The online racing simulator
Quote from ACCAkut :Not being able to import UVs would be a serious oversight. But looking closer at the videos, I doubt it would be in any way feasible to downgrade these models to work in the new Editor.

I mean, those of us that have worked with Blender/3DSMax for years now would not want to switch to something else.

Well since you can import the base mesh I am somehow more positive about this, as modeling inside the editor is all but intuitive.

Personally I can manage with the editor texturing system, but people should not expect the same result as a fully modern texturing software (eg : heavy use of tillable without any variations, stretched textures etc ).
Quote from ACCAkut :...or else your servers will be flooded with 63485434843 Nissan Silvias ... ehm, "Nussian Sovokias", as in models ripped straight from Forza, Need For Speed and whatever games there are out there.

This won't happen, because such mods will not be allowed on the servers in first place - the moderators must know which model is from Forza or another game and which is original work or with permission. Local usage is another thing.
I like the structured and approved mods system that is also easy to download/update and maintains a level of quality. Normally you have to get the file and go to the root of the game, drop it then see if it works and then find it again on the web if the mod is updated etc. It's a hassle. RF2 does kinda fine with Steam but then if you have 40gb of mods you have another 40gb of workshop folder which just sits there doing nothing.

Let's say you made a mod and it is not approved because of copyright, is it possible to send it manually and install, using it online? Or can you only test offline unless it is approved? Would naming a car Volkspragen and changing the logo be enough to avoid the copyright filter?

Any plans about track modding? Since this is an S3 package, might as well add the track support too since you won't have to worry about saturation or anything. Modders even made tracks with slab walls so I can only imagine what they can do with actual track support. Thumbs up

Quote from NumberTwo :Will the new modded cars still latch onto edge of kerbs at rockingham and ruin any meaningfull racing?

This issue is about the tyre model's contact patch so no. This can only be fixed with either new physics, or "fixing" the surface on the track. But the latter would be more like duct taping the problem.

Quote from NumberTwo :Not being aero overhaul, but can you add a wing to mod car? Is there a property of lift and drag for the wing you make? Can you add a diffuser to modded car?

Or are mods for now limited only to cars without aero?

The visual shape of the car and it's performance has nothing to do with each other in sims since it doesn't calculate the downforce from the shape but basically from the numbers that you put in.
Quote from nexttime :Let's say you made a mod and it is not approved because of copyright, is it possible to send it manually and install, using it online? Or can you only test offline unless it is approved? Would naming a car Volkspragen and changing the logo be enough to avoid the copyright filter?

I believe car manufacturers have rights on the design of a car, so that won't work. Only in China this would be allowed. Tilt

But I can imagine it is possible it slips through the cracks if someone checking the upload doesn't pay attention.

That brings up a question, what if an approved mod has to be taken down, for whatever reason, what happens then? Does it stay on our PC's if it has been downloaded and just get removed from the server which won't make it useable anymore?
Quote from BeNoM :Sell on Steam, use Steamworks for servers and multiplayer - Piracy problem solved.

Dude you're right 100%.. Steam gonna be better for us!
Quote from BeNoM :Sell on Steam, use Steamworks for servers and multiplayer - Piracy problem solved.

Steam DRM is easily bypassed at this point, hence most AAA titles using Denuvo on top of it. NASCAR 21 was cracked mere minutes after the preorder early access was opened up.

Steamworks doesn't provide you with servers, it just provides you with a bunch of tools that are useful for multiplayer (like Voice chat and matchmaking and stuff). It does provide infrastructure for P2P lobbies, but that doesn't help either.
Quote from Bose321 :I believe car manufacturers have rights on the design of a car, so that won't work. Only in China this would be allowed. Tilt

But I can imagine it is possible it slips through the cracks if someone checking the upload doesn't pay attention.

That brings up a question, what if an approved mod has to be taken down, for whatever reason, what happens then? Does it stay on our PC's if it has been downloaded and just get removed from the server which won't make it useable anymore?

I think it would be a problem only if the modder is selling the mod, changing the logo and the name should probably be enough.
Quote from HeRRC :Why not directly consider putting the America server in Latin America knowing that there are many more users in this region?

Pings between LA countries are often worse than simply pinging to US East.
Quote from lfsrm :I think it would be a problem only if the modder is selling the mod, changing the logo and the name should probably be enough.

The car manufacturers these days have registered design on their products. It protects the 3D design of a product. It's another thing if they really care about people uploading their cars in a racing simulator. It's mostly to to prevent their competitors from stealing their design that they put so much money and time to.

This is why LFS and GTA has 3d models similiar to real cars but not recognizably so.

Track builder would be cool addon.
Quote from Tazka :The car manufacturers these days have registered design on their products. It protects the 3D design of a product. It's another thing if they really care about people uploading their cars in a racing simulator. It's mostly to to prevent their competitors from stealing their design that they put so much money and time to.

This is why LFS and GTA has 3d models similiar to real cars but not recognizably so.

Track builder would be cool addon.

This would mostly be for newly released models though, but I think for rule of thumb sakes there should be some small differences in design in all mods. Finally we're oficially getting mod support, so we should atleast appreciate that, and the fact that quality will not be a problem seeing as they'll all have to be approved in order to be playable; we're just getting stuck in details now. Keep up the good work guys! Let's see this released Smile, only after that we can judge what is right and wrong, for now all we can do is speculate. Track builder would be great though.
Quote from Evolution_R :This won't happen, because such mods will not be allowed on the servers in first place - the moderators must know which model is from Forza or another game and which is original work or with permission. Local usage is another thing.

I understood that, but I meant that people would still try to upload them, and whoever does the moderation has to sieve through it. Tho looking at the tri limits and other current requirements, it will be hard to upload those models anyway as they are often over those limits.
can't wait to try this out Big grin Big grin
Attached images
Знімок екрана 2021-11-02 154946.jpg
Quote from numbazZ :can't wait to try this out Big grin Big grin

gave me this idea, brazilians will be excited Big grin
Attached images
x1080.jpg
Hey can we have a mods section of forum now? Or will you wait until release? There are alot of people that want to discuss mods and everything does not exactly fit here.
Cool!
#217 - FIZ
I haven't got this excited in a very long time about LFS!
The release plan makes sense, the mod system looks promising so I had to upgrade my license from S2 to S3 as a sign of appreciation and hope.

Then, the graphic upgrade (lighting system and textures) is veeeeery important but I'd suggest to do the tire physics update first.
Actually, it would be fantastic to have a whole LFS physics update: cars still fly at anything, brakes temperature is missing and maybe other things that would break hotlaps and car setups (LFS 0.8).

After those "core" changes, then I'd suggest to release anything graphics related. (LFS 0.9)

Finally the track editor that would be amazing but I am waiting more about the weather system that would practically double or triple the tracks already available. (LFS 1.0).

Scawen I blame you, I am dreaming now! Wink
The football is an actual football! Omg omg omg
Thank you Scawen for these exciting news!
Quote from Scawen :A trailer for the mods system will be shown ...

Nice trailer! hehe

EDIT: I'm wondering is there going to be some sort of a incompatibility with the mods when the new physics and graphics are released?
Quote from VladM :gave me this idea, brazilians will be excited Big grin

but... this is from argentina... not brazilian
I like the idea of having cars that look kind of the real counterparts but in fact have weird names and modified look to make them different but recognizable. Like BeamNG does. I see no problem at all. All other sims have real cars but at the end of the day it's a game. Perhaps with this people who have great design skill can come up with some great designs. This game is a little gem that needs to be protected at all costs, first of all from piracy.
Quote from MacedoSTI :but... this is from argentina... not brazilian

*south americans will be happy Big grinBig grin
I hope for the track editor. I really want this in LFS
Attached images
Screenshot_vaz2106club_viragv01_1-9-120-0-13-47.jpg
Screenshot_zizh_lada2101_scc20_viragv01_22-8-120-0-10-3.jpg
Screenshot_zizh_lada2101_scc20_viragv01_22-8-120-0-11-46.jpg
Screenshot_zizh_lada2105_a2_viragv01_22-1-121-0-6-32.jpg
Screenshot_zizh_lada2108_t1600_viragv01_15-2-121-23-30-32.jpg
Screenshot_zizh_lada2108_t1600_viragv01_15-2-121-23-34-32.jpg
Screenshot_zizh_lada2108_t1600_viragv01_19-2-121-21-19-29.jpg
I didn't notice if in the vob editor there is the option to create objects that move in the car, for example: retractable headlights, glass cleaners, or the movable roof of convertible cars.Do you think it's possible to add this to the editor?
This thread is closed

LFS Mods Support - Coming Soon!
(330 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG