The online racing simulator
The curb weight of the Nismo is ~1760kg, so 1825 sounds good with the driver.

The rear end is indeed that nervous IRL under braking, according to Aris.
GTR seems to handle perfectly according to what testers wrote : crap chassis, crap handling, good traction, understeer most of times, super tires making the car very efficient especially in slow corners Big grin
I like it anyway, but I prefer driving the 458 for example.
The Toyota GT86's handling is very nice. Looks like a race car Smile
The Audi is a beast from the past, very nice. The Miura is kind of undriveable as I was expecting, the Mito is a nice small car. A high powered FWD with soul would maybe be a nice addition (like a Ford Focus as they got a Ford license if I am right)
Could anyone "obtain" the GTRs ini files for me? I'd like to take a look at the AWD controller stuff but am away from my Steam computer for some time.
Not sure if the audi s1 is awful or awesome. Atm I'm kinda leaning towards awesome. In a way it drives exactly like I expected but at the same I did not expect to like it.
I quite like the Quattro.

I guess is drives like it should drive: Like a slapped together homologation platform with an early all wheel drive system, that still has massive flaws.
It's just as horrible in AC as it is IRL.
It's one of my favorite cars now, this combo..

What I found strange when I use it the first (and only time) time, is that the handbrak is very efficient. I would have supposed it would have worked like the rallycar of the time : as the center diff does not open, this one would make the car to not turn properly by having some effects on the front wheels ... here it looks like a modern rallycar doing 180° instantaneously !
Other than that, the kind of soft supsension is quite funny, as the car has lots of grip with quite poor tires.
I tested the proposed settings, but it was by far too "strong", I mean it was not accurate at all. I had to decrease some of the values to have something 'driveable' Big grin

Anyway, since 1.2.3 update, I cannot brake correctly anymore the cars with ABS ... seems 20-30m more are needed on long braking zone ... this looks weird and do not give a good feeling. Sometimes you release the brake and the car is slowing down more, sometimes not ... I may miss something, but the feeling is not great
They claim on the release note that some cars were having oversteer under braking and it is fixed... take the SLS, automatic handbrake implementation in corner entry would do the same imo. I was finding it nice when it came out ... it is no more the case !
glad to hear, thx
The new update is really great..

Did a lap in the Mazda 787B around Nordscleife.

Turn the cheat line off if you're going to crow about a world record on Youtube.
Thumbs up Good moan

On or off doesnt make a difference for me, its only there as visual aid for the viewer.

Dreampack2
Quote from DIE PEST :

Dreampack2

Is that car in the 2nd pic a ruf of some sorts? The dash vents look a bit porschy. Where did you find that pic? Smile
I thought Dream Pack 2 was to be focused 'only' on Audi / Lamborghini (and Catalunya).
Yes, it would be interesting to know where you did find these pics Wink
Quote from Storm_Cloud :Turn the cheat line off if you're going to crow about a world record on Youtube.

Ok ok Mister cloud, can You abide now?

Holy no oh no - no virtuel racing line and goes faster still? Good point cloud, I like that arrogance..Nod

What happened to the tachometer HUD?
Quote from lamerr :The new update is really great..

Did a lap in the Mazda 787B around Nordscleife.

Fast lap! Well done.

One thing about AC though is that the ambient sounds are way too loud.

If you were in this car in real life with a helmet on (and presumably ear plugs in) I imagine you'd hear a more muffled version of the screaming engine and hardly any of the ambient squeaks and squeals you do in the game.
I wish they'd simulate this better in the game.

(and don't get me started on being able to hear the crowd clapping you on some circuits!)
Well I personally prefer to hear the cars as they sound and preferrably little more aggressive and raspy to compensate for their loudness (or lack of in sims). I don't like for example how in iracing all the cars sound too clean. Like the audio guy went and took away all the irregularities and small defects from the samples.

And I like to keep my audio levels reasonable because I don't want to get kicked out from my apartment Tongue. So some kind of "faked loudness effect" is fine for me.

I'm not fan of dynamic sounds either as I like to set my sound volume so that it works throughout the rev range. Not so that I can't hear anything at low revs and then go deaf at high revs.

Also if you want to hear how it sounds with earplugs then wear ear plugs Smile. Should not be difficult with headphones.

Personally I really like the constant squeking and squeeling sounds the cars make. I'd wish they'd make these kind of sounds all the time and had more nuances to them. And not just when you hit a relatively big bump. All those noises are a distraction in the real cars and it should be like that in a sim too I'd imagine (never driven a real race car).
Quote from lamerr :
Holy no oh no - no virtuel racing line and goes faster still? Good point cloud, I like that arrogance..Nod

Really no reason to be cocky about two flawed laps with the exact same count of mistakes. 2c

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG