The online racing simulator
Quote from Fordman :there is nothing in there that says "at their descreassion they might drop the price for the beta version"

Everything in the world gets on sale or gets cheaper over time. There are tons of early access games on sale this time. They don't have to say it can get cheaper or get on sale over time. I also didn't expect them to do that because everyone with more than half a brain knows this. If you really thought this wasn't going to happen, you deserve to pay "too much".
Quote from kars19 :When you buy new clothes and then after some weeks see that the exact same clothes are selling with 50% off, you go to the sales manager and ask 50% back?

Quote from Fordman : With clothes for example, yes you pay less "when they go out of season"

As I put, you telling me AC is not longer in season although not finished

LOL

Fordie
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :Everything in the world gets on sale or gets cheaper over time. There are tons of early access games on sale this time. They don't have to say it can get cheaper or get on sale over time. I also didn't expect them to do that because everyone with more than half a brain knows this. If you really thought this wasn't going to happen, you deserve to pay "too much".

I "expect" its price to drop when...it's a complete product and sales drop...its incomplete at the moment, and sales are dropping already....makes you wonder why

So they drop the price for an incomplete product, so you paid and myself 30 odd Euros, for the same, identical product and content that is unfinished...yes everybody else gets the same for half the price, and you happy about this and willing to take the hit??

Blimey..David Cameroon loves people like you

Fordie
I don't see the issue, we've supported an indie developer for a very niche gaming genre. I sure as hell don't feel any regrets for the 25-30€ I put in for the pre-order, it was a freaking bargain compared to the other options (RF2/iRental).

If anything, I'm happy it's going for -50% now, that means more growth in the sim community with new members who are possible mod creators in the future. Besides, these sales last only a few more days, after that it's full price again.
I can't believe this shi* lol, what is an average wage in UK Fordie, like 1500, 2000 pounds?
Quote from Fordman :I "expect" its price to drop when...it's a complete product and sales drop...its incomplete at the moment, and sales are dropping already....makes you wonder why

So they drop the price for an incomplete product, so you paid and myself 30 odd Euros, for the same, identical product and content that is unfinished...yes everybody else gets the same for half the price, and you happy about this and willing to take the hit??

Blimey..David Cameroon loves people like you

Fordie

It had been on sale at least once before you bought it, mate. First time it happened other people had a similar reaction to yours, but really, as long as that pre order price is eventually a genuine discount, you can't complain that during a six month period the price be cut now and then.
Love ya Fordie, but this is a pretty dumb argument.
Quote from Fordman :I "expect" its price to drop when...it's a complete product and sales drop...its incomplete at the moment, and sales are dropping already....makes you wonder why

Because they want money - as much and as early possible. Probably because they know,that they won't be able to make it as good as most players want it,so they're attracting with lower price,as they want money. They're not like our old perfectionist Scawen here.

Aren't Steam the ones who dictate the discounts anyway?
COUGH "perfectionist" COUGH... The others want money COUGH COUGH...
Quote from Fordman :@ CodeLyoko1 ever heard of the words "miss sold" or Principle?

Check there T's and C's....there is nothing in there that says "at their descreassion they might drop the price for the beta version"...oh wait...where is their T's and C's

There is nothing "sad" in what I am saying here, you are talking pounds, not pennies..So what if AC is worth it, yes it is, but the principle of how they have done it, its wrong.

That £15 extra is one decent bottle of Vino

Fordie

Not 15£ for the bottle of Vino if it is on discount.
bought it as well...question is, how to play it?
my wheel is broken and it was crap anyway...are there other controls available in the time till i get a new wheel? (few hours of DL left...)
Keyboard, mouse, pad.
ah...just like LFS works all?
thats good to know
cant wait to give it a try
<- saving up for a g27...
Doesn't work as well as LFS, steering sensitivity is a nightmare to deal with.
Quote from Boris Lozac :I can't believe this shi* lol, what is an average wage in UK Fordie, like 1500, 2000 pounds?

Depends if you include all the 0 hours contracts we have here Boris

A lot of what I said in my original post, was ment by "tongue in cheek", like the 50% refund

Interesting read there Matrixi

Anyway, on a better note. MHS Server's have mananged to get FreeJoin working on my dedicated server, so no more waiting in the Booking System.

At the moment it is passworded server, for LFS drivers, to keep the crashers off it. Just a little more testing to make sure it doesn't crash.

You will need the client installed which you can find here, thanks to Troy for the link.

Will post PW and Server name here a little later

Regards

Fordie
Bought it, sales got me. Any tips for a newcomer? G25 settings, apps to get, setups database?

Thanks
Quote from undertaker00 :What do u want to explain with this site Dave?

Its enough to scroll at the end and read this

"Average Monthly Disposable Salary (After Tax) 2,238.45 €(UK) 380.68 €(Serbia)"

I wish Undertaker, although if you look, the stats are contribused based...

Last updateJune, 2014June, 2014
Contributors (past 18 months)2762 447

So that is almost 7 times more contributors to the site than Serbia...Trust me, UK is one of the most expensive places to live, unless your on government state benefits, then its one of the cheepest and the wages/salary haven't gone up for a few years now, unless you pay yourself...this once wealthy, nice to live in country has gone to pot....and going down hilll faster than most

Fordie
Quote from Mille Sabords :Bought it, sales got me. Any tips for a newcomer? G25 settings, apps to get, setups database?

Thanks

Not to start with, just use the auto setup tool and get a feel for it first, offline. Don't worry about apps to begin with, as this will just make you look at things other than the track.

Thats what I did

Fordie
Undertaker, I just had a quick check...Capital to Capital....

You would need around 188,908.68Дин (1,306.51£) in Belgrade to maintain the same standard of life that you can have with 4,100.00£ in London (assuming you rent in both cities)

Consumer Prices in Belgrade are 54.46% lower than in London
Consumer Prices Including Rent in Belgrade are 68.13% lower than in London Rent Prices in Belgrade are 86.57% lower than in London
Restaurant Prices in Belgrade are 59.18% lower than in London
Groceries Prices in Belgrade are 56.18% lower than in London
Local Purchasing Power in Belgrade is 49.44% lower than in London

That's where Cargame was going on about...its not all rosey in the UK

Fordie

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG