer names.

Just like the Grand Prix Legend 65 (Ferrari 1512) or E-Challenger (Formula E Gen2) of mine. Martin's Hadraplan is also a fake name for famous Velorex.
Quote from Rappa Z :Classic Scawen, not just allowing mods but putting together an entire vehicle editor for the community.

My thought exactly, just making the editor itself must have taken such a long time.

Quote from MacedoSTI :I hope is possible use other 3d applications, like 3dsmax... blender is...

You can use an editor of your choice. You don't have to worry about that, they all do the same thing. I believe naming blender was just an example. Don't quote me on that, but that's what would make sense.

I haven't seen anyone mentioning mod restrictions. What about racing leagues? How can they prevent their players from using mods? Perhaps a setting in the config to disable them? Or if possible: Check if the modded car has increased power, so that players are still able to change the look of the car but cannot gain advantage over other competetors.

Quote from SimulatorRental.com :OK then.... I guess I am out of business then.
Anyone in USA want to buy some race simulators?

So how is it all set up? Do you just have 1 LFS account, and just connect to a LAN server with the same account whenever someone wants to play? Because you could buy x LFS S3 licenses for the amount of setups that you have and then just rent a server from the LFS website. That should help you keep going. If you decide to sell, do you ship to Norway?
Quote from SimulatorRental.com :Game controller compatibility issues

Hijacking this to address a completely different issue.

Scawen, would it be too much effort to update LFS with XInput support? There are a number of gamepad users who resort to using drop-in DLLs in order to split the throttle and brake axes. I know it's kind of a niche in the community but it would be really nice to have.
Well,then Victor needs to extend the access. Shrug Or add options what the owned wants to allow the designated additional admin.
Quote from SimulatorRental.com :Mostly things that only effect large lan games. Game controller compatibility issues, starting the whole thing up.

Exactly,thats not what the next version is about.

Quote from SimulatorRental.com :
I will NOT connect my server/player machines to other peoples networks.

And using a hot spot or whatever, Going online at all for the server, totally defeats the purpose of what I am doing, trying to play locally multiplayer to get around online lag etc...

Where do you go to not have 4g avaiability or internet at all ? LFS does not rely on incredible fast connection to work properly, unless you are moving while the guys are using the simulator you wont have much problems with a 4g hotspot from a mobile modem (not your phone).
You will have more lag, yes, but it wont destroy others with lag as if you are connecting to an european server from America..
I find it silly to give up and not even consider a way around this, but do as you wish.
I think the dream of re-modeling the cars myself and use it in-game will be possible to do now, let's gooooooooooo
Quote from lfsrm :No you can't use real brand names without an authorization ( from the manufacturer or the license holder ).

And to get that authorization, it means that you are ready to buy a license that will probably cost you +50 000 $ for one vehicle (if they accept to negotiate with you in the first place), there is some exceptions but this is how things work.

So you should always make slight modifications to your subaru or toyota model to make them not as similar as the original model, and of course make sure to use a fictional brand.

ouch... well, today will born shibaru/totoya and brokenwagen
Quote from MacedoSTI :ouch... well, today will born shibaru/totoya and brokenwagen

Or GTA car names. Big grin
Great News
its been a while
Attached images
lfs.JPG
Nice News! Mods support is that can give rise to the popularity of LFS.
As well as Track Editor. But this is a little later i guess..
Alright, i'll start building my own Firrera 844 G3T EVO and a brand new Porscell 119 G3T PCU!
Thanks Scawen Smile
Quote from Federico Testa :Alright, i'll start building my own Firrera 844 G3T EVO and a brand new Porscell 119 G3T PCU!

And the Fat Pando 4x4 from 1999 Tilt
Quote from Evolution_R :Or GTA car names. Big grin

will be fun but gta names have own copyright xD

is better make our own brand list, will be nice to make categories example

cars like subaru "SBU_generic name" or toyota "TTA_generic name" like lfs names

probably the car list will be huge and is better to find the cars on near future

note this a sugestion Shrug
Quote from Federico Testa :Alright, i'll start building my own Firrera 844 G3T EVO and a brand new Porscell 119 G3T PCU!

Don't forget Borlamghini Adooravent! Thumbs up

I am definetly supporting these unknown car mods to us.

Looking forward to see where is the limit to this modding feature. Keep up
Quote from tmehlinger :Hijacking this to address a completely different issue.

Scawen, would it be too much effort to update LFS with XInput support? There are a number of gamepad users who resort to using drop-in DLLs in order to split the throttle and brake axes. I know it's kind of a niche in the community but it would be really nice to have.

This would be nice.
Let's start street tuned XRT mod Uhmm
Well, that means I will be able to finally drive Scirocco in LFS Big grin
We should spread this news! Mods is what WILL change the game plus track editor later on! Great news! Thanks Scawen
About the hosting stuff, i think i miss a ton of information here.

So Scawen get rid of the dedicated servers? Thats a big nope after all those years working with LFS Dedicated servers.

-What if you want to test something for a day and you do not want to be a host of the server?

-All the big companies that host LFS Servers, Are not be able to host any LFS servers anymore?

-I have multiple servers running + Insim at home. Now i have to pay for those? Thats a no for me.
i can better stop developing my insim now. Just a waste of time.

Wasn't it possible to change the dedicated server with more protection:

-You will not be able to start a dedicated server without a valid LFS website user/pass and license.
Quote from Bass-Driver :-What if you want to test something for a day and you do not want to be a host of the server?

-All the big companies that host LFS Servers, Are not be able to host any LFS servers anymore?

You can use temporary free server option.

They still can host old LFS version servers afaik.
This thread is closed

LFS Mods Support - Coming Soon!
(330 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG