The online racing simulator
Quote from Boris Lozac :You still bother with that awfull system lol. Not gonna touch MP until people can join at any time, chat natively etc..

Its all we have, so run with it Boris

Fordie
Booking restarted - 5mins Countdown starts now

Hope to see you there

Fordie
Quote from Boris Lozac :You still bother with that awfull system lol. Not gonna touch MP until people can join at any time, chat natively etc..

I have a problem with the Admin Console and FreeJoin, as it doesn't work. They are working on a fix, as I do agree with you, but like I said, its all we have atm for MP...so better than nothing to have a laugh with mates ?

Fordie
So that invisible bump at Joux Plane hasn't been fixed?
Thats down to person who converted it.
Is 1.4.1 the latest version?
I'm also waiting for a multiplayer overhaul before I try again.
If I were to give it scores at the moment it gets 2 out ten for user friendliness, and 5 out of ten for net code. Unless the cars in front of you have single figure pings they just look wrong way too often imho. Other cars seem to have no physics at all, they corner impossibly, pointing outwards, crabbing around corners in a magical negative drift. Direction changes are the worst, the car changes direction of travel and the smoothing stuff takes about a minute longer to change the way the car is pointing. I should and in most other sims can have a good race with people that have pings around 50ms. That won't be the case with ac unless the sort that out.
Quote from sinbad : I should and in most other sims can have a good race with people that have pings around 50ms. That won't be the case with ac unless the sort that out.

I have good races all round, when not on a Kiddie bashing server. Are you on Fibre Sinbad or STD ADSL2+?

Fordie
Woo Hoo!

Epic on GPL.
Some serious moders there, hope they will do it right and this won't be another crap rF port
Gotta admit i'm totally clueless about Targa Florio.. but i welcome it. Downloaded that "Alps" track, pretty bad, Joux-Plane is textbook example of how those 'hill climbs' should be..
Quote from sinbad :I'm also waiting for a multiplayer overhaul before I try again.
If I were to give it scores at the moment it gets 2 out ten for user friendliness, and 5 out of ten for net code. Unless the cars in front of you have single figure pings they just look wrong way too often imho. Other cars seem to have no physics at all, they corner impossibly, pointing outwards, crabbing around corners in a magical negative drift. Direction changes are the worst, the car changes direction of travel and the smoothing stuff takes about a minute longer to change the way the car is pointing. I should and in most other sims can have a good race with people that have pings around 50ms. That won't be the case with ac unless the sort that out.

Bugs the crap out of me aswell mate.

Ive actually had thoughts about jumping back on iracing..
Quote from R3DMAN :Ive actually had thoughts about jumping back on iracing..

That's what I did, even if I'm not a fan of it... Sinbad listed the reasons above perfectly. Not to talk about public racing...
Well how much can be netcode improved? I doubt that they will magically fix floating cars and ping problems just with a optimization for netcode. It looks like base is done and it can be improved, but not that much really.

Hopefully I can be proven wrong.
Well I had a bit of an accident...

Track is not for sharin' though.
Quote from Taavi(EST) :Well I had a bit of an accident...

so why you show it ?
That's some serious track cutting.
Quote from Taavi(EST) :Well I had a bit of an accident...

Porting LFS' tracks is ilegal AFIK. Only Blackwood is allowed, and yet yout need authorisation from the devs. (Thought it is fun to be able to compare tracks...)
Quote from Whiskey :Porting LFS' tracks is ilegal AFIK. Only Blackwood is allowed, and yet yout need authorisation from the devs. (Thought it is fun to be able to compare tracks...)

That's why it's not for sharing.

posted couple of mins ago.
From FB too:

(...)

We are pleased to announce that the three top-voted by the public have been confirmed for production, to delight of fans:

Alfa Romeo 4C
Alfa Romeo GTA
Alfa Romeo 155 V6 TI

(...)

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG