The online racing simulator
If only he optimized the track some more, he reckons 1GB graphic cards are the minority, what?
Quote from Boris Lozac :If only he optimized the track some more, he reckons 1GB graphic cards are the minority, what?

I agree with Him, 1GB is the past, but this track runs surprisingly well with my 1,2GB card, didn't touch my settings, only lowered the shadows form high to medium, never dips below 60fps
It's a million times more optimised than anything by AC/SIMTRAXX, GP200 by the "famous" madcowie and a fair bunch of other tracks, and most of the time I get 60 FPS in multiplayer with my ancient laptop. If someone requires further optimisation of this track, just, :|
FPS is not the problem, it stutters every second, that's why it's unplayable. And it loads for 3 minutes..

Can you list the specs of that ancient laptop? Smile
Setting pre-rendered frames to 2 or 3 can help with stuttering without causing input lag, imo. I don't get any non-FPS related stutters, in fact some KS tracks such as Monza are heavier than LuccaRing in places. i5-3210m, 630m with 2 GB dedicated. I have all graphics down to off/minimum @ 720p to get 60 FPS, that's how bad the GPU is.
Well i could try that (all low/off) but why would i make the game look like rFactor just for this track, it's not that good.
Agreed, great track, (why do we get so much more excited about "real" tracks again?). Runs well on my budget system at Medium settings but it takes a long time to load.
I wouldn't be excited at all if it was totally made up track, but it isn't, it's a real piece of road exactly like it is in rl, he just added fences and kerbs.. that's why it was appealing to me in the first place Smile
Runs nicely for me, although impossible to drive with mouse.

I think I have my terrible looking AC partially sorted.
Quote from Boris Lozac :I wouldn't be excited at all if it was totally made up track, but it isn't, it's a real piece of road exactly like it is in rl, he just added fences and kerbs.. that's why it was appealing to me in the first place Smile

I know it's based on real roads, I just don't see what difference it makes, at all. Smile
Quote from sinbad :
Quote from Boris Lozac :I wouldn't be excited at all if it was totally made up track, but it isn't, it's a real piece of road exactly like it is in rl, he just added fences and kerbs.. that's why it was appealing to me in the first place Smile

I know it's based on real roads, I just don't see what difference it makes, at all. Smile

It does in my wierd mind Smile It's like i was 'liberated' from fantasy stuff with AC, and i can't get back to it Smile
Quote from sinbad :I know it's based on real roads, I just don't see what difference it makes, at all. Smile

I think there is a great difference between totally fantasy tracks and ones based on real life roads and layouts. Hard to explain, but totally fantasy tends to feel different.
I imagine that's because most tracks which are created adhere to regulations. Fantasy tracks often have corners and sections which wouldn't be permitted hence feel 'different'.

I am sure however if someone did the Monaco had it never existed prior most would say it felt 'too fantasy'.
I think one important thing is that real circuits have certain inaccuracies which add character. Little changes in camber, slight "non roundness" of the corner arcs etc. Some fictious tracks have perfectly round corners and undulations. Also many fictious tracks don't have any bumps modelled in the surface which takes away lots of character imho.
Honestly, it seems like it would be very easy to add such character in to a completely fictitious track. Poorly modelled "real" circuits are often much more devoid of character than some fantasy circuits are, and some real circuits are devoid of character no matter what.

This circuit reminded me of the Rome circuits in the Gran Turismo games, and that's no bad thing. I could not care any less that those roads are actual roads in real life. It makes zero difference.
Is it just me or has dx11.ini been removed in release version? How do I change max prerendered frames now?
^^ It was replaced by graphics.ini if I remember correctly...
exactly.
For whatever reason I did not try that truck mod (volvo fh thingy) earlier but I just did some laps around imola in it. Great fun. Only the ffb needs some work as it is only a heavy center spring but I liked it so much I'm considering dropping the lx8 and do some truck racing mod instead.

where did you find this ? Big grin
(talking about the first picture ^^ )
Quote from Flotch :where did you find this ? Big grin
(talking about the first picture ^^ )

On Assetto Corsas Facebook page Smile
Sexy! (and I'm also talking about the first picture ^^)
Don't have a consistent internet connection now and forced to play single player, so I tried the career. I know this is a Kunos title, but what exactly were they smoking when they came up with such "time attack mode" madness?

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG