The online racing simulator
I don't get the problem or the people...

...it is easier then easy!

if you like it - buy it.
if not - do not...

thats it!
RIP 17.2e
Bought this to support u guys in hope to see new content soon.
Please don't let this game die.
Quote from Nighthawk :I don't get the problem or the people...

There are some,who feel robbed. They feel that they haven't received something hardly promised. And they want everything for free,because they're "loyal customers".

Black sheeps are everywhere,especially in internet forums,don't care about them too much. Big grin
Scawen, I dare you to unblock the reverse configurations. This is a limitations for demo users, not VIP Ya right

Hug

To be serious, this is an awsome update. I like it !!!
Seems like the Hotlap Analyzer isn't working with the new Rockingham combos.. Everything just shows up blank
Attached images
rafa.png
Quote from Pasci :Wrong/Missing "stage" Version for dedicated Hosts:
http://www.lfsworld.net/hoststatus/?h=^1[SVRT]^7TeamServer&onlycontent

I get:
[SVRT]TeamServer
Mode
, Qualification 30 minutes

fixed
Quote from delis :Seems like the Hotlap Analyzer isn't working with the new Rockingham combos.. Everything just shows up blank

Looks like I will have to dust off the Flash IDE to fix this one.
Hopefully I'll have an update later today.
i see new track,but where is the s3?
good joke and nice money boost for new year
S1 - 6 cars, 3 tracks
S1 to S2 - 11 cars, 3 tracks
S2 to S3 - 1 track + the same ol' "we're working on more, but can't promise anything"

Yeah, I think I'll wait. I'm sorry guys, but this doesn't look very promising. I know that I should probably be happy that we got anything at all, but I just can't get my head around this.

Honestly, even though I sort of gave up with LFS, I knew that I would return if S3 was ever released. But now, I'm not so sure anymore. S3 is here and I'm more disappointed than ever.
Quote from Victor :fixed

Hm, ok thanks

...but does this get request return the stage version of the current config (currently it was the Aston track then I get S2). After changing to the new S3 track I get S3.

The returned stage version does NOT represent the configured stage mode in setup.cfg?
Nice surprise. I updated my licence right away when I saw the news.

I have not even tried the track. Will try it when I have more time.

I don't understand people who are complaining.

Merry Christmas and hoping some great content in 2016. Nod
Quote from thezero :S1 - 6 cars, 3 tracks
S1 to S2 - 11 cars, 3 tracks
S2 to S3 - 1 track + the same ol' "we're working on more, but can't promise anything"

Yeah, I think I'll wait. I'm sorry guys, but this doesn't look very promising. I know that I should probably be happy that we got anything at all, but I just can't get my head around this.

Honestly, even though I sort of gave up with LFS, I knew that I would return if S3 was ever released. But now, I'm not so sure anymore. S3 is here and I'm more disappointed than ever.

Admittedly, I did have a vaguely similar thought when I saw the release yesterday. However, I took it more as a positive thing. S1, S2 and S3 have always been content based, so I saw Rockingham as the start of S3 content, and certainly not the last. I look forward to the rest of the S3 content. Scawen has also explained in the past, that he does not want to release certain vehicles until he has nailed the all-important tyre phyiscs. The VWS is not released due to this too I bet. So, my prediction is this. Scawen has stated he is getting back to tyre phyiscs. If and when that is sufficiently modelled, I'd like to hope that plenty more content follows it....like a LOT of content! Wink

The LFS team has to make money at the end of the day, and rolling out Rockingham gives them the finance to continue with the project. Kudos to such a great development from such a small team. Playing a few races last night reminded me how much I still enjoy racing in LFS. I know its not perfect and I'll probably only race for a few weeks around Christmas. I'm happy to spend my 12quid and enjoy a new track for now, and hope for the future big stuff.
I'm currently enjoying Rockingham on the cargame Server Smile

I paid 17,12 € for S3 and I think that's not a big deal compared to what you have to pay for a track in iRacing.
Quote from Ion MD :nope. it still not working even after a full reinstall.. But it worked fine in previous version, before the update.

even the replays video can't watch. Problems are with the loading of the content, smth there...

Can you give a detailed description of what happens?

For example, when it it that you get a black screen? Is the entry screen visible when you first start LFS? Is there any difference when you load Blackwood or another track? Does the whole screen go black or is the interface text still visible?

Also I forgot to ask, what graphics card do you have? I'm wondering if it could be related to the new shaders, that will not work on graphics cards, more than around 10 years old.
Full price for single bit of early access type of content for existing old game with very high chance of that content never materializing? £12 for one track? Even kaemmer doesn't ask that much for their tracks. I paid less for the nordschleife. Wish I had something positive to say.
Quote from Hyperactive :with very high chance of that content never materializing?

This is the key part of your statement.
Please elaborate.
Quote from Pasci :Hm, ok thanks

...but does this get request return the stage version of the current config (currently it was the Aston track then I get S2). After changing to the new S3 track I get S3.

The returned stage version does NOT represent the configured stage mode in setup.cfg?

I get that host status value directly from LFS. It represents the current state of the host and who can join it.
The internal setting for the "mode" value only determines which tracks / cars you and clients (if allowed) are able to select.
So has anything changed with the track/graphics/physics since Rockingham was back first spotted back in 2009?
I think it wasn't in this HD quality back then, so yes.. Retextured with knowledge of Westhill 2.0

At least it looks like this.
erm...that blue part on the track is a bug or maybe i have some graphics driver problem?
Attached images
rockingham.jpg
Quote from Lacko86 :erm...that blue part on the track is a bug or maybe i have some graphics driver problem?

I don't think it's a bug or anything. Looks like a patch of different kind of tarmac.
To all mad/sad/robbed/negative people here saying that we had no real updates in last years:

Really? Didn't you get completely reworked new Westhill for free? With a HUGE amount of "off-track" stuff? Wasn't the layout editor improved?
2 years ago, you could build some basic stuff with red-white barriers hoping you don't get epileptic fit from driving around them. Now? You can build almost anything you can think of - huge ramps, loopings, buildings etc... The amount of placeable objects increased by THOUSAND!!! FOR FREE!

And now you are moaning about "pre-released" Rockingham costing 12 pounds...

Also, you are not forced to buy it if you don't want to so be quiet.
Quote from michal 1279 :To all mad/sad/robbed/negative people here saying that we had no real updates in last years:

Really? Didn't you get completely reworked new Westhill for free? With a HUGE amount of "off-track" stuff? Wasn't the layout editor improved?
2 years ago, you could build some basic stuff with red-white barriers hoping you don't get epileptic fit from driving around them. Now? You can build almost anything you can think of - huge ramps, loopings, buildings etc... The amount of placeable objects increased by THOUSAND!!! FOR FREE!

And now you are moaning about "pre-released" Rockingham costing 12 pounds...

+1 ! And remember that they are 3 devs for this amazing game. Take Asseto Corsa, there must be more than 20 people developing it. So just be happy of what these 3 awesome guys have made for us.

Peace.
Quote from michal 1279 :Really? Didn't you get completely reworked new Westhill for free? With a HUGE amount of "off-track" stuff? Wasn't the layout editor improved?

This could be happened much earlier than this year.

Quote from michal 1279 :And now you are moaning about "pre-released" Rockingham costing 12 pounds...

The forum was made for that that people can talk and discuss things. So leave your "be quiet" for yourself.

It's overpriced for now honestly. For that price I can buy 2 other racing sims with good physics and lot of licensed cars/tracks.

I'd like to get S3 right now but there's no guarantees we will get something new next week or next 5 years.
You are not forced to upgrade. I trust and have belief that new content will be added and then those 12 pounds will seem like a bargain to those who are moaning about the price.

Developers have been working hard to release new updates..New westhill, new shaders, optimized game, improved layout editor.
This thread is closed

New Version 0.6K - Rockingham
(558 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG