The online racing simulator
not convinced personnally. Other cars with semislick tyres do handle better in my opinion/feeling.
Anyway, I like driving it, but if I take some AI opponents with the McLaren (slightly more power, same weight, same tyres size), I cannot follow them in corner, in straight line there is no way , only braking may allow you to be quicker, while I do not think the difference is that high in real unless you are using different tyres compound. Currently, it seems the 458 is sharp in the wrong way of feeling, while the other cars are sharp too, but are more "grippy" and allow better cornering speed in many cases ...
Anyway, there is a missing feature to completly be able to tune the car in the setting menu , I could maybe find what is struggling me with this damned Ferrari ^^
How much did you drive the 458 (in the sim)? I did some racing in it in the last patch and at first the car does feels understeery. But when you get the braking correct the car just flies into corners with 4 wheel slides.

The mclaren is faster than the 458.

Haven't driven the 458 in the new patch but it does look like a lot of cars understeer more than they did in last patch.
Quote from tristancliffe :Have you ever driven a 458? Why do you think it would be difficult?

That's not the point, there isn't really a difficult car these days to drive unless you start to actually race with it, aka driving it aggressively.

This; http://youtu.be/TmCkdbdCOog?t=5m15s .. You can drive like that @AC with a 458?

By the way one of my other comments about my experience yesterday was.. And I now remembered it because I've just seen this;
http://youtu.be/N4AO6llCNYg?t=2m30s

It sounds like my vacuum cleaner.

---
But maybe I need to focus on the BMW E90 if thats your preference because thats my daily car :S
No you need a check on your ears.. If you say thats the proper sound of a V8 then I am basically done with this thread. Ridiculous.
Maybe I was a bit too optimistic by saying the 458 and the McLaren were 'similar' : the british one is 140Kg lighter ...
I have to dig ...
-
(Töki (HUN)) DELETED by Töki (HUN)
There is actually some fmod documentation and examples/sounds that comes with ac in the dev or sdk folder.
yes, but at the same time one of the Dev wrote in the sound subforum that its currently not possible to use sounds made with that tutorial.

Some other guy still did it:

Yup, we've got sounds in our mod too (just been doing some laps to compare data with reality).
your mod? Which mod is that?
Making my F3 car with the help of several guys overseas. Lots of measurements, lots of data, and next weekend I've got to try and record some vaguely decent audio (which is tricky as I don't have decent audio recording devices).

Need to work on the tyres a bit more, but the laptimes from the released circuits (and a few that won't be released due to legal reasons) are very close at the moment. The refining is what will take the time though, but I think it's already going to help validate my setup for my next race, and has encouraged a few tweaks to the gearing that I probably wouldn't have tried in real life (as I don't do testing).
Quote from Hyperactive :How much did you drive the 458 (in the sim)? I did some racing in it in the last patch and at first the car does feels understeery. But when you get the braking correct the car just flies into corners with 4 wheel slides.

The mclaren is faster than the 458.

Haven't driven the 458 in the new patch but it does look like a lot of cars understeer more than they did in last patch.

I give it a chance again on Spa ... and i have to admit that with some tuning it is not that bad ^^ ... Even if like cargame.nl said you feel quickly you are a pilot while I am not sure it is the case . The feeling is even more extreme in LaFerrari : without TC you can be a hero without sweat !!
This is what the 458 gt2 shoud sound like

http://youtu.be/ALaF-5SKI8o

I do know tho that luca has only finished the cobra so far, the 458 gt2 and z4 gt3 both have almost finished exterior sounds but interior is still wip.
Quote from tristancliffe :Small gripe with latest patch is with rear axle performance on extreme trail braking with standard cars, but I'm sure they'll be resolved soon - probably just a bug or a typo somewhere in the code.

Please kindly post this in AC bugs forum! Not many people have the expertise to notice and/or to describe this is sufficient detail. Otherwise it may well be overlooked as they have a tonne of work to do etc.
I still cant see why everyone raves on about AC. Its way to arcadey to be a real sim IMO. LFS and Iracing to me achieve the title of proper simulators.

And in terms of MP, LFS is still the best of any Sim.
Quote from tiptop114 :I still cant see why everyone raves on about AC. Its way to arcadey to be a real sim IMO. LFS and Iracing to me achieve the title of proper simulators.

And in terms of MP, LFS is still the best of any Sim.

and why you found it arcady ?

did you even test it ?
"Oh look somebody has a different opinion then me about a product which I am thrilled about, there must be something wrong with him!" ... Well, what Rockclan said is right, these kind of discussions belongs here; https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/77511-Kunos-Simulazioni---Assetto-Corsa/page/302 .. If you dare to bother. Wouldnt spend too much time on it. Hyping products is something of all times comparable to pop music, true quality stays (if it doesnt get killed) and the Justin Biebers will be forgotten again, although it sometimes takes some time.
Quote from cargame.nl :"Oh look somebody has a different opinion then me about a product which I am thrilled about, there must be something wrong with him!" ... Well, what Rockclan said is right, these kind of discussions belongs here; https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/77511-Kunos-Simulazioni---Assetto-Corsa/page/302 .. If you dare to bother. Wouldnt spend too much time on it. Hyping products is something of all times comparable to pop music, true quality stays (if it doesnt get killed) and the Justin Biebers will be forgotten again, although it sometimes takes some time.

I just try to understand how can he say arcady without any arguments ? false things are very common in internet, I can very well flam lfs/iracing/pcars... and say to everyone that is arcady game from last decade like you try to do with ac, but it's simply not the truth, I just don't understand especially those kind of comments who dont give any valide arguments just to troll game that other enjoy... what the point to do that ?
Arcadey? That's the stupidest thing I've ever read.
What times you can do with the LaF at the Ring (v1.1)?
*with the street tires of course
beating this record is not that easy
Quote from Intrepid :Arcadey? That's the stupidest thing I've ever read.

you never proofread your own posts for spelling mistakes?
Well no I don't 'proofread' and it looks like neither do you by the looks of it. Words that start sentences are capitalised.

There are no spelling mistakes in my post (Arcadey isn't a real word it's referring to the previous comment). Really, I have no idea what you're talking about.
Is there any LFS action going on anytime?
Just started playing this again, can anyone recommend some sites for setups please?

I tried to find a Formula Arbath @ Spa, couldn't find any

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG