The online racing simulator
Post your bike! :)
(1873 posts, started )
What broke?
Either the big end, or something directly connected to it.
Trackday #2
Looking good!

If I were you, though, I'd pull the mirrors off for track duty. Maybe the indicators too.
I started a sketch on a fantasy bike I thought would be used for NASCAR style oval racing. Well you know that saying,"If you've thought it up, someone else has built it"?
Yeah...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?a ... cthIoFg&v=ANwiN2jAa3s

only this guy uses a dodge viper motor. LOL I don't like the rider's position on his bike either. It's a little too high
Quote from Forbin :https://www.google.com/search? ... amp;biw=1920&bih=1099

https://www.google.com/search? ... amp;biw=1920&bih=1099

That one blue bike... the one that looks like a cross between a lazy-boy recliner and a ninja? They show photos of it going thru twisties, but it still looks like it's not very maneuverable. It has a lower center of gravity, but still How touchy would it be or would it be stiff at highway speeds? I dunno. it looks like it would be too hard to initiate a quick turn and too easy to overcompensate at the same time. I wouldn't want to be on it when some texter decides to veer into my lane.
But as far as racing at something like Talledega or whatever, would that be a good riding position?

I gotta another problem... I've been seriously considering making the suzuki a suicide shifter. You know, a gear shift. Only it has a wet clutch. I want to incorporate the clutch lever with the gear shift. Any ideas? Yeah, it's dumb and dangerous, so I probably won't do it. But it would look cool.
LOL scooter trash seeking advice from a crotch rocketeer about a chopper project.
LOL I dunno. Here that rivalry really doesn't exist. There's oneupmanship, but that's limited to stupid jokes or comments. Not no disrespect.
I think that's just some nonsense some cager made up stuck in traffic, hating on us cause somebody like Gils rode by with the guy's highschool sweet heart on the back, totally diggin the pencil that was under the bitch box.

It's finally a nice day here. Think I'm gonna play in traffic with the weekend warriors and their mortgage glides for a while.
Unfortunately I think if somehow they were to race a high speed oval at somewhere like Talledega the bikes would be closer to 50cc than 8000cc. With safety in mind I think the 600 supersports such as those that they use Daytona would be the absolute limit, but even then I doubt they would ever consider doing it. Constant high speeds, dozens of bikes slipstreaming within inches of each other, crashed bikes bouncing back across the track, riders on the road: I think you'd be incredibly lucky to make it through a race without someone being seriously injured or worse.
Quote from sinbad :Unfortunately I think if somehow they were to race a high speed oval at somewhere like Talledega the bikes would be closer to 50cc than 8000cc. With safety in mind I think the 600 supersports such as those that they use Daytona would be the absolute limit, but even then I doubt they would ever consider doing it. Constant high speeds, dozens of bikes slipstreaming within inches of each other, crashed bikes bouncing back across the track, riders on the road: I think you'd be incredibly lucky to make it through a race without someone being seriously injured or worse.

They're bringing the 1000's back to Daytona in 2015.

Quote from Racer Y :I gotta another problem... I've been seriously considering making the suzuki a suicide shifter. You know, a gear shift. Only it has a wet clutch. I want to incorporate the clutch lever with the gear shift. Any ideas? Yeah, it's dumb and dangerous, so I probably won't do it. But it would look cool.

Wet clutch just means the plates are in an oil bath. If you mean hydraulic clutch as opposed to cable actuation, it's easy enough to relocate the plumbing.
Quote from sinbad :Unfortunately I think if somehow they were to race a high speed oval at somewhere like Talledega the bikes would be closer to 50cc than 8000cc. With safety in mind I think the 600 supersports such as those that they use Daytona would be the absolute limit, but even then I doubt they would ever consider doing it. Constant high speeds, dozens of bikes slipstreaming within inches of each other, crashed bikes bouncing back across the track, riders on the road: I think you'd be incredibly lucky to make it through a race without someone being seriously injured or worse.

Oh no... this is straight up fantasy. LOL That kind of racing would be suicidal at best.
Quote from Forbin :They're bringing the 1000's back to Daytona in 2015.

Wet clutch just means the plates are in an oil bath. If you mean hydraulic clutch as opposed to cable actuation, it's easy enough to relocate the plumbing.

Yeah that. And it's not that easy. Sure rearrange the hose, but where to put the resevoir? I could transverse mount it on the shifter, but then I'd have to do something with the lever. Some sort of linkage. Put the reservoir on the frame somewhere?
I don't think I can do much with the stock lever. Not anything that would be both reliably functional and look good. I have easy access to a water jet cutter and metal finishing, I could come up with something.
LOL there's always google. All the metric customs out there, there's bound to be something I can learn from.
I believe a cable conversion is possible if it's that much of a barrier.
Quote from Forbin :I believe a cable conversion is possible if it's that much of a barrier.

It seems you can go from Cable to Hydraulic, not the other way around though.
At least not anything I found. Seems a lot of dirt bike owners want to convert from cable to fluid though.
Oh well. After sitting on the bike and thinking about down shifting and up shifting, false neutrals and going in and out of corners. Nevermind. I'll just keep the same forward controls. I don't think the cool factor of the suicide shifter is enough for the loss of performance. Especially with how much of a pain in the ass it'll be to figure out.
So this happened yesterday

De Lekdijk claimed yet another fallen rider
Sadly this time that rider was me.

I was accelerating out of this corner when my bike lowsided.
https://www.google.nl/maps/@51 ... 7Hz1U9_Pm9dY7bPia3iQw!2e0

My left knee hit one of those beige stones at of the road's edge.
The protector in my motorcycle trousers was literally shattered.
Lucky I'm alive and well, sort of. Considering me and the bike ended up in the high grass by the tree.

And with that I say long live proper gear!!

The end result.

Quote from Forbin :The internal armour or external knee puck?

The internal armour.

I have never worn leather pants with knee-sliders.
Too bad...... but if you're gonna crash, that looks like a nice place to do it.
Quote from Chrisuu01 :So this happened yesterday

De Lekdijk claimed yet another fallen rider
Sadly this time that rider was me.

I was accelerating out of this corner when my bike lowsided.
https://www.google.nl/maps/@51 ... 7Hz1U9_Pm9dY7bPia3iQw!2e0

My left knee hit one of those beige stones at of the road's edge.
The protector in my motorcycle trousers was literally shattered.
Lucky I'm alive and well, sort of. Considering me and the bike ended up in the high grass by the tree.

And with that I say long live proper gear!!

Man. That sucks. Glad you came out OK.
You have my sympathies. I don't know what's worse about bike wrecks. The wreck itself or the @ssholes the day after telling us over and over how dangerous motorcycles are.
What are you going to do with the bike? Are you going to restore it to original?
You know some drag bars, a tractor seat, a peanut tank and some spoked rims would look nice. Probably cheaper than replacing the fairing, the tank and the seat too.
None of that really matters. What does is that you came out alright.

Just recently finished another custom bike project. Yeah I saved the day for my Mechanics making a custom Yamaha 650 flat tracker by drawing them up some brackets for disc brake calipers. Yeah, I'm a big time bike builder now! too bad the rest of my dysfunctional family isn't into bikes, then I could have my own reality show on TV.....
Actually they're making this bike for a guy that's an auto dealer. How ironic is that?

Seriously... Does anyone know anything about stingray hide? I know most of y'all like sportbikes and totally NOT into customizing, but it's worth a shot.
I want something that looks good, low maintenance and will stand up to the elements. I don't want to spend megabucks on something that's going to look all ratty in six months. I like nice pretty choppers - that actually work right. And that includes the seat as well. I was looking at alligator skin, but the texture? LOL could you imagine all those damned ridges and scales up your behind, stuck in traffic? But Stingray looks pretty good and I've heard that it's pretty durable as far as seat covers go. But that's not from the most reliable of sources though.

I saw a nice bike a couple a weeks ago at the place I get my oil. A 1981 kz1100. it has a stretched swingarm, not that ridiculous stretch. just long enough to help with the squirreliness. The carbs and airflow was opened up I forget what kind the carbs were, but they wasn't stock. They wanted 2 thousand for it.... but second gear was shot and if I buy another bike, my wife says I'll be shot as well.
Quote from Racer Y :Man. That sucks. Glad you came out OK.
You have my sympathies. I don't know what's worse about bike wrecks. The wreck itself or the @ssholes the day after telling us over and over how dangerous motorcycles are.

I had those kind of c*nts come along within the first day after crash.
A bunch of annoying, stupid inconsiderate twats that's what they are.

Its like making fun of someone for breaking his leg and then telling him what he did wrong. These kind of people are the worst kind of people.

Quote from Racer Y :
What are you going to do with the bike? Are you going to restore it to original?

The bike is a write off the frame is bent, and repairing such an old bike is not even worth it.
I'm saving up now to get something somewhat modern like a bike from 1998 to 2003 ish.
Quote from Chrisuu01 :I had those kind of c*nts come along within the first day after crash.
A bunch of annoying, stupid inconsiderate twats that's what they are.

Its like making fun of someone for breaking his leg and then telling him what he did wrong. These kind of people are the worst kind of people.

The bike is a write off the frame is bent, and repairing such an old bike is not even worth it.
I'm saving up now to get something somewhat modern like a bike from 1998 to 2003 ish.

Bent the frame? Wow. Yeah, here in Texas if you did that, you're pretty much screwed. The title/registration is based on the frame. You can have a, I dunno, a Hayabusa. If you change the motor with a briggs and stratton lawn mower motor, as far as Texas goes, you still have a hayabusa. But put everything else on another hayabusa frame, and you no longer legally own a motorcycle.
And will have to jump through hoops of fire to make it legal.

"I'm saving up now to get something somewhat modern like a bike from 1998 to 2003 ish."
LOL my kind of biker. The cost of a new bike is mindlessly expensive and depreciates really fast.
And with a used bike it's so much less intimidating to customize.

Speaking of broken legs...
I laid my bike over around 2007-8? No the bike is fine. My leg broke its fall
I got a broken leg and a broken ankle, a melon for a knee and a heartbreak of knowing my boot put a dent in the tank and an anxiety attack wondering where it got towed to.
Anyways. While i'm in the emergency room at the hospital, the cops brought this gang banger in. I saw that he had a chunk missing from his calf and holes on his back. they have him handcuffed to a stretcher and stick him in a room across from me. My happy ass is sitting in a hallway in a funky splint, hoping the pill heads next to me don't bump my leg. I hear him tell the cop, "you know this could be the best thing that could happen for me. Now I can get all this behind me"
The cop replied," What the hell are you talking about? You got bit by a dog running from the cops and looking at doing 4 years? How can that be a good thing?" Screw the pain in my leg. I heard that and busted out laughing.
This dumb ass was wanted for robbery. He ran from the cops thinking he'd lose them running through backyards and hopping fences. From what they told me, he was doing pretty good until he hopped over a fence and into a yard that had a pitbull.
Glad to hear you're ok despite coming off mate
Quote from Chrisuu01 :On a more positive note.

I have a new bike, well not new per say but you get my point.

LOL "new" ... man that's a nice bike. LOL it's a "vintage" bike! I dunno... I'm sort of prejudiced though as a CB 750 is one of my favorite motors.
My uncle had one in the 1970's. In those days it was the BIG bike.
What year is it? It looks like late 90's? Any ways it looks GOOD.
Just out of curiosity, does the term Flat Tracker Bobber mean anything to you?

I guess I'm sort of prejudiced towards Hondas in general. The 750 was actually designed by God you know.

Oh well. Great bike.
Yesterday, I had to go and get new boots. Right beside the store I bought my boots at, there's a Kawasaki/Polaris/Victory Motorcycle dealership.
They had a "new" line of bikes. Apparently, Polaris, they make snowmobiles, personal watercraft, four wheel ATVs and Victory motorcycles, decided to start making Indian motorcycles.
Now I know most of y'all prefer sitting like frogs on hunks of plastic, but you have to see these bikes. LOL you should like them, seeing how the side panes covers the whole back end of the bike.
To be honest, I wouldn't want one. These things start out at 20k US. That and
it's just too fancy for practical riding. It's one thing to lay over a 1200 dollar rat bike doing a burnout, It's a major heart attack to get a rock chip on the tank of a 20,000 dollar ride.
The motor is what get's me. It's a ginormous V-twin (what is 110 cui? 2100cc?). The heads have this wild fin pattern. LOL the motor looks like they got a pump from an industrial air compressor and chrome plated it. You have to see this motor. It's air/oil cooled, not water, but I think they are banking on the heatsink fins to do the cooling.
Even though it looks like a perfectly restored dinosaur from the 1940's, it's not. It has ceramic lined exhausts. Fuel injection, monoshock rear end, inverted forks, decent disc brakes..
I didn't get to actually ride it. Didn't want to. Murphy's law would take effect and I'd be stuck with the most beautiful 20 thousand dollar bike with a smashed tank and bent bars that you've ever seen.

Oh well. next time you're on your super fast, high performance sportbike, doing a whole 15 miles an hour for the last hour in traffic, sweating to death
in that Joe Rocket Wear, fighting off the leg cramps, if you were a lottery winner or something you could at least be sitting pretty doing that on this:
http://www.indianmotorcycle.co ... 59-405e-4c6e-7955a184f0d8

Post your bike! :)
(1873 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG