The online racing simulator
Post your bike! :)
(1873 posts, started )
Why on earth would you spend so much money on levers!! I suppose they add 20 HP?
im going to fix it up, I have pazzo levers on mine and in the crash the levers are fine but it has smashed my master cylinder to bits
Quote from sil3ntwar :Why on earth would you spend so much money on levers!! I suppose they add 20 HP?

Same question popped into mind...
Quote from andybarsblade :im going to fix it up, I have pazzo levers on mine and in the crash the levers are fine but it has smashed my master cylinder to bits

Quote from sil3ntwar :Why on earth would you spend so much money on levers!! I suppose they add 20 HP?

Quote from DevilDare :Same question popped into mind...

Thankyou

Plus they look trick.. call me a chav.. idc
OH MY GOD THE CUCUMBER THAT GIVES ME 56BHP... Niko paypal i pay you
Really nice looking bike there S14. I have a Beowulf can myself, just one of the shorter ones in a simple round shape though. Really nice quality. I keep the baffle in, plenty loud enough but it doesn't rattle the neighbours' windows in the mornings. Have you found the sound has gone from a bark to more of a rumble with your change from stub to full length?

I'm surprised you went for the levers. Not something I would bother with on an SV unless I had really run out of ideas, but I guess it's whatever makes you think: "sweet" when you look back at your bike as you walk away

Like the Suzuki wrist band on the reservoir cover too
Nice SV. You'll get lots of joy from that bike if you don't crash it.

I just got mine back from a large maintenance + a new set of tyres. Set me back € 653
Quote from sinbad :Really nice looking bike there S14. I have a Beowulf can myself, just one of the shorter ones in a simple round shape though. Really nice quality. I keep the baffle in, plenty loud enough but it doesn't rattle the neighbours' windows in the mornings. Have you found the sound has gone from a bark to more of a rumble with your change from stub to full length?

I'm surprised you went for the levers. Not something I would bother with on an SV unless I had really run out of ideas, but I guess it's whatever makes you think: "sweet" when you look back at your bike as you walk away

Like the Suzuki wrist band on the reservoir cover too

I agree the can's really good quality.. with baffles in sounds nice and V-twinny but too quiet for my liking...=baffles out = almost as loud as my old one, just more "controlled" since this is new and has nice new baffling and the stuff.... the old stuby can is only about 5cm shorter.. however was much smaller with less baffling...so just sounded like it had no pipe at all. haha

It's still quite deep and burbblyy.. only have you to thank, you pointed me in the bike

I've always wanted a set of pazzo's... but to be honest not much else I can do with that.. lol, it's got everything done to it that I really can think. That reservoir was like £2+postage from Ebay if you want I'll find you a link

and LOL obsolum don't plan to.. gone from crashing it to dropping it in the garage.. thankfully I have loads of soft junk + bungs for it to fall off. no marks at all.. har har har
Quote from obsolum :Nice SV. You'll get lots of joy from that bike if you don't crash it.

I just got mine back from a large maintenance + a new set of tyres. Set me back € 653

Ouch. Valve clearance check I guess, plus all the other stuff that goes with it. It all mounts up as the hours of expensive workshop labour tick by.
That's why you learn to do it yourself.

Last thing I took a bike (my old EX500) in to the shop for was dirty carbs (clogged pilot jets) resulting in one of the two cylinders not getting enough fuel to fire. And it took forever, largely because it was the beginning of the season.

Right now I'm doing a full GSX-R600 front end swap on my SV. It's actually a fairly straightforward project and the only messy part is filling and bleeding the brake system, which I've done twice anyway, once each on two separate bikes.
Quote from sinbad :Ouch. Valve clearance check I guess, plus all the other stuff that goes with it. It all mounts up as the hours of expensive workshop labour tick by.

Yeah, I specifically asked to check the valves as it wasn't planned but I'm not sure if they've done it There really is no way to check, is there? The biggest cost were the two tyres and the hours of work. They also fitted new brake pads, spark plugs, air and oil filter, a muffler connector and replaced the brake fluid and engine oil. Most of that stuff I suppose I could do myself (I changed the brake fluids and engine oil not too long ago) but the thing is at the moment I really don't have any place to do that kind of stuff, nor the needed tools to do it properly. If I'm going to do it myself I want to be able to do it properly in a proper workspace with all the necessary tools at my disposal. I do plan to do most things myself in the future, but I'm not gonna fiddle with the valve clearances; too risky IMO.
and there was me thinking this was another of those post your girlfriend threads.
These SV's are pretty nice to maintain yourself, most people don't bother spending money on it in terms of minor servicing.. normally just tyre changes+valve shims... maybe carb/tb balancing.. other than that it's "brb garage"
Quote from obsolum :Yeah, I specifically asked to check the valves as it wasn't planned but I'm not sure if they've done it There really is no way to check, is there? The biggest cost were the two tyres and the hours of work. They also fitted new brake pads, spark plugs, air and oil filter, a muffler connector and replaced the brake fluid and engine oil. Most of that stuff I suppose I could do myself (I changed the brake fluids and engine oil not too long ago) but the thing is at the moment I really don't have any place to do that kind of stuff, nor the needed tools to do it properly. If I'm going to do it myself I want to be able to do it properly in a proper workspace with all the necessary tools at my disposal. I do plan to do most things myself in the future, but I'm not gonna fiddle with the valve clearances; too risky IMO.

The money you spent on the service could have been spent on the tools to do it yourself with plenty left over! Of all the things you just listed im fairly sure none of them are that difficult to do. Even valve checks seem more time consuming than difficult.
Interesting fact of the day... The Pazzo factory is about 5 miles from my house, and that's where all Pazzos are made. So no shipping costs for me, haha.
Quote from Michael Denham :Interesting fact of the day... The Pazzo factory is about 5 miles from my house, and that's where all Pazzos are made. So no shipping costs for me, haha.

Lucky git... free postage here..
My bike in action

Attached images
DSC00905.jpg
Finally rode my bike for the first time in 2 months. Was less than 5 minutes just checking everything was working. But damn it felt good to be riding again. Need to replace all my fairing bolts, change the oil, get a new screen and get something welded back on and hopefully i can just ride the damn thing without having to worry!
I've been looking for a bike as its my birthday at the end of this month and i will be legal to drive a bike.
The one ive find now looks pretty good, is quite cheap, and is the only one in the island.

This is a rather shizzy picture though.
Just FYI, 2-stroke engines can be a bitch. They're fairly simple, light, and make good peak power for their displacement, but they have nothing down low and require more frequent rebuilds than a 4-stroke. Unless the bike has an oil tank, you'll also need to mix the oil and petrol before you put it in the tank.
Quote from Forbin :Just FYI, 2-stroke engines can be a bitch. They're fairly simple, light, and make good peak power for their displacement, but they have nothing down low and require more frequent rebuilds than a 4-stroke. Unless the bike has an oil tank, you'll also need to mix the oil and petrol before you put it in the tank.

Is this at me?
If so how did you know the bike was a 4-stroke? Or can you see it on the bike?

Edit: Im not a bike person at all, im a car person. So expect extreme retardation when it comes to bikes.
I can tell it's a 2-stroke from the shape of the exhaust pipe at the front as it wraps around the engine. That's what's known as an expansion chamber. It's effectively an acoustic supercharger. Only high-performance 2-stroke engines have one.

Whereas 4 stroke engines (such as in most cars) produce power once ever 2 revolutions of the crankshaft (4 strokes of the piston), 2 stroke engines produce power every revolution of the crankshaft (2 strokes of the piston). This also gives them a very distinctive sound.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two-stroke_cycle
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expansion_chamber
Quote from Forbin :I can tell it's a 2-stroke from the shape of the exhaust pipe at the front as it wraps around the engine. That's what's known as an expansion chamber. It's effectively an acoustic supercharger. Only high-performance 2-stroke engines have one.

Whereas 4 stroke engines (such as in most cars) produce power once ever 2 revolutions of the crankshaft (4 strokes of the piston), 2 stroke engines produce power every revolution of the crankshaft (2 strokes of the piston). This also gives them a very distinctive sound.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two-stroke_cycle
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expansion_chamber

Ahah, i didnt know that. So this is a high performance 2 stroke engine? :| I dont think a high performance engine is good for a 16 year old haha, but oh well.

Yeha my friend was telling me that 4 stroke sounds much nicer over 2 stroke, but i dont hear a difference, all i hear in difference between them is that the 4 stroke is much higher and whinnier pitched.

And im just going through the two wiki links now
4-strokes only sound nicer if they're big bore IMO. 2-strokes have that "raspy" noise, which sounds pretty nice usually. It's the 2-stroke is whinier by the way, watch the difference:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tC0O40_VIwk

The first bike is a 4-stroke, second is a 2-stroke. The 4-stroke sounds much rougher and has low-down power, whereas the 2-stroke sounds like a bee in a can and needs to stay up in the high revs. Hope that helps a bit, sorry for the poor vid, it's all I could find

Post your bike! :)
(1873 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG