The online racing simulator
The donation part is what bugs me most. I'm sort of ok with ripped material as long as its not presented as 100% original (and honestly, we will never know if people use, say, a model of a rim or wiper or whatever in their project that they found online. I started of with the low poly roof section of a (I guess) NFS High Stakes police porsche at the very start of my modelling, long since replaced with new mesh). But "charging" money for it, and cheat on other people relaying on your model (user CCX)?
That is bad.
This showroom is sick Smile

Quote from ACCAkut :The donation part is what bugs me most. I'm sort of ok with ripped material as long as its not presented as 100% original (and honestly, we will never know if people use, say, a model of a rim or wiper or whatever in their project that they found online. I started of with the low poly roof section of a (I guess) NFS High Stakes police porsche at the very start of my modelling, long since replaced with new mesh). But "charging" money for it, and cheat on other people relaying on your model (user CCX)?
That is bad.

Banned for a week is quite funny. It's "almost" as though they don't want to put people off doing the same thing.
Quote from sinbad :
Quote from ACCAkut :The donation part is what bugs me most. I'm sort of ok with ripped material as long as its not presented as 100% original (and honestly, we will never know if people use, say, a model of a rim or wiper or whatever in their project that they found online. I started of with the low poly roof section of a (I guess) NFS High Stakes police porsche at the very start of my modelling, long since replaced with new mesh). But "charging" money for it, and cheat on other people relaying on your model (user CCX)?
That is bad.

Banned for a week is quite funny. It's "almost" as though they don't want to put people off doing the same thing.

Then they wouldn't have such a strict policy regarding ripped mods? Like instant ban of even posting a screenshot with it..
Banned for week, lol seriously? That's not a punishment. That's not even a slap on the wrists. At least I would have expected him to give back all his donations to even consider letting him come back.
Didn't like nunca from the start but a damn shame, db9 gt3 would of been just great.
Is it just me getting worse at sim driving or does AC physics/control require some different kind of technique/style to be fast? I don't hotlap very often but when I did in LFS, I could ususally get reasonably close to WR, and was within 0.1s or so for a few combos. However in AC whatever combo I chose the RSR timing WR looks like god's work to me.
Depends on the combo, if it's too popular ofcourse you'll struggle to keep up with the best times. I can go within a second, 2 if it's a longer track, on most combos.. same as i did in LFS.
Keling ur not the first one who had that experience. Often racers in LFS tried shortening wheel rotation and being overly aggressive. Sliding the car into the corner with opposite lock, even handbraking it though corner has nothing to do with hairpin. All of this because LFS tyre model did not scrub enough speed off whilst out of control. All the while we all know that's wrong.

Some of us upheld to driving as realistic as possible and when getting to AC finally seeing this difference. Ofc u can still slide, but its just that much slower. A step more towards realism. U do not have to be utterly smooth like with I racing bcos u can catch a slide if u got the skill for it, but being in control is far more productive.

All this gives a better feeling of what the car is doing. Ur now paying attention when approaching the limit as much as you've been going over it.
Dont forget that most of the WR's were set before 1.0 All the cars got slower after 1.0, some by up to 2 seconds a lap.

RSR are releasing the new version of their app in the next few days and are resetting all the times.
Collider update, misc changes to setup. Fun to fly over the Adelaide kerbs on 2 wheels Big grin http://www.mediafire.com/?mxjdsd2an2atf

Which reminds me, has anyone been able to do long-form stunt 2-wheeling in the same way it's possible in LFS?
Grobnik 1.2 looking great, one of the best combos this..

Quote from Boris Lozac :Grobnik 1.2 looking great, one of the best combos this..

We need a pro Grobnik server. Admin should pick a car. Change it every 3 days and we will have more regional players in AC. Something we had with SERT at LFS. My first league. SERt demo, then OPS back in the days.
Good times Smile
-
(Andrea1) DELETED by Scawen : spam
-
(Boris Lozac) DELETED by Boris Lozac
Guys, Rockingham 0.1 beta is out. Go try it. What I can say is, we would of had so much fun with it if LFS ever delivered.
^^ Yup, looks promising. Havn't had the chance to try it yet. Will be interesting to see the comparison LFS - AC eventually.
Spoiler - click to reveal

I do not see the date nor the price Big grin !!
got a little sidetracked while waiting for feedback for my 996s beta build ...

I can see why ripped models are attractive for people, results come a lot faster. No, I won't ever publish this for obvious reasons.

(found the render model in a Zcars.rar dating back to 2008)
Attached images
Zwischenablage01.jpg
Why so many tracks, gonna be an all-nighter?
I just put some random tracks in the rotation, but the rotation doesn't work any more with latest AC server and freejoin it seems.
Quote from troy :I just put some random tracks in the rotation, but the rotation doesn't work any more with latest AC server and freejoin it seems.

hold on, did it ever work?

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG