The online racing simulator
Quote from Boris Lozac :But am i crazy or blind, or there's no built-in chat

You have an app called "Python chat", it is the wrost chat ever, but it works
You're kidding me.. I saw that but thought it's some developers internal ni-ni-ni-ni chat.. Why the hell doesn't it pop up automatically when someone writes something.. Ahh.
Quote from Boris Lozac :You're kidding me.. I saw that but thought it's some developers internal ni-ni-ni-ni chat.. Why the hell doesn't it pop up automatically when someone writes something.. Ahh.

because it's an app. They should just make it a built in thing IMO, because now nobody uses it because how crappy it works.
Quote from ACCAkut :Does anyone here know how to model cars? Built myself a physics and sound replica of this out of that Forza-clone 911.

http://images.fotocommunity.de ... 829-a68d-d1150890c13d.jpg

https://www.lfsforum.net/attac ... mp;stc=1&d=1405548977

Modelling a car in blender is actually not hard at all. I've done this in just couple of days:
http://i62.tinypic.com/28hmttd.jpg
And I knew nothing about blender (still don't).

I just watched these vids out of interest and it looked easy enough.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97kHFPNs6jw

Basically to get a car to load in ac showroom you need to model the car, do the uv mapping (watch and copy all the 4 videos and doo all the things he does). Then export the model as fbx and open it in the ac editor. Watch the ac editor video in youtube to learn how to texture the car and then just use the formula k as a base. It is surprisingly not all that difficult.

Waiting for someone to make a car model for you seems extremely unlikely.

If you spend something like 10 hours on the 3d model you could probably be already driving it in ac if your physics are already that far. To get it to look good it obviously needs tons more time but to be drivable so you can sit in low poly cockpit and drive a low poly porsche doesn't take all that long...
Yeah I'm sort of still on it. Still takes a lot of time to get into Blender, I have lots of experience with NURBs style CAD systems (ProE, Creo, Catia, Abacus) but non of that helps me here
Give a shout out if there's some MP racing going on.. it's pissing rain here.

Btw, the only way to record a MP replay is to exit the game after the race and rename that CPR file?
Every.single.one.of.them

They haz spoilerz, much fast!

I wont be afraid that the GTWS won't do good at AC
AC is MILES away from gtws or any good organisate league racing.
Boris, there's also chat in the "lobby" if you click the bottom icon on the left when you "Go to Pits". Basically a bigger version of the Python Chat.
Finally got to try some MP racing on the weekend. The netcode seemed quite good now in terms of smoothness/lag etc. But are my eyes failing me or do other's cars seem to not point into the corner properly??
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Finally got to try some MP racing on the weekend. The netcode seemed quite good now in terms of smoothness/lag etc. But are my eyes failing me or do other's cars seem to not point into the corner properly??

It's a known issue.

The netcode and overall MP experience has improved a lot since MP was first released, but I still feel like it has a long, long way to go until it has the potential for any real organized racing. Right now it's just something I hop on when I'm bored.
The new netcode looks smoth, but I got 2 crashes caused to lag. I was 5 meters behind a friend (60ms constant) and suddenly we went airborn. Later going door to door I got pushed a bit sideways, this lag just pushed me to the grass so it wans't that bad.

Anyways, it is a lot better than before. And the new UI in the server (chat window, times, etc) is very cool.
They already fixed it. For tha last weeks I'm finding Kunos to be more productive (maybe I'm just more aware of the news) promising and releasing features in a timely manner
Quote from Whiskey :They already fixed it. For tha last weeks I'm finding Kunos to be more productive (maybe I'm just more aware of the news) promising and releasing features in a timely manner

Unfortunately they're adding and/or fixing features which should have been part of the initial MP release a lot of the time. Things like server control of tyre wear/fuel usage, content checks to (try and) prevent cheating online, chat functionality, admin control (kick/ban).
Just out of curiosity, amp, why are all your hotlaps in ffwd mode?
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Just out of curiosity, amp, why are all your hotlaps in ffwd mode?

Ever since I saw videos of the Red Bull X2010 in GT5 I wanted to drive something like it. I don't own a PS3/4, so modding in AC seems like a decent way to get there. For that Mugello lap the mod isn't that advanced, but I have done a bit of experimenting with some active aerodynamics and more interesting features. It's quite enjoyable to try and keep something that's about 30 seconds per lap faster than the 2012 F1 testing times on track at Mugello, especially when you're trying to stick within (somewhat) realistic physics settings.
Ah, I see. Wasn't clear on the fact that it was a mod and not just a normal hotlap sped up in post.
Quote from Fordman :Croft has been released. I can't test it as I am working away, but home tomorrow. Video looks good.

http://www.assettocorsa.net/fo ... croft-circuit-2007.13013/

What's your thoughts?

Fordie

That's far from the real croft, it looks horrible from the video in my opinion. The layout is far from correct.
The rFactor 2 version of Croft is much closer to reality.

Thumb down! :P
Quote from Tomhah :That's far from the real croft, it looks horrible from the video in my opinion. The layout is far from correct.
The rFactor 2 version of Croft is much closer to reality.

Thumb down! :P

Oh shit, and that comes from an a Very Experienced driver...I am yet to test it, had driver updates to do

But thanks for that Tomo Will report back

Fordie

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG