The online racing simulator
Back in the days i remember race cars (and lots of driveable apron vehicles) for the MS Flightsims

still did not expect this to emerge for AC:

Dat Williams FW37 is awesome

So I'm finally thinking about getting another serious racing sim. AC being on sale right now on Steam is a huge temptation, as I don't have a lot of money at this moment.

Now, I've tried AC for a few hours (please don't ask me how), and I know I'll love the physics and handling, graphics, ffb, everything.

I'm also pretty sure that rFactor 2 would do the same for me. It doesn't look as good, but it's still nice to look at.

Now here comes the issue:
Some people have said that the online in AC is a mess because you get so many bad drivers on public servers.

Some people have said that the online in rFactor 2 is a problem because half of all servers will have some sort of mod configuration running that you don't have, and you'll spend ages looking for the right server.

What is your take on this? If the online mode in AC is enjoyable without joining a racing league and relying on fixed racing times etc (I don't have much time to race), then it's an almost instant buy for me.

If not, I seriously have to think about forking over the 50 USD for rf2. Also, rf2 has dynamic weather and this awesome, awesome "real road" feature...
Get both!
Aahaha, saw that coming Tilt
Don't have the money right now (I do, but I need it for other things), but if my current return to sim racing turns out to be more than a short flashback for me, I'm pretty sure I'll eventually get rf2 as well. I wouldn't mind the $12 annual fee at all - it's just the $50 starting price that puts me off.

Anyway, I caved in already and got AC. If it's good enough to keep me at the wheel doing hotlaps by myself, then I guess it'll do. It's the first game since LFS that has done that for me.

I still love LFS to bits. The cars and tracks have so much character, and they're so, so well designed in terms of their behavior. So far, I still enjoy them more than anything I've driven in AC up to now. The XRG is my favorite of them all...but I just can't find any race servers anymore that feature it.
After few hours (yes, it is not "instant") driving some supercars in AC, you will enjoy driving in it Big grin (big fan of LFS speaking)
At least, I have been able to do WRs on RSR with rwd (in fact there are almost only rwd cars in AC ... this is the problem), what in LFS is almost out of scope for me Big grin . After beeing a bit used to it, the handling is quite good for the cars I have tested (I admit that some are behaving quite strangely), and it looks like what you can read about the real car : a good point. As currently, having cars in LFS behaving correctly (I mean how a real car would) is not so possible, so having AC doing the thing quite well (not in 100% cases for sure Big grin ) is a very good thing !!
Never tested rf2.
Online is a bit of a pain in the a##.
You'll get wreckers which ever game you play in the public servers.
I haven't touch RF2. But I do enjoy AC and I setup a private server for just friends.
LFS is still the best for online play. If AC can sort their sh#t out and make things more user friendly it will go a long for the longevity of the game.
I think I finally had some fun with the F40. Until now it has been kinda love/hate relationship. Such so unpredictable and just plain difficult car to drive. Get the corner entry little bit wrong and you die every time from the catch fencing decapitating you from behind.

But decided to join a server online which had the yellow bird and the f40 s3. Both cars were really nice but the s3 was just beautiful on that track. It's like either the track was made for the car or the car was made for that track. Every corner was balanced crazy fun sim awesomeness instead of typical awkward spinning around and around. Even the last corner which I thought was the type of corner the f40 was especially programmed to not go around was just amazing. Brake late, turn in with holding the car on the right trajectory and once you are near the mid point give it all the power and the car just drives out from the corner like an *insert animal" on pcb.

Monza is deffo not a track for the ruf though. And it being monza t1 is like getting into elevator that can hold only 5 people with 20 other people and hope everybody survives the 20 story freefall...
Not very fair to run F40 s3 vs CTR
Only if server admin could force to use 'semis' on F40, on 90' slicks it's no contest
Yeah s3 eats the ruf for breakfast. But that being said there wasn't much racing anyways. Most people were struggling to keep the cars on road at all.
what does that mean ? dirt-mud and a rallycar or rx-car in AC for next patch ?Big grin
4 words: Rally pack

Basically now it is possible to make rallycross tracks, tires and cars I think. Wonder how kunos will implement rally tires. Currently there is no line in the tires.ini for thread height for example so if kunos plans to go with highest grip values=best grip on dirt surfaces then with some cars slick tires will be the best ones. For rallycross tracks which have both dirt and tarmac surfaces this would be kinda problematic...
Finally did a multiplayer race, love this car.

RedBull Ring is quite beautiful into your vid.
For those who had missed the annoucement, the Bonus pack (=free) is coming in July and will contain :
Alfa Romeo Mito Quadrifoglio Verde
Audi Sport Quattro
Lamborghini Miura
Nissan Nismo GT-R
Toyota GT-86
Circuit of Zandvoort
Yeah, that track look amazing. Even Tristan probably couldn't validly pick on the coloring; when I panned down originally I first thought it was a real Youtube video for a second.
To my eyes the cars look a bit too shiny Tongue
mercedes 190 and bmw 235i the best car for me
very fun to drive
btw: Boris nice vid
go go go

Great mod. Well worth the time.
Is the brake bias adjustable? The real life stock Miata doesn't seem to slide that much under braking.
Quote from Keling :Is the brake bias adjustable? The real life stock Miata doesn't seem to slide that much under braking.

That car in that video doesn't slide much at all either; only under very extreme circumstances. As far as I can see, you have to be basically reckless with it to induce "oversteer" (quotes because it's still so mild). Seems like a fairly neutral, naturally under-steering but possibly over-steering car from that video. That seems about right for a stock Miata?

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG