The online racing simulator
Quote from KevinRacer :I've heard people have a stutter in the game when someone leaves the pits, would this increase of "quality" worsen this stutter in the case someone leaves the pits with a mod that has more quality than any other lfs car for example? My pc does this stutter too but my pc is literally a disgusting slow machine Big grin.

Another question is about CMX viewer, will it be upgraded to implement these new mods ? When doing a skin i always use CMX to see the result and i guess it should be the same for mods.

I think this only happens when someone leave the pits in new skin which is not downloaded yet
Quote from Scawen :I'm not exactly sure what you mean but I will describe how it works.

If you create a mod based on any LFS car and you upload it, then you can use it on:
1) a server that allows all mods, or
2) a server that allows a limited set of mods, including your mod.

There is an option: Allow mods - yes / no

If mods are allowed, then all mods are allowed by default.

But of course there must be an option "allow mods A, B, C, D" and no others.

Actually this limited list of mods is not yet coded but I intend to enter public testing without that in place, as we don't want to delay more than necessary. In my mind the list of allowed mods becomes a very high priority as soon as the mods system is in public testing.

I wanted to say was following 😀

Imagine you create a mod that only changes very short things in the car.
Only apply the GTR steering wheel on a series car (we imagine XRT) instead of the original steering wheel, and we put a RollBar as it has real competition cars.

Question I wanted to ask is if this type of mods would be acceptable on any server Smile

Something that doesn't change engines, wheels etc. Leave the car as it is but only change those kind of significant things 😊
Quote from joaopaulopt :Question I wanted to ask is if this type of mods would be acceptable on any server Smile

As far as I undestood the Mods are for only S3 servers / S3 Licensed players. Also there will be an option if the server supports the mods or not.. Something like /mods=off , mods=on.
Quote from superlame :As far as I undestood the Mods are for only S3 servers / S3 Licensed players. Also there will be an option if the server supports the mods or not.. Something like /mods=off , mods=on.

Yeah I noticed that too.
But for example there are mods that can be created that may not change behavior and only be visual Smile
How to change the steering wheel of a current car (I gave the XRT example) by the other steering wheel eg GTR version Smile

I just wanted to know if this type of modification would be allowed, as I noticed in the video that there are mods that change engines, change wheels etc.

That's why I asked if these kind of mods (minimal changes) would certainly be accepted if it's any mod in general.

Because these kind of mods don't change anything at all without being just visual.
Well I mean this still counts as some kind of an modification. So I guess the S3 servers that doesnt allow mods, will be with stock lfs cars only.
Now NANO is happier
Quote from superlame :Hey Scawen. I have one questions. About the maximun polygons - 65535polys does that means for the whole car or per mesh.

is whole car i think
the single mesh on older versions is around 14.550 polys on gen_black
Quote from superlame :Well I mean this still counts as some kind of an modification. So I guess the S3 servers that doesnt allow mods, will be with stock lfs cars only.

Frown Oh that's too bad, it should stock version on engines and things that actually change the car's behavior (like wheels, engines and things that change physics)

Now, for example, having a different steering wheel, having a rollbar in a car (which track competition cars have) I think it shouldn't affect it Frown

It wouldn't be simple steering wheel that is already in the game as an XFR steering wheel on XFG for example that would affect something Smile

It's those kind of little changes that I think could be accepted that wouldn't make a difference in anybody's game.
OK I see what you mean. It's like people who made VOB mods in the old LFS, and they could make mods that only have a visual effect.

We aren't doing anything to support that type of modification. If you resave one of the old vobs, using the new editor, it is not guaranteed that it will remain in sync with the unmodified vob on the remote computers. The trouble is the order of vertices can change in the physics LOD so I don't know. It might depend on which vob you modify. The older it is, the more likely it will go out of sync.
Quote from MacedoSTI :is whole car i think
the single mesh on older versions is around 14.550 polys on gen_black

The current polys per mesh as far as i know - 16383.
That polygon limit (65535 triangles) is for the whole car, including all subobjects combined.

So there is no trick available by using subobjects to bypass the limit. Actually, non-moving subobjects are now combined into the main mesh, for efficiency, when the car is spawned.

In fact the editor has its own limits. You can create 32768 unique editor triangles. But each of these may be mirrored, so that could cause 65536 output triangles (which already exceeds the limit by 1).

In fact these may be double sided too so each editor triangle could create 4 output triangles. So it is quite possible for a single editor mesh to exceed the allowed triangle limit.

The normal thing for an LFS mesh is that most triangles are mirrored, except the ones that you want different on each side (like dashboard). Double sided is less common.
You thought well for piracy, so there will be more licensees from turkey
Quote from Scawen :OK I see what you mean. It's like people who made VOB mods in the old LFS, and they could make mods that only have a visual effect.

We aren't doing anything to support that type of modification. If you resave one of the old vobs, using the new editor, it is not guaranteed that it will remain in sync with the unmodified vob on the remote computers. The trouble is the order of vertices can change in the physics LOD so I don't know. It might depend on which vob you modify. The older it is, the more likely it will go out of sync.

Oh ok Smile
Thanks for the info Smile
that's what i would like to know

I thought it was interesting to use a small modification instead of being a road car (clear visual) being a track car with a rollbar and sports steering wheel like GTR Smile
That in Sim Racing events makes sense to have cars like that Smile
Quote from yusuf_delil :You thought well for piracy, so there will be more licensees from turkey

It is a dream to have more licenses in Turkey with this pricing for this economy.
Turkey already has one of the cheapest licences
Will we be able to define what gets changed live in F11 menu on modded cars?
Quote from gu3st :Turkey already has one of the cheapest licences

The problem isn't that it's cheap for you, it's that it's expensive to Turks because of the economy.
How would you make a skin for a modded vehicle? i assume you can use photoshop or gimp if mod creator provided a skin template. Now if i'd use blender or any other 3D program that is much easier to make skins on, i would need OBJ file for that mod. I assume LFS modeler uses OBJ files then converts to VOB once exported as a mod?

So does that mean you would have to ask for someone to provide obj file so that you could make a skin for it? Or is it too much copyright stuff?

Would be great to have some sort of primitive car painter.
Quote from gu3st :Turkey already has one of the cheapest licences

It may be cheap for you, but Turkey's economy is very bad and getting a license is very difficult.
Quote from Scawen :That polygon limit (65535 triangles) is for the whole car, including all subobjects combined.

Would be possible to raise this limit only for offline (single player mode)?
To allow some sort of better quality mods (without a polygon limit) for single player / film mode? Shrug
Quote from NumberTwo :Will we be able to define what gets changed live in F11 menu on modded cars?

yes
Quote from Drifteris :How would you make a skin for a modded vehicle? i assume you can use photoshop or gimp if mod creator provided a skin template. Now if i'd use blender or any other 3D program that is much easier to make skins on, i would need OBJ file for that mod. I assume LFS modeler uses OBJ files then converts to VOB once exported as a mod?

So does that mean you would have to ask for someone to provide obj file so that you could make a skin for it? Or is it too much copyright stuff?

Would be great to have some sort of primitive car painter.

Skin parts are projected onto user-defined triangles (from top/side/front/etc). unless your car has a very complex shape, it is relatively easy step.
Quote from michal 1279 :yes

Are we talking only arb and brake balance or clean slate and we can do what we want?

Can we make car have active aero?

Can a modded car utilize ground effect aero?

Does underbody aero get affected to same level as wing aero when following other car?
It's all the existing LFS physics and features, but with editors.

Also some basic EV support and centrifugal clutch for karts.

Hotlaps have been preserved. This is not an aerodynamic physics overhaul.
Lindamente esperando
This thread is closed

LFS Mods Support - Coming Soon!
(330 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG