The online racing simulator
WE HAVE THE CUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Argentina played really dirty in the last minutes, I am glad Germany won
Gotta love all of those people from Argentina crying.
Grats Germany!
Well done, Germany.
Congrats Germany
Grats Germany!
Well done Germany. Class goal tbh by Gotze. Definitely were the most solid team all round in the cup.

And ofcourse Messi gets the Golden Ball. Robben shouldve gotten it

Glad that James got the Golden Boot.
Grats Germany
Parabéns, Alemanha!

The best team won, that is always good!

Go get drunk!

E: happy for Neuer and James!
Quote from jrd.racer :Well done Germany. Class goal tbh by Gotze. Definitely were the most solid team all round in the cup.

And ofcourse Messi gets the Golden Ball. Robben shouldve gotten it

Glad that James got the Golden Boot.

I'd have said Muller over Messi, but Robben was also excellent (between dives).
Best team won, match was good to watch, what else should i wish for? Well, just a few players should've been sent off. Anyway, well done Germany! Now commence the 4 years wait.

nah, wasn't a foul.
Quote from Kid222 :Best team won, match was good to watch, what else should i wish for? Well, just a few players should've been sent off. Anyway, well done Germany! Now commence the 4 years wait.

Different receiver of Golden Ball of World Cup ?
Golden ball to Messi was complete joke. 4 goals against easier teams like Bosnia, Nigeria and Iran. Also one goal pass against Switzerland (which isn't that good team either). Okay, he was important for Argentina but all he made was some dribbles and passes, he didn't even try to defence. IMO Mascherano was much more important for team. I think without that name on the kit he couldn't even be on world cup's "star squad".
Quote from CardsetCrazy :4 goals against easier teams like Bosnia, Nigeria and Iran. Also one goal pass against Switzerland (which isn't that good team either).

So that's 4 games of the 7 that he played where he helped the team win, not too bad?

Quote from CardsetCrazy :Okay, he was important for Argentina but all he made was some dribbles and passes, he didn't even try to defence.

He created most changes and completed most dribbles. I don't really get how he could have helped the team with his defending if he clearly isn't meant to do it?

Quote from CardsetCrazy :IMO Mascherano was much more important for team.

Mascherano was important, but I think Di Maria was even more vital for Argentina.

All in all, Messi couldn't win the World Cup for Argentina by himself. Higuain wasn't really up to par as seen in the final and Agüero seemed out of form. The defence was pretty solid but the attack wasn't. After Di Maria got injured, the team lost a vital link in attack as seen in the following games, they didn't score another goal after that.

I do agree though, Golden Ball to him was rather undeserved. IMO Robben or James would have deserved it more.
Quote from ImudilaSkyline :So that's 4 games of the 7 that he played where he helped the team win, not too bad?

We are talking about possibly best player in the world right now. Those goals aren't really that awesome, especially when he didn't do any in later games.

Quote from ImudilaSkyline :He created most changes and completed most dribbles. I don't really get how he could have helped the team with his defending if he clearly isn't meant to do it?

But he didn't even try to defend. Of course every help on defending, even from strikers, helps the team.

Quote from ImudilaSkyline :All in all, Messi couldn't win the World Cup for Argentina by himself. Higuain wasn't really up to par as seen in the final and Agüero seemed out of form. The defence was pretty solid but the attack wasn't. After Di Maria got injured, the team lost a vital link in attack as seen in the following games, they didn't score another goal after that.

He should be the guy who do those (victory) goals in situations where no one else can.

The General Football Discusion Thread
(3469 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG