The online racing simulator
Post your bike! :)
(1873 posts, started )
Quote from dougie-lampkin :4-strokes only sound nicer if they're big bore IMO. 2-strokes have that "raspy" noise, which sounds pretty nice usually. It's the 2-stroke is whinier by the way, watch the difference:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tC0O40_VIwk

The first bike is a 4-stroke, second is a 2-stroke. The 4-stroke sounds much rougher and has low-down power, whereas the 2-stroke sounds like a bee in a can and needs to stay up in the high revs. Hope that helps a bit, sorry for the poor vid, it's all I could find

Ahah, now i see the difference.
The 2 stroke is the sound that annoys me whenever a biker goes past haha.
Is there a way to get a 2 stroke to sound like a 4 stroke? Different exhaust? Or is it to do with only the engine?
As i prefer the sound of the 4 stroke but i doubt i could find a 4 stroke for as cheap as this bike.
Quote from Migz :Ahah, now i see the difference.
The 2 stroke is the sound that annoys me whenever a biker goes past haha.
Is there a way to get a 2 stroke to sound like a 4 stroke? Different exhaust? Or is it to do with only the engine?
As i prefer the sound of the 4 stroke but i doubt i could find a 4 stroke for as cheap as this bike.

+1, 2 strokes sound annoying. especyally 2-strokes on enduro, they sound like bees in woods and that is annoying.when four strokes sound roaring and powerful. 4-strokes FTW!
but i dont think you can make 2-stroke sound 4-stroke
Quote from Forbin :Also be aware the seat height on that thing is 34.3 inches (870 mm). That's fairly high.

http://www.motorbikes.be/en/Husqvarna_SM_125_S_2009.aspx

Ahah sorry i hadnt seen this yesterday when i posted.
Will that still be the same even though my version is only 50cc?
Ima go get a tape measure and see if how far off the floor my ass will be.

Quote from batteryy :+1, 2 strokes sound annoying. especyally 2-strokes on enduro, they sound like bees in woods and that is annoying.when four strokes sound roaring and powerful. 4-strokes FTW!
but i dont think you can make 2-stroke sound 4-stroke

Yeah, its a shame you cant just make them sound like a 4-stroke. I might see if they have any versions of this bike that are 4-stroke instead.

Edit: I've just measured out 870mm and thats tiny :| Thats like at the back of my legs, doesn't even reach my arse, means i can sit on it fine.
Unless by Seat Height it doesnt mean the highest point of the seat is 870mm off the ground?
Quote from Migz :Ahah sorry i hadnt seen this yesterday when i posted.
Will that still be the same even though my version is only 50cc?
Ima go get a tape measure and see if how far off the floor my ass will be.

Yeah, its a shame you cant just make them sound like a 4-stroke. I might see if they have any versions of this bike that are 4-stroke instead.

Edit: I've just measured out 870mm and thats tiny :| Thats like at the back of my legs, doesn't even reach my arse, means i can sit on it fine.
Unless by Seat Height it doesnt mean the highest point of the seat is 870mm off the ground?

it might be that supermoto bikes are a little smaller size. 87cm is the seat height of 80cc mx bikes
Quote from Migz :Edit: I've just measured out 870mm and thats tiny :| Thats like at the back of my legs, doesn't even reach my arse, means i can sit on it fine.

Believe me, you'll find it very high when you're sitting on it at speed

If you're planning on doing a good bit of on-road stuff, you'd be better off with a full-size enduro bike. This one would feel very hairy cornering on the road, due to the small wheels. I presume at 16 you're restricted to a 125cc, which should be no problem to find an enduro bike in. They're fully road usable, my dad used to ride one to work in the past. It's just my opinion, but I think an enduro bike would be a better bet
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Believe me, you'll find it very high when you're sitting on it at speed

If you're planning on doing a good bit of on-road stuff, you'd be better off with a full-size enduro bike. This one would feel very hairy cornering on the road, due to the small wheels. I presume at 16 you're restricted to a 125cc, which should be no problem to find an enduro bike in. They're fully road usable, my dad used to ride one to work in the past. It's just my opinion, but I think an enduro bike would be a better bet

At 16 over here we're restricted to 50cc.

And is this bike like one of those stupidly tiny ones i see driving around every so often?
My birthday today.
And i got this

Look at the concentration in my face! Haha!
Attached images
Untitled-1 co243py.jpg
Quote from migz :my birthday today.
And i got this

look at the concentration in my face! Haha!

frvroooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom
Quote from Migz :My birthday today.
And i got this

Look at the concentration in my face! Haha!

lol, sorry.
Josh, Dad's found 'yer scoota!
What's with all the Pedobears?
Quote from Forbin :What's with all the Pedobears?

Same thing as with the obamicon me emotes, just with a new thing.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Same thing as with the obamicon me emotes, just with a new thing.

Yup.

But im sure its only me and Tomba who have the Peadobears.
Some new ones, been going out for very early morning rides the last couple of days.

Got a new phone as well so thought I'd try out the camera, pretty good results. I have no idea where I was LOL

E: Should be fixed, Dustin.
Attached images
IMG00008-20090716-0848.jpg
IMG00010-20090716-0848.jpg
IMG00011-20090716-0849.jpg
IMG00012-20090716-0849.jpg
Jamie, you fail at posting. Try again.

E: Fixed
2004 GSXR-600 front end installed on my 2006 SV650.
Attached images
FORBIN_1.jpg
Niiiice Forbin. How's it handle compared to stock? Much much better I'd assume.
Well, in the morning on Saturday, it was garbage. Apparently the PO had the rebound damping cranked out all the way soft and I forgot to check it before riding. Total pogo stick with no feel at all. Cranked up the rebound damping almost all the way and it felt much better. I haven't touched the settings on the rear shock at all yet. It was basically built from the factory for me and I think the settings from the factory are supposed to be pretty good.
, I wonder why I haven't posted my bike in here yet...

Well here it is! Over ten years old now, about 60000 km done, loads of rear tires , SECOND front tire, still in quite good shape...

The most recent pics of my bike from a game of tag that is being played in the area i live. As you can see the bike was losing parts as the day wore on

It just failed its warrant of fitness. Need a new chain and rear brake rotor. Will replace chain, both sprockets, rear rotor as well as the front which is almost below minimum thickness. Will cost about $600 NZD in parts (236 GBP, 386 USD) but will do the labour myself. The bike shop was going to charge the same amount for just the rear rotor and chain.
Attached images
farmerpete.jpg
ta.jpg
one of my father´s bikes.

got no bike license myselfe yet..

Attached images
_wsb_462x342_IMG_0654.JPG
Quote from BastianB :one of my father´s bikes.

got no bike license myselfe yet..

Looks cool what is it?

Post your bike! :)
(1873 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG