The online racing simulator
Quote from Scawen :Hmm, I don't really understand that. Are you sure it's using the same texture in both images? The pylons at Blackwood were already using plain ALPHA and still are, so shouldn't really change.

Maybe you can check your pylon2_ALP (F9) and pylon2ALPHA (F8) versions of that texture to see if they are the same? In my version (using the new re-exported texture) they seem to look quite good in the distance.

My F8 and F9 are in same folder, just named differently.
Since installing 0.6F9 with S2 unlocked i can't use non-demo content.
The trees now somehow blend in and look better. Maybe its just because I've never really looked at them that much? You be the judge
Attached images
F9_1.jpg
F9_2.jpg
F9_4.jpg
F9_5.jpg
F9_6.jpg
F9_7.jpg
They surely do look better!
Of course you do not look at them that much, but now they look a lot better without having to rebuild the game entirely . And what is important is that they look good while you are driving fast, not necessarily while you are stopped taking a picture
Quote from Scawen :
Quote from josemspain :It would be so great if my LFS settings keeps equal than before updating the game.
I am a mouse player and all my mouse configuration get erased every time I update the game.
Is there a way to keep the settings?

I don't really know what this means. Which settings exactly disappear? Is this every time you install a test patch? I don't see any reason for that, but could have a look if you describe a simple case of how to reproduce the problem.

Ohhhhhhh okay, I did something wrong. I made a copy of the LFS folder and changed it name. So all path were wrong. Now I have switched the folder names and all OK.

Furthermore, how do I know if I have installed any custom textures?

thanks
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :
Quote from Scawen :Hmm, I don't really understand that. Are you sure it's using the same texture in both images? The pylons at Blackwood were already using plain ALPHA and still are, so shouldn't really change.

Maybe you can check your pylon2_ALP (F9) and pylon2ALPHA (F8) versions of that texture to see if they are the same? In my version (using the new re-exported texture) they seem to look quite good in the distance.

My F8 and F9 are in same folder, just named differently.

The two versions use different versions of the alpha textures.

See, the F8 ones are named ALPHA, ATEST or ALP24 but the F9 ones are only named _ALP.

So that's why I asked if you could compare your pylon2_ALP (used by F9) and pylon2ALPHA (used by F8) files, as they are actually two different files used by the two different versions.
Quote from josemspain :Furthermore, how do I know if I have installed any custom textures?

thanks

Umm, do you remember things you did in the past, or is your past life just a blur...

I don't know you can know. I simply know that I haven't gone and downloaded any high res custom texture packs.

You can install the new textures anyway, they can't stop LFS working. It's just that you would see the default LFS versions of the trees and other transparent things, rather than the ones from a custom texture pack.
Quote from Flotch :Of course you do not look at them that much, but now they look a lot better without having to rebuild the game entirely . And what is important is that they look good while you are driving fast, not necessarily while you are stopped taking a picture

They have a major impact on "advertising" LFS through videos, screenshots and such.
Besides, they are a pleasure to look at now!
Quote from Scawen :
The two versions use different versions of the alpha textures.

See, the F8 ones are named ALPHA, ATEST or ALP24 but the F9 ones are only named _ALP.

So that's why I asked if you could compare your pylon2_ALP (used by F9) and pylon2ALPHA (used by F8) files, as they are actually two different files used by the two different versions.

I was too tired yesterday to understand anything ... sorry

These two files looked absolutely the same, same format, ... but when I replaced F9 file with F8 one, it was much better than in F8
Thanks
Does any one have issues with 0.6F9 S2 license? mine activates but i can't use the content. when i try to and click 'join race' it just says:
"Could not load Bear's Car
Invalid setup after decryption"
maybe your HDD screwed up the data... It looks like it says that your car setup is damaged.
i reinstalled the whole game twice :\ only have 1 activation left.

Edit:
I Downloaded it again, upgraded to S2 then installed the patch, i also installed it to C:\LFS\ this time instead of C:\LFS\LFS\. and it seems to have worked. Thanks.
I Believe I've found a bug in the treeline behind the fences in aston. Seems like the alpha on the texture isnt working or applied?
Attached images
bug1.jpg
bug2.jpg
Quote from Danas :I Believe I've found a bug in the treeline behind the fences in aston. Seems like the alpha on the texture isnt working or applied?

Thank you, I confirm this bug at Aston. In fact I noticed that last night but didn't want to influence anyone's observations by mentioning it. It is reassuring that the only bug reported, is the one I already knew about!

Please do let us know if you see any other significant alpha or sorting issues related to the new alpha system.

Eric and I have also seen some small sorting issues where a branch of a tree can sort of pop in front of another nearby tree as you move to a different position, because we now use alpha instead of alpha test (and often, on trees, a two pass combination of both, known as Tree Edge Alpha or TEA). Nothing that really bothered us too much though, and is less bad than the actual distant object / track popup issues that have always been there due to failings in the "visible objects from current location" system which I am working on for the Westhill update.

So at the moment, the only known issue with this patch is that bug at Aston.
Hay bales also seem to have some alpha problems.
Attached images
lfs_00001001.jpg
Quote from Flame CZE :Hay bales also seem to have some alpha problems.

For that one I recommend the new texture, attached to this post.

Most probably the auto-converted ones from texture packs will not work, and the auto-converted one from the original LFS textures will not work.

It is included in the TEX (with textures) versions of the patch.

For anyone who doesn't know, the dds file (from within this zip file) goes in your data\dds folder but you don't need it if you installed the patch with textures.
Attached files
Bale1_ALP.zip - 62.6 KB - 560 views
Thanks.

That means everyone with custom textures will have to download this file to fix it?
Quote from Scawen :
Quote from josemspain :Furthermore, how do I know if I have installed any custom textures?

thanks

Umm, do you remember things you did in the past, or is your past life just a blur...

I don't know you can know. I simply know that I haven't gone and downloaded any high res custom texture packs.

You can install the new textures anyway, they can't stop LFS working. It's just that you would see the default LFS versions of the trees and other transparent things, rather than the ones from a custom texture pack.

Well... I remember that on ~2007 I installed a texture pack but I can't remember if since then my LFS got uninstalled at least once, it has been many years Scawen :/

Thank you, Sorry for the offtopic :C
Quote from Flame CZE :Thanks.

That means everyone with custom textures will have to download this file to fix it?

Well most of them, I guess so... unless there was a Bale1ATEST texture in the original custom texture pack and it was saved in DXT3 format and you didn't use Daniel's speedup program at some point, which would have converted it to the DXT1 and therefore added those black parts.

Maybe I should add that file into the NOTEX patch next time.

Quote from josemspain :Well... I remember that on ~2007 I installed a texture pack but I can't remember if since then my LFS got uninstalled at least once, it has been many years Scawen :/

Thank you, Sorry for the offtopic :C

I think maybe the safest option for you, for good images, is to include the newly exported textures from the patch. I think they look nice anyway, and none of them have gone through a "DXT1 1-bit alpha" stage like that Bale texture seen in the screenshot posted by Flame. On trees that "black where it is transparent" gives a blackened edge, specially in the distance, and this is why I re-exported all the alpha textures.

Maybe if you then notice some trees that changed and you want your custom ones back, you can let us know and we can tell you the file you should reinstate.
KY , http://snag.gy/SxhNz.jpg , invisible terrain at the right of the image. You can see it from the car

Maybe it was also on 6F and nobody noticed

[EDIT by Scawen - removed img tags as the image seemed to re-download every time I visited this page]
I confirm that is just a hole in the land that was never filled.
New prototype from Oculus: click
Did some races yesterday and noticed that names are dissapearing on some parts of Aston.

Increase User LOD in Graphics menu, higher value is better quality
Decrease Dynamic LOD Reduction in Misc menu, lower value, better quality

Carefull how you play with them because it will most likely hurt your FPS. Maybe you had them down for a reason :P
-
(nacim) DELETED by Flame CZE : already reported earlier
This thread is closed

TEST PATCH 0.6F12 (Rift DK2)
(832 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG