The online racing simulator
I've made an app that shows you what your FFB is doing and suggest a gain setting to avoid most of the clipping. The SLS is a little special, since it can generate huge forces, but there's not much detail. I think they have some sort of "powersteering" filter built in, so the cars with power steering are pretty dull.

I'll release the app later today, got some more refinements to do on it.
Quote from Mysho :Nice lap, but that drift before slowest u-turn cost you at least half a second.

Yeah I'm now little bit over 1s from WR and currently 3rd place in RSR rank
Yes...Somebody Loves Me
The sls, 12c and the 458 would make really nice class of cars but sadly the cars are not really balanced at all (I mean, they really aren't balanced as I think it was never kunos' intention to balance them). The 12c is like 2 seconds faster than the 458 which is 2s faster than the sls. Too bad there is no s1 version of the sls. Or some s version of all the supercars so they would be balanced. All of the are very nice to drive even if the sls is clearly the least sober of them around a track.

What do you guys think of the sound of the sls? To me it lacks depth. It is really difficult to tell how much rpm are you pulling at any given moment so you really need a shift light and a tach to get the shifts right. The sls also sounds louder standing still idle than at high rpms...
Their forum down for everybody else too?
It works now
The forum is sometimes down for something like 5-10 minutes. Really rarely though (like once per month).
Anyone else think it's not quite as stable under hard braking as it would be IRL? For me, and from what I see in others' vids it takes some sharp wheel work to keep it in a straight line.

For me in general it often feels a little twitchy, as though it's lighter than it is, but also mid corner you still get the wash-out understeer you'd expect from a heavy road car. Not sure I like it overall.
Quote from sinbad :Anyone else think it's not quite as stable under hard braking as it would be IRL? For me, and from what I see in others' vids it takes some sharp wheel work to keep it in a straight line.

For me in general it often feels a little twitchy, as though it's lighter than it is, but also mid corner you still get the wash-out understeer you'd expect from a heavy road car. Not sure I like it overall.

I 'like' it because it means I can get the front pointed into the corner and it suits my style of driving, but it does seem fundementally very unstable over the other cars.
Quote from sinbad :Anyone else think it's not quite as stable under hard braking as it would be IRL? For me, and from what I see in others' vids it takes some sharp wheel work to keep it in a straight line.

I wouldn't call it unstable, that's some heavy braking for first chicane in Monza, it behaves exactly like i would imagine this type of car would behave on the braking..
Quote from Specht77 :"This video is not available, sorry :/"

The video works, the url in ljudmila's quote doesn't because some letters not correctly in caps, use his original link.
I agree on the braking. In most circumstances you don't go as heavy on the brakes as we do in the game. The car has huge brakes on huge wheels. I guess braking hard in that feels like going into a wall.

Look at the 8 and 9 minute mark, under hard braking the car is really shimmying about...
http://www.topgear.com/uk/vide ... dster-series-18-episode-2

Low grip track. Love it.
These guys are insane..

Wow, so it's too wide for LFS forum's new 'modern' design.. :/
I'm trying to make a server for me and my brother to play on, I have followed a guide and we can both see the server. The problem I'm having is that I cannot select a car for entry, I have used the configuration to add the mod I want to use and copied the files over to content if I had to.

I see no entry list, where it says select a car for entry it is blank, if I add some cars it fills up the slots and I cant enter the server,

Please could anyone help out.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG