The online racing simulator
Quote from Dmitry[RUS :;1968819"]I hope for the track editor. I really want this in LFS

Yeah! Imagine we can build tracks in RTB and port them to LFS!
Quote from Scawen :It's all the existing LFS physics and features, but with editors.

Also some basic EV support and centrifugal clutch for karts.

Hotlaps have been preserved. This is not an aerodynamic physics overhaul.

how about hybrid drive & E-4WD?
this editor will also very useful for design real kit car
Wow, this is fantastic!

Obviously I am excited about the official vehicle mod support, and I was happy to read that it will be integrated into the website, server and client infrastructure.

My heart sunk for a minute when I read that support for "self-hosted" servers and LAN games will dropped in the upcoming version. But I fully understand the reasoning behind it, and providing free centrally hosted servers is a fair compromise.

All in all, great news and good work!
Quote from Aleksandr_124rus :wishlist:

- Trackeditor. LFS with ingame browser of tracks created by players with default filter by rating. (that would be clear that high-quality tracks needed)

- Vob modding support in lfs with ingame browser car mods created by players with default filter by rating and with adding car in garage apart from others feature. (that would be clear that high-quality mods needed)

Awesome that the things I asked beginning to become reality. I'm ready to create mods!
But I have some questions.

Quote from Scawen :- We will not allow real car names or logos, unless permission is proved during the submission process.

1. For example, if I made an obvious model Nissan S13 according to the blueprints, I will not add the logos and nameplates. Сan you accept such a model? Does it fit the criteria for not using real cars? Maybe you need to somehow change the geometry of the model?

For example here is Nissan SilEighty which is a real fan modification of Nissan 180SX (rear) and Nissan S13 (front) which has never been released in the factory. No car names or logos, images are attached. Сan you accept this?

Quote from Scawen :All features available in the LFS cars, are available in the mods. We are supplying you with the development editors.

2. In LX4 we have a configuration that allows adding the roof. Сan we do something similar? For example dozens of additional modifications, with a spoiler, without a spoiler, different rims, different sets of body kits, etc? Will there be any limit? Not considering the limit of the triangles and vertices.

3. On cars with wheels protruding from the body, you can see how the suspension works. I think it is possible based on this make a more detailed version of the suspension with springs, struts, and shock absorbers that will also work. I'm wrong?
Attached images
sasasas.PNG
ssss.PNG
Quote :My heart sunk for a minute when I read that support for "self-hosted" servers and LAN games will dropped in the upcoming version. But I fully understand the reasoning behind it, and providing free centrally hosted servers is a fair compromise.

The hosting will not be for free, but as Scawen said it will be a quarter of the current lfs hosting price and that is for sure much cheaper than any of the current alternative host providers, which is great.
Quote from rane_nbg :The hosting will not be for free, but as Scawen said it will be a quarter of the current lfs hosting price and that is for sure much cheaper than any of the current alternative host providers, which is great.

He said that it will be free for simpler servers, like when you dont need much insim, 24/7 uptime, etc. If you want full insim, 24/7 uptime, the ability to save MPRs, layouts, etc, you will need to pay
Quote from Aleksandr_124rus :
For example here is Nissan SilEighty which is a real fan modification of Nissan 180SX (rear) and Nissan S13 (front) which has never been released in the factory. No car names or logos, images are attached. Сan you accept this?

Not that it matters, but they have made a couple of factory ones, both SIL80s and Onevias, in limited numbers
Quote from Nadeo4441 :Not that it matters, but they have made a couple of factory ones, both SIL80s and Onevias, in limited numbers

No they haven't, they were produced by KidsHeart tuning company not Nissan. Onevias were made by Nissan, that's true.
Quote from rane_nbg :The hosting will not be for free, but as Scawen said it will be a quarter of the current lfs hosting price and that is for sure much cheaper than any of the current alternative host providers, which is great.

Quote from Latvian Video :He said that it will be free for simpler servers, like when you dont need much insim, 24/7 uptime, etc. If you want full insim, 24/7 uptime, the ability to save MPRs, layouts, etc, you will need to pay

Yup. That's how I interpreted it, too.

Quote from Scawen :You can start a free server in game, using the "Start new host" button. But now, that starts a host running on one of our servers, instead of locally on your computer. When you leave a free server, it closes down after a few minutes.

-
(Driftkn) DELETED by Driftkn : miss resume
Quote from Aleksandr_124rus :
1. For example, if I made an obvious model Nissan S13 according to the blueprints, I will not add the logos and nameplates. Сan you accept such a model? Does it fit the criteria for not using real cars? Maybe you need to somehow change the geometry of the model?

Making mods like Odyvia/Odyveighty is a way to go, i guess.
(Nissan S platform with custom Honda Odyssey facelift)
Attached images
1c1034ds-960.jpg
26a9b058257cd7499d5628c182425384.jpg
Quote from Tazka :No they haven't, they were produced by KidsHeart tuning company not Nissan. Onevias were made by Nissan, that's true.

Yes, they have.

Spoiler - click to reveal"...in Japan people kept smashing the front ends of their 180SXs when they were drifting... into mountains or whatever. simply put, the S13 Silvia front end was cheaper than a 180SX front so they put the Silvia fronts on as a temporary fix. this caused a craze in Japan and it was basically the look in Japan for young people. Nissan had been observing that many of their 180's have been going around with Silvia fronts, and (for an unknown reason) they built a hybrid and released it in 1994. this hybrid was known as the "SIL-EIGHTY", which is exterior-wise just a PS13 with an S13 front end. changes went further though, with changes to camshafts and the ECU, which gave roughly 16~18Kw more (not sure about how much more torque) than both the Silvia and 180SX. also, the suspension was tweaked for drifting purposes. Genuine Sil-eighty's are snap-tail happy, given too much power thru a corner will result in a drift, maybe a spin if you try too hard... Nissan only made about 400 genuine and documented examples, just about all were snapped up upon their release. now at auctions they apparently go for as much as immaculate R32 skyline GT-Rs"

But let's not discuss this here further, it's off-topic..
is it possible to lunch the modler first so we can start to make the model now?
Will players be able to make individual skins for mods like we can make custom skins for current cars and upload them to lfsworld for them to be seen by others?
Quote from englishlord :Will players be able to make individual skins for mods like we can make custom skins for current cars and upload them to lfsworld for them to be seen by others?

Yes, here is an example of a mod with custom skins - https://www.lfs.net/files/vehmods/39CEEB

Picture in the attachments too. .
Attached images
tt.png
will the "file" list on website have 1 more list for parts? e.g. wings, rim, safety car light.... etc
Quote from scania :will the "file" list on website have 1 more list for parts? e.g. wings, rim, safety car light.... etc

Talking out of my a$$ but I think there will be a button ,, Mods '' or something. No 3d models for addons (ex. like spoilers ) since you have to create them by yourself or buy them / use free 3d models with the permission of the creators of the obj.
can't wait to see a XRT Drift League
Quote from scania :will the "file" list on website have 1 more list for parts? e.g. wings, rim, safety car light.... etc

That's an interesting idea... The vehicle modeller allows people to import/export subobjects as files, so it would be nice to have a shared repository of various parts that people have created and which can be freely reused. But I guess it's not a high priority at the moment.
1 more question: will it support 6 wheeler?
Can't wait to get my hands on the modding tools.
Quote from scania :1 more question: will it support 6 wheeler?

I believe he answered that yesterday:
Quote from Scawen :...
At the moment you can make a truck but it must be four wheeled, as the LFS system has not been designed to handle more than 4 wheels. It might be possible in future, but at the moment I am faced with duplicating any changes in the development version to the public version so that makes it important not to change much in the existing system.

Quote from Scawen :Dear Community Members,

We have been working on a new system to support mods. We need a little more time to get to public testing, but there's quite a bit to show you and talk about already.

Thanks,

Scawen

It sounds like good.
A few quastions

1. Are new light system can be release without new traks?
2. Are new mods system can be release without new light system?

I hope no need big update client when you will release new light system after mods
Quote :Changes to hosting:

There will be some changes to the way game servers work. We believe the only way to prevent piracy is to no longer release any server code at all (or even support LAN games). For the new version, we will provide the servers, using our existing server rental system. Game server owners can use InSim connections to their servers. We are setting up internet servers in Europe, America and Asia so you should get a good ping wherever you are.

You can start a free server in game, using the "Start new host" button. But now, that starts a host running on one of our servers, instead of locally on your computer. When you leave a free server, it closes down after a few minutes.

If you want to run a full-fledged server, or multiple servers, that stay online all the time and store replays and layouts, you will be able to use our existing game server hosting system, but now you will be able to choose Europe, America or Asia for the location of your game server. We are still finalising the prices but we are thinking around a quarter of the current prices.

Question to Scawen.

We are really worried about this if we have to rent server for live for speed in the future. We have here in finland really high quality hosting server where our players can have 0 ping! Our GRIP Masters and SLADI Masters servers are the one off the best in the LFS Public server list and now we are afraid that we have to use in future laggy grappy servers! Give us channge to use high quality servers where players with good connections can have the best possible ping.
This thread is closed

LFS Mods Support - Coming Soon!
(330 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG